Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love the video, Tas!!! Wooot!

Blue, it comes and goes, but it decided to flare up really bad this last week or so. Not sure what I did to screw it up, but I sure hope it stops hurting soon. Literally losing sleep from it. I think part of it's because they took me off the Nsaids I was on for pain because they conflict with the meds they put me on for my kidneys. It might have just taken this long to detox those out and I'm now getting to feel what it's like without them. I can take Tylenol, but I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible. Which means I'm whining more than I usually do.

Sorry for whining.

*Goes off to make lemonade or some other stupid thing because that's what I do, but I'd really rather whine for a bit and get lots of sympathy because it really does fucking hurt*

Or maybe just sit in my corner. :)

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Bad news: Stupid, idiot, leadfooted College Boy got a speeding ticket.

Good news: Stupid, idiot, leadfooted College Boy did NOT get into another car accident. Thank You, God, that he is okay and fine and guilty and able to stand in the living room for me to get pissed off at him.

:Headbang:

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
UGH, suckage, Dragon.

Maybe a silly question, but have you tried acupuncture? I found that it zapped pretty bad pain in my back pretty much immediately, I mean, after one treatment, not slowly over time.

And gaaahhh on College Boy's lead foot. Can he do traffic school and mitigate the impact on his insurance?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Is this why girls live longer than guys? First accident I ever got in, not even my fault, and I never tailed anyone too close again. Glad he's safe, but give that kid a whack for me.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
(((Dragon)))

Double gaaah on college boy's lead foot. Must have same genetic makeup as my college girl. A speeding ticket seems to be a semi-annual requirement.

I'm early to the Purgy meetup - I hit a lot of traffic last time so I headed out early this time and hit no traffic at all. I caught up a bit and I'm heading in now.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
That'd be *our* insurance. Sigh. He did the class the LAST time he got a ticket.

I'm angry, but it's mitigated by his unharmed presence upstairs eating cold meatballs. He totaled a car a few years ago. Walked away with a sore shoulder. His driving will put me in an early grave, I swear. I'm just happy tonight's incident was "stupid" and not "phone call from the hospital." Gah.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from seeing the Avengers. Excellent. I agree with everyone else that I've talked with that the Hulk totally stole the show. There are a few movies I saw previews for that I hadn't watched online yet that I want to see. The Words, Brave, Frankenweenie and ParaNorman. Frankenweenie will be fine, but Brave and ParaNorman I'll have to either steal away a female friend or go really late at night. Single guy in all black with long hair by himself= suspicious figure in a theatre during a child's flick. Of course I've been really waiting to see Prometheus.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(((Lily))) I'm glad he's ok. Sorry it happened, though.

No, Lisa, I hadn't even thought of acupuncture. I have this thing about needles, but I've heard wonderful stories about the results. Does it work on nerve damage? My ulnar nerve is what's damaged. I'd gladly suck it up if I thought it would help. :)

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Dragon, nerve pain is one of the things acupuncture works on the best. Why not give it a try? Can't hurt. Might help. And nothing toxic to worry about.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Caleb, a quote from my husband: "My favorite part of the Avengers was when the Hulk."

I agree. Wh3don does not thrill me but he seems to be the only person in film who has a handle on the Hulk character. And Ruffal0 nails it. Would love to see them team up to do a Hulk flick. Probably won't happen, though.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, indeed and thanks for the suggestion!

Oh forgot to say have fun San Diego meetup ppls. :)

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
back from another fantastic info
gathering for rick puglet get together!
we closed the restaurant per usual.

fotos forthcoming! (not from me, alas.)

dragon that sounds painful. =(

lily pie, ack! and so glad he is safe. speeding
tix are expensive--i remember from experience.

my favorite in Avengers was most
definitely black widow. i felt she stole the show.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, you're fast, Cindy!

I had a great time at the Purgy get-together. Photo by Blue or Houndrat should be forthcoming. (I'm handicapped by a gov't "smart" phone with no camera.)

Thalia - I forgot to add on my last post - Yay! for Agent feedback and invitation to resubmit after rev!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
thalia, good luck!!!

rick, i'm quick on the draw!
but perhaps should never make a toast
again?

cindy, there's a reason i don't drink 8)

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Toast? I thought you had pizza?

And when are you going to return to your avi pic of you and your hubs? :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
{{{KT}}} Headaches suck.

Caleb, none of the previews before Avengers tickled my wallet. I am going to see Chernobyl Diaries (matinee) when the men are refereeing soccer next weekend. Nuke fears + haunted house story = happy Lily.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thalia, yay and good luck!

(((Lily)))

(((KT)))

Am feeling a bit better today, but I fear the virus is simply regrouping before the next attack. *curls up on sofa with tea*

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
{{KT}} and {{Mom-of-leadfoot}}

Thalia, good luck with the revision request :)

Work annoyances continue today. I'm supposed to be able to work at home Thurs & Fri, but will likely have to go in today owing to someone else's screw-up, which was basically caused by the fact she was giggling and joking around with one of our interns while she was doing something. So that's three hours out of my day, on top of chasing down this problem until almost midnight last night. Grr.

Although on the bright side, my writing partner got some *very* good news yesterday :)snoopy:), so I can't get too worked up about the work stuff.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning.

Caleb, none of the previews before Avengers tickled my wallet. I am going to see Chernobyl Diaries (matinee) when the men are refereeing soccer next weekend. Nuke fears + haunted house story = happy Lily.

have to look that up.

Oh, Black Widow was definitely my favourite Avenger.

She was definitely my favorite to look at.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

Caleb and I are currently re-enacting the Avengers all around the office. This should provide some entertainment for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.