Juxtaposed June - 500 Words a Day thread - All Genres Welcome

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
:welcome:, Blackhawk. Nice wordage! Keep plodding away. :D

Awesome, Shara! I'm looking forward to when I get to that point on my WIP. Not even close yet.

Nice, OSG, hope that you get some more later too. :D

Wow, Namatu, you're plowing through it.

Alas, no words yesterday and not really enough today worth reporting. Only 12 more days of the !@#$ day job and then maybe I can get down to some serious daily wordage. Even have a lead on new digs that look to be more conducive to writing, checking the place out this weekend. Taking the month of July off from working a day job to decompress and finish the WIP.

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD WRITING!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome July plans, Ken.

Excellent progress, Saoirse!

Woo hoo, liz! Weird but good, right? Weird but good.

0 for me last night. I had to sit and stare.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice wordage, Saoirse. Congrats on the milestone. :D

Wow, Liz, did you break out the chainsaw? :e2chain:

Yes, it is an awesome plan for July, Namatu. Now I just have to make it for 10 more days at the !@#$% day job. The closer I get to my last day, the harder it gets to deal with the crap. I just hope I can last 10 more days without choking someone. I came pretty close today. :evil

Well, despite the BS, I did manage to get 266 more words on the WIP. Would have been more, but it seemed like as soon as I broke out my flash drive, the phones started ringing. (It's like they knew I was trying to write.) I had to stop at a point in the scene that left my MC and her team hanging.

WIP total WC - 71,555 :D

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Ken - When I used to write over my lunch break, I had the same problem. Still, it's awesome you got words.

:hugs Namatu:

Liz - Awesome and weird, yeah. ;) (I once took a 399k book down to 192k. And then to 184k. Now it's about 128k. I write LONG. It felt strange being so short....or at least short to me! LOL).

653 words for me today. Now I need to rearrange some things to accommodate the new direction of the plot.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Only -135 today. Less weird. :D

I've been known to snipe a few hundred words here and there, Ken. They all add up. :)

Hah, Saoirse - this one was never 399K, but it was close to 180K at one point. I removed a whole sub-plot. I am still sad about that.

Sitting and staring is sometimes fruitful, Namatu!

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Well I was all set to write this morning, but settled in Starbucks I fired up the Netbook and got 'user profile error'.

Gaah!

Could not log in, hence could not write. Most frustrating when there's probably only one chapter left until the end.

I have had this before with my laptop. Seems to be a common error with Windows 7. Have given it to my IT guys at work hoping they can find out how to fix it.

And all this happens on Friday 13th!

I hope the rest of you manage to get words written today...

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Sorry to hear about your Netbook issues, Shara, hate when that happens. Funny that you say that it's a common issue though. I've been running Windows 7 for over 4 years now, between work and home, and I've never had that issue. I have seen corrupt user profiles on work PC's, but have never had that issue on my personal laptop.

Well, a better day writing at the !@#$ day job today. Actually got to wrap of the scene from yesterday, so my MC and team are no longer "hanging", and got the next scene going. Got 506 new words today, bringing the WIP total to 72,061! :D

Only 9 business days until vacation!:snoopy:

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD WRITING!

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Blasted the lid off The Railroad Man again this month. Proofreading the soft back revealed many errors and led me to do some maintenance. Wound up releasing a revised edition of the novel on Kindle and will have the soft back out shortly. Don't know how many words I wrote, but it was a lot! And hopefully, they will be the last I will write for The Railroad Man. It's time to set it free and move on.

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Blackhawk. How many years are we talking about? I've been working on mine for the last 25 years, on and off! And I just finished working on yet another set of revisions today! I hope I'm done with it now.:Shrug:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Oooo, Shara, I hate computers, and I make a living off of them. I hope your problems clear up.

I shaved off another 416 today. There is more I should be hacking, but eventually it's going to mean removing entire plot points.

Go, team! :hooray:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I hate technology too, sometimes.

The IT guy at work managed to fix the Netbook. He agreed to accept cake as payment. Must remember to take some in for him on Monday!

I tried to make up the lost writing time this Saturday morning. I have acheived 1,113 words and have got to the end of Draft 1!

Yay!! This calls for some dancing bananas!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

The full MS now stands at 74,000 words. I am aware there are lots of problems in it, but it's only draft 1. Everything can be fixed in the rewrite.

I'm off to chill that bottle of Champagne we've had since Christmas - seems a good reason to break it out tonight!

I wish everyone many words this weekend, and I shall be back as soon as I've worked out what to do with this MS.

In the meantime, I've got another round of edits to do on one of the two new releases this year, so I better get on with that.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,224 words excised. Brain fried.

I have taken a day off of the Day Job tomorrow in hopes of getting to the halfway point on the edits, but I am also taking my dad out for Father's Day, so my goal is possibly a wee bit ambitious. I'm close, though.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well, I finished my third draft and sent it out. -306 today, which doesn't quite get me under 136K total.

Still going back and forth on titles. Wondering if "The Book Where Stuff Blows Up" would be too plain.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CONGRATS LIZ!!!! That is awesome! I see a new title in your siggie - I like the sound of it. ;)

Been revising my antho story for the most part. And researching getting a second BA degree. I think I've lost my mind.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
CONGRATS LIZ!!!! That is awesome! I see a new title in your siggie - I like the sound of it. ;)

Thanks, Saoirse! It was my agent's suggestion, and it's close to some of the ones I was thinking of. It's growing on me.

And renaming my book was all I got done yesterday. Had one of those "remember the rest of your life?" moments when my mom went to the ER last night. Not sure what's up yet - she's home and feeling completely fine now - but one worries.

Been revising my antho story for the most part. And researching getting a second BA degree. I think I've lost my mind.

Oh, I did this from 2007-2010. It is, in fact, insanity; but in a lot of ways I had SO much more fun than I did getting the first BA. I didn't sleep much, though. :D Do it!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
That's AWesome, Liz! :hooray: Way to go. Love the title, I'm intrigued.

Not much for me over the past few days, but did get in some yesterday and today. I'd still be going, but I ran out of letters and have to run to the letter store. Got a two day total of 651, bringing the WIP to 72,712. Not a lot, but I'll take what I can get.

Only 7 more days at the !@#$ day job and I can start writing full time. :D

Got a new LOD out of this too! :D (Shameless plug)

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Whew! Actually got words today. Not a lot, only managed 459, but I'll take them. Brings the WIP to 73,171! :D (Under 17K to go for 90K.)

Only 6 more days at the !@#$ day job and I can start writing full time. :hooray:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Awesome words, Ken! Counting down the days, huh? ;)

Been revising and hemming and hawing about the second BA. Liz, I want to do it desperately, but there are other factors that will come into play and that makes it tough. But man, FRENCH. And Spanish. And and and--geez. I'm insane.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Awesome words, Ken! Counting down the days, huh? ;)

Yes, counting down. As we used to say when I was in the Army, I'm a one digit midget. :D

I knew this contract was coming to an end this month, actually thought it was going to be last Friday. But going to the end of the month gives me another paycheck and a bigger bonus, so... Started out to be a 6 month contract and I've been there 2 years now. Also haven't had a vacation in those 2 years, so it's time.

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Sigh. I see I haven't posted updates in over two weeks. Revisions continue, a little every day, and I'm nearly halfway through now. Old words are cut, existing words are polished, new words are added. The WIP now stands at 93,400, meaning words will need to be cut in round three (or is it round four?) of revisions. But I'll worry about that then.

135 net new words added this morning.

TGIF, everyone!