XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
What about gouging out eyes whilst swearing?

If you're angry enough to be gouging out eyes, I certainly hope you're not singing, "Singing in the Rain." 'cause that would be creepy.

Yes.

But it'd been falling all night (and all day before that, though they plowed yesterday), and near as I can tell that late afternoon swipe was their first pass along the road. There should not be three feet of snow in the middle of the road, especially when the snowstorm stopped around noon.

I feel you. Here, first they plow the state roads, then the county roads in town, then the county roads out in the county, in order of usage. Our back country roads are dead last on the priority list.

Yes. St'rb'kz the Overcaffeinated.

:ROFL:

instead of riding a horse, he rides a chihuahua?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I feel you. Here, first they plow the state roads, then the county roads in town, then the county roads out in the county, in order of usage. Our back country roads are dead last on the priority list.

I could understand that, really I could. But I'm not on a back country road. I'm in *town* and our roads, in town, are handled locally. It's a small town, too, so it's not like they start on one end and it takes them 12 hours to get to the other.

I think I may actually be giving this whole "running for local office" thing serious consideration.

This frightens me.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
This story reminds me of Lake County a couple of years ago (the county directly north of Cook County, which where Chicago resides). We had a really harsh winter and the county actually ran out of road salt during the latter part of it. You could tell where the county line was with a quick glance at the roads. Cook County would salt right up to the county line. Bastids. :(

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Wouldn't that just be a Starbucks with the doors locked and attached wheels?

YES!!!!

*eyes the fountain* How many licks of a chocolate fountain does it take to save a craptastic day, Mr. Owl? 1, 2, 3....

One.

It's okay, we all know you were just talking about sausage.

I like sausage!

What?

Speaking of swearing, my 20 minute commute took me an hour. But I made it home in one piece. And as a bonus, my brother (who lives with me during the week) shoveled the driveway.

Aaaaaand my thermometer says it's 7.6 out. That's in Fahrenheit, which translates to DAMN THAT'S COLD in Celsius.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because all good candidates wear a sash.

And we will need to refer to you as Meister bos.

Sash?

Meister?

Ace, you are aware I'm an American, right? It's suits and kissing babies, here. And then the title in front of my name. Such as Councilman Bos. Or Representative Bos. Or Senator Bos.

And then eventually, I might get to be Mister President.

:evil

You should all be very, very afraid.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We had a really harsh winter and the county actually ran out of road salt during the latter part of it. You could tell where the county line was with a quick glance at the roads. Cook County would salt right up to the county line. Bastids. :(

This is the same part of the country where people got stranded last year (it was last year, wasn't it?) on Lakeshore Drive and had to abandon their cars.

So these things do not surprise me.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Sash?

Meister?

Ace, you are aware I'm an American, right? It's suits and kissing babies, here. And then the title in front of my name. Such as Councilman Bos. Or Representative Bos. Or Senator Bos.

Oh I'm quite aware you're American. The sash simply connotes that you have Masonic affiliations.

And "Meister" means "Master."

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I'm quite aware you're American. The sash simply connotes that you have Masonic affiliations.

I rather thought you were.

And how do you know I don't already, hmmm?

<--- is member of secret society

And "Meister" means "Master."

Ja, Ich spreche Deutsch.

I just have never heard it used with any political figure outside of Germany.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Sash?

Meister?

In support of your bid for public office, I refer you to this list. Read it, learn it, live it. And we will all be behind you in your mad quest for unimaginable power.

All Hail Our Benevolent Dictator!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bos, the second you start running for president is the second thousands of women come forward to say how you made advances on them via rep. Within a week you'll be going on tv to tell everyone how a new but unspecified allegation by some woman is totally unfounded.

Btw, it helps to get your story straight before denying it. Key presidential skill set.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Bos, the second you start running for president is the second thousands of women come forward to say how you made advances on them via rep. Within a week you'll be going on tv to tell everyone how a new but unspecified allegation by some woman is totally unfounded.

Btw, it helps to get your story straight before denying it. Key presidential skill set.

He's been going all creeper on women via rep?

He's hasn't macked on me... I feel unloved.

:cry:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bos, the second you start running for president is the second thousands of women come forward to say how you made advances on them via rep.

And you expect this to be a problem for me.... why, exactly?

Clinton, Kennedy, any of these names ring a bell for you? (And by all accounts I have been far more polite, restrained, and a gentleman than they *ever* were about any of it.)

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's been going all creeper on women via rep?

He's hasn't macked on me... I feel unloved.

:cry:

Creeper?

Perish the thought.

Unabashed, shameless flirt?

Absolutely.

:D

And I have been known to make an innuendo-laden comment, from time to time. That's certainly not a rarity around here. Heck, compared to some people here, I'm almost downright angelic.

*does not bother with the wings*

It's not as if it's everyone, or even every woman, sheesh.

At least not in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.