Injurious July 500 words/day thread--all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Woo-hoo, Ken! And isn't it great that Kelli can't stay out of trouble? :)

lindz, sometimes things must percolate. And 737 is a damn good word count.

1,298 tonight. Sometimes the words come easier, but I'm not convinced they come out any better. :D

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
1251 this morning. This scene is turning out to be a little difficult. Bleh.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Finished a pass through the galleys for book 2. Nothing major this time. (Unlike the last book where I had disappearing, mutating, and reappearing vehicles.)

At least there wasn't anything major that I caught...always afraid of what I'm missing.

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
I was so not in the mood to write this morning, but I sat down telling myself I had to crank out at least five hundred. Then I realized the scene I was writing was a super fun one I did 1730 in no time. I'd have kept going but kids needed me.

Grr, now I want to go finish it!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice wordage, everyone. :D Big 0 for me yesterday and today. No excuse yesterday, just a little under the weather. I still have time for words today though, so hope to get some.

Good luck and good writing.

ETA: Managed to get going, added 849 and a new scene. WIP is now at 79,642!

ETA to ETA: Got to looking at my numbers and boy was my math off, WAY OFF! Yesterday I reported at 79,705 and then 63 less today! Wow! Actual WC is 80,565! :snoopy:

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Hugs on the 0, Ken. I hope you're feeling better.

Liz - Awesome on making your goal!

lindz - Awesome! Sometimes it's just a matter of getting started.

BfloGal - Good! (I always worry a bit about that, myself.)

1,608 for me today, plus some tweaking in the previous two scenes. Broke 13k total written for the month so far. ;)

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Great progress from everyone! And special congrats to Ken for breaking 80K! :hooray:

I started writing a scene that I hated, so I tossed it and started writing a synopsis. The middle bit is still blank, but I got a few ideas I can work with.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Managed to add another 616 to book 3 while editing. Am now just shy of 1000 words under my required length, with plenty of editing left to do, so no problem. And with the extension, I'm breathing a lot easier.

Now, for another pass on those galleys of book 2

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Great progress from everyone! And special congrats to Ken for breaking 80K! :hooray:

Thanks, Liz, it feels good! :D Good luck with the synopsis. Always find that the hardest thing to write.

Tweaking is not good for you, Saoirse. :tongue Kidding. I'm sure that you'll work it out.

Nice wordage, lindz.

Good luck with the edits and the galleys, BfloGal.

Here's to consistency and progress, Forbidden Snowflake.

Took a break yesterday and saw the new Hercules movie, also got a haircut and met with a new writer's group last night. Back to the WIP today and got 507 this morning. Finished a chapter and started the next. WIP WC is now at 81,072. Getting there.

Good luck and good writing!

ETA: Couldn't get it flowing this afternoon and ended up adding a measly 206 more words. WC now at 81,288.

ETA to ETA: Well, still up and decided to get back to the WIP. Added another 319 words and figured out where this new plot thread is going. (Kinda.) Brings my daily to 1052. I'll take it. WIP at 81,607.

Last edited:

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
Nice work everyone. Seems like everyone is making steady progress and that is great.

I did 1219 today but I think I'll need to get some notes in before I do too much more. Getting into the really meaty stuff and want it all to be right. I'm not very good at planning much beyond a chapter or two in the future but I need to make sure all my clues are working themselves in properly so I should probably push myself a bit. Really beginning to see where this is all heading so it's pretty fun.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Did an intensive pass over the first 50 pages of my galleys for book two. And a bunch of behind-the-scenes writing-related business.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Hurray for being unstuck, Saoirse!

I got unstuck myself last night and this morning too. :D Banged out 793 words on the WIP this morning. Still have a long way to go and a few plot points to wrap up, but getting close to the end. :D

WIP now at 82,400! (A nice round number.)

ETA: Well, after a short interlude, to get the front windows tinted on my car, I got back to writing and pounded out another 483 words to wrap the chapter. Daily total thus far, 1,276! WIP now at 82,883!

ETA to ETA: Just added another 233 with the start of the next chapter, bringing my total up to 1509 for the day, and the WIP WC to 83,116! Running out of steam and words though, so time for a break.

Last edited:

lindz

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh getting stuck sucks. Glad both of you guys worked it out.

I did 1301 this afternoon and finished chapter 20. Nothing much to add, just making progress.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com

:D Thank you, Ken! And bravo on breaking 82K. You are a writing machine.

760 words last night. Unstuck, finally.

Hooray for progress! :hooray:

I did 1301 this afternoon and finished chapter 20. Nothing much to add, just making progress.

Fabulous word count, lindz!

Worked through just shy of another 50 pages of galleys today. Kudos to my copyeditor. I'm not finding much at all.

Sounds like it's nearly finished - that's got to be exciting.

I am back to the first book, having received edits from my agent today. I have spent the evening printing out the relevant pages and getting my notes in order, but not actually changing anything. They are little changes, but stuff cascades, ya know?

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Awesome wordage Ken!

Liz - I know that feeling. When I was revising Fey Touched (my debut novel ;) ) I had the same issue -- everything was connected and required so much more work than it appeared.

BfloGal - Awesome copyeditor you have!

lindz - Progress is progress is progress!

1,082 words and broke 15k for the month. :D

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice to see everyone making progress and staying busy. Only managed 388 this morning, trying to figure out where this is going and if the end is coming soon. I have two ideas for the ending, just not sure which way to go. I'm sure that I'll figure it out.

ETA: Added another 640 today for a total of 1028. The good news is that this draft is DONE! :snoopy: It came in well under my planned word count of 90k, but the story has told itself. If I tried to push any more words out, it would just be superfluous dreck. Final count on this draft, 84,144. Now to let it sit for a week, print it out and edit.

Last edited:

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Worked through another 50 pages of galley. Found a few more things today. Was embarrassed to find I used discrete when I meant discreet, but at least I fixed it before it got out there. Also corrected a minor continuity issue.

Am about half way done through the second pass of the galleys.