A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
What is a nonpareil?

I am making sausage and mash out of Marks & Spencers, seeing as how I bought a microwave yesterday. It is to recover from my first day at training (not at work, we've been told actually he's going to cut some of us, Survivor style, over the course of the training), and from walking round Prague Castle for over three hours learning the route. Then I have chocolate truffle sauce to go with the cakes I made yesterday, and four days off to play around with WIPs.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, it's a jazzy. We call them jazzies. No idea why. Back in Scotland you used to be able to get ones 2 inches across and a centimetre thick. They were good too. :)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
We have a thread here somewhere of MTS poetry, did you ever contribute to that? I'll have to dig it up...

Um... I don't write poetry. I just pervert Shakespeare. I'll see if there is a nice juicy bit of blood, guts and murder for me to play with - not playing with blood and guts but the verse ... probably something from Titus Andronicus.

Sausage and mash - really good with chocolate gravy!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my chocolate–and loving friends. :) I have an update on my hands situation: the good news is that I do not have arthritis, as previously diagnosed. Yay! We are still not sure about carpal tunnel, but I am going to take a two-week rest from typing and see if that helps. Now don't fret, I will still be here. This is why I invested in speech to text software.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to work on my MS with this software. It's just too difficult. But I'll be writing mentally. Insert your own joke here. :)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
So long as you'll be writing mentally. And, of course, you'll supervise the creation of chocolate-covered food items to make your ms sabbatical tolerable. :Hug2:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my chocolate–and loving friends. :) I have an update on my hands situation: the good news is that I do not have arthritis, as previously diagnosed. Yay! We are still not sure about carpal tunnel, but I am going to take a two-week rest from typing and see if that helps. Now don't fret, I will still be here. This is why I invested in speech to text software.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to work on my MS with this software. It's just too difficult. But I'll be writing mentally. Insert your own joke here. :)

Yay! Good news on not having arthritis, HJ.:Hug2:

Although, I know that not knowing what something is, can almost be as bad as having something horrible like arthritis. (Wow, I read that sentence back and I hope it makes as much sense as it did in my head.:D)

Let's hope the couple of weeks typing-free work to ease the discomfort. And maybe you can use a dictaphone for you novel?

In the meantime here's some choco to keep you smiling.:Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake:

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
I agree HJ. Now's the perfect time to practice using your STT software.

I tried it a few years ago and was only able to write 250-350 words/hour. I should have stuck with it because I can only type 400-500 normally. Maybe I'd be faster than typing by now. Of course, my new computer can't handle the software at the moment since it is a cheap piece of...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
In the meantime here's some choco to keep you smiling.:Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake:

:D

Thanks, guys.

Speaking fiction is a whole different animal than typing it, Doc. I will try, though, and report back on my progress this week... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

DocBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Believe me, I know. It wasn't easy. You really have to focus. ;)

I didn't have it in me. I admit, I was a quitter. But I do want to give it another shot eventually (when I get a better computer).

Dix

So, is that a no?
Registered
Reaction score
Would you like a cup of cocoa? (Most effective when said with a British accent.)

Met with local writers group today and got extremely helpful feedback on one my scenes. (I've gotten helpful feed back here on AW, also. Very much appreciated.)

My husband once said about sex, "The worst I ever had was wonderful." I feel almost the same way about crits. 'Course, it's especially wonderful when they're right on target.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Would you like a cup of cocoa? (Most effective when said with a British accent.)

Yes please! :e2coffee:

My husband once said about sex, "The worst I ever had was wonderful." I feel almost the same way about crits. 'Course, it's especially wonderful when they're right on target.

:roll:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Okay, all this talk about chocolate made me so hungry, I had to fly to Switzerland and buy tons of chocolate!

Swisschocolateshop.jpg

I've put on 10 lbs in two days! Hope you guys are happy. :tongue

Last edited:

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm. Chocolate. Just head the best chocolate cupcake. The icing was thick, creamy, dark chocolate made at my local cake store. Mmmmm. Any opinions on this book cover, the one that is noe my avie?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to make a chocolate banana cake later tonight, and eat it with custard. Right now though it's macaroni cheese pies (a Scottish thing) cooking in the oven.

Ken - why do you think I moved to continental Europe? They know how to do chocolate over here! (There is even a museum of chocolate here in the Old Town).

DocBrown

Registered
Reaction score
No writing tonight. I just spent the last 90 minutes creating and updating profiles at Smashwords, Amazon, and LinkedIn.

That's 10 years of not advertising myself online down the toilet.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Any opinions on this book cover, the one that is noe my avie?

I like it!

No writing tonight. I just spent the last 90 minutes creating and updating profiles at Smashwords, Amazon, and LinkedIn.

That's 10 years of not advertising myself online down the toilet.

:Hug2:

I made Happy Chocolate Chip Cookies yesterday. Willing to share.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I made Happy Chocolate Chip Cookies yesterday. Willing to share.

Oooh, Chocolate Chip Cookies - my favourite.:drool

In exchange I'll give you the most dangerous cake recipe in the world. (I was sent this the other day, and while I can't paste the pics in, I'm sure you can use your imagination.:D)

Most Dangerous Cake Recipe in the World
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE COFFEE MUG CAKE!!

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla essence
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to your largest mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using), vanilla essence, then mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now you are only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night! :evil