Disaster In My Region: AW Check In Thread (Tornadoes, Floods)

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Our neighbor cleared our drive with a Bobcat. It was a relief because I thought there would be school tomorrow but no, it was cancelled again!

Had Mac & Cheese and a Cloud Cake (Twinkie) for supper. If the blizzard doesn't kill me the diet will! --s6

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
Still raining here in Central Iowa, looks like some areas may get flooding, otherwise very little damage in my area, lots of damage southwest of here.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
We're set up for Day Three - and hopefully the last - of the high tornado threat. I'm ready for a break. The fun's supposed to fire up around 2 this afternoon and be over for the city by dark.

Come on, Dark! :)

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
thinking about you (and everyone in that region), ofg.
stay safe!

:Hug2:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
OFG - glad to hear you're safe so far. Will be praying for you and some friends I have in OK today. (We're supposed to get a round tomorrow from a weather pattern that is currently in Colorado - hope that one misses you!)

Milkweed, hope you don't get too much flooding.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Cloudy and muggy here again. T-storms should fire up this p.m. but most of the scary stuff will be just to the south and east. OFG--looks like you get the photo opps again! --s6

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
:( It's May 3, 1999, all over again, folks.

It's past our area now, but an elementary school to the south has been hit and children are trapped. The destruction is mind numbingly awful... still one on the ground around Meeker (close to Shawnee and the area hit so hard yesterday).

Deleted member 42

I'm hearing from people within a mile of each other; some never saw anything, another has a house and garage flattened.

Please let us know if there's a local aid contact for donations OFG. I'm awfully glad you checked in.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hearing from people within a mile of each other; some never saw anything, another has a house and garage flattened.

Please let us know if there's a local aid contact for donations OFG. I'm awfully glad you checked in.
Amen!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com

At the moment, this is the best I can find: If you are moved to donate, you can text 'food' to 32333 and that will donate $10 to OKC tornado relief... otherwise, donations to the Red Cross with a designation that it be marked for Oklahoma are most welcome.

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
<3 To all of you.

I'm sending good thoughts to the school that they'll find the children safe. From what I understand though they don't expect it. Heart breaking. I'm going to go cry again.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers to everyone affected by the storms in OK. Toll is over 50 now & expected to go up last I heard. :(

I remember the 99 one. . .this is so much more tragic.