Reaction score
Almost 1000 words yesterday and planning to do 1000 more tonight XD

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I'm having a month off after making last month's crazy deadline, but I'm be cheering you all on from here. :) Good luck, everyone!

electroweakstar

Just keep swimming...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
electroweakstar.wordpress.com
People are kicking butt! I love seeing the word counts shoot up. :)

I'm up to 4200, need 800 today for goal. Brought my netbook along so I can stop at Caribou Coffee on the way home, sip a cherry dark chocolate cocoa (with whip!), and see if I can pound out the last of the word count before my partner gets off the train. Sounds like a dream of a writing date with myself, eh? Hope it's fruitful.

TMCan

Registered
Reaction score
Now that I have the first few chapters outlined, hopefully writing will go smoother today. *crosses fingers for 500 words*

ucf612

Registered
Reaction score
I'm only at around 1500 words for the month but I've finally got a fire in me to rewrite my NaNo2011 novel. I loved it (premise wise) but it started off so horribly that I put it away afraid to look at it again. Anyhow, I got an idea for a new opening, wrote it, posted in SYW, got some great critiques and now I'm excited about finishing it. I might actually...finally...have a query-able story! I do plan to finish the first draft of my other novel but right now I'm excited about this one so I'm going to work on it while I've got the momentum.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited chapter 24/27, adding 100 words. Up to page 86/91! So close!

I'm pretty sure the next chapter, however, will require some reasonable amount of editing... I seem to recall an issue of timing.

Not sure what I'll do with myself once this editing pass is done. Aside from writing the synopsis and query and submitting to agents and stuff... But I mean, other projects. Not sure what I'll focus on yet.

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
I'm only at around 1500 words for the month but I've finally got a fire in me to rewrite my NaNo2011 novel. I loved it (premise wise) but it started off so horribly that I put it away afraid to look at it again. Anyhow, I got an idea for a new opening, wrote it, posted in SYW, got some great critiques and now I'm excited about finishing it. I might actually...finally...have a query-able story! I do plan to finish the first draft of my other novel but right now I'm excited about this one so I'm going to work on it while I've got the momentum.

I've been having the same issues with my NaNo novel from last year, 2012. I love the premise, but it never got finished. So even though I know the beginning is complete crap, that's what I'm working on, and hoping there's some salvageable material in there. Good luck with it!!

So I actually sat down and cranked out 1,100 words. Not very good words, but I'm glad to actually be writing, so I'll take what I can get. ;) I want to get this novel done as soon as possible so I can actually go onto rewrite it, because the first half is 50 K of my NaNo novel, so it obviously needs a lot of work. But I still need to know how it's going to end, so therefore, I've got to finish it first.

akpeach

Registered
Reaction score
four days north of hopeless and 3 degrees south of
I'm at 4,834 for the month...almost on target. Yesterday was an edit only day and today was edit and write so I caught up mostly. I forgot to keep up with my word count yesterday on my edited chapter, but I did better today and plan to keep up with it as editing is my primary goal this month and I'll be doing a lot of it.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on 4075 for the month. I've barely written anything the last few days. Today was much better though, I wrote over 1K. I reckon I can get back on track for 1K/1D pretty easily.

shayla.mist

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Over 1k done yesterday night. I love how it turned out.

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Had a marathon editing session yesterday and worked through nearly 5k words, which included fixing a small plothole. I have about 20k words to work through on this pass-through, but I know that includes rewriting a scene that's a pretty major turning point for my MC, AND fixing another scene near the end where the antagonist's actions aren't the most logical choice (still working on figuring out how to work that one out)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Had another headache for most of yesterday, so didn't get any more done... I've been having headaches kind of often lately. Not sure if it's heat-related (it's Summer here, and it gets HOT) or if I need some new glasses.

Can't afford new glasses for another month or two anyway, so hopefully it's just the heat thing.

3 chapters left, 1 of them very short, 28.5 hours till the family's plane lands. I can do this...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited chapter 25/27, adding 200 words. 2 chapters to go... So close!

The next chapter is short, then there's a semi-short epilogue, and that's it. Of course, I've thought of a few things to add to the next chapter already, so it'll likely grow in size by a decent amount.

I've added 3.5k on this edit, which is half back of the 7k I deleted in December. That's pretty much what I was expecting, and it's a much better book thanks to both of those editing passes.

Hopefully I can get it finished today, and that'll give me plenty of time tomorrow to clean the house. As I've been on my own for 10 days, it's definitely my responsibility to clean up... Mum will be getting back late afternoon, so yeah... Should have plenty of time.

It's not like I've been a slob, never am, but the animals shed a lot of hair which needs to be cleaned up, the shower needs to be scrubbed, and a few other things.

/ramble

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Worked through 2.5k more words of editing... debating whether to go onto the next chapter still tonight, knowing that this chapter is where I'll need to start working in some setting/plot changes. Might just have to call it a night and give my brain a little rest.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I got jury duty for the day before Boyfriend's birthday... -.- Feel extremely fucking lucky it happened to be the same day as a final exam... What a coincidence...

~Amber~

TMCan

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh I am just getting home for the day. I am going to try and squeeze a few words out before passing out in exhaustion.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I got jury duty for the day before Boyfriend's birthday... -.- Feel extremely fucking lucky it happened to be the same day as a final exam... What a coincidence...

~Amber~

Jury duty? Give 'em the chair! :D

I've never been on a jury before... Nor has anyone else I know. The system's probably different in Australia.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Whoops, forgot why I came in here. :tongue

Edited chapter 26, adding a massive 300 words! Woo! Now it's just the epilogue and I can start working on queries and a synopsis and stuff.

Not sure I'll make it all the way to 61k... Need to add 200 words or so in the epilogue to get there, but I don't think there's much more to say there. But whatever, it's over 60k, so that's fine. A little on the short side, but not too bad.

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
Whoops, forgot why I came in here. :tongue

Edited chapter 26, adding a massive 300 words! Woo! Now it's just the epilogue and I can start working on queries and a synopsis and stuff.

Not sure I'll make it all the way to 61k... Need to add 200 words or so in the epilogue to get there, but I don't think there's much more to say there. But whatever, it's over 60k, so that's fine. A little on the short side, but not too bad.

60 K is definitely a good size! Starting to work on queries should be really exciting. :D

So I only managed to write 380 words today, but it's been a crappy day, so I'm leaving it at that. So far, I've written just over 1,500 words this month, which is putting me pretty behind for my goal of 1 K a day. But I always have the weekend to catch up!

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I didn't write today. But that's fine. I got other work done. I can write later.

I'm still trying to find myself(or rather force myself) into believing that I can write what I want(or feel like or what makes me happy). However, it's a lot harder than I thought it'd be.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Go Cliff! :e2cheer:

I've been doing better on the exercise and chores front than writing. I'm trying to shift my schedule around to accommodate more things in the evenings, but haven't been too successful so far :tongue

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I wound up reading for most of yesterday afternoon, and I'm never productive in the evenings, so I still need to edit the epilogue... Cleaning the house first (after my AW fix) but I should have time before family gets back. :)

ucf612

Registered
Reaction score
I've been having the same issues with my NaNo novel from last year, 2012. I love the premise, but it never got finished. So even though I know the beginning is complete crap, that's what I'm working on, and hoping there's some salvageable material in there. Good luck with it!!

So I actually sat down and cranked out 1,100 words. Not very good words, but I'm glad to actually be writing, so I'll take what I can get. ;) I want to get this novel done as soon as possible so I can actually go onto rewrite it, because the first half is 50 K of my NaNo novel, so it obviously needs a lot of work. But I still need to know how it's going to end, so therefore, I've got to finish it first.

Good luck! I guess having a decent premise is half the battle or 1/3 of the battle or at least some part of the battle.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
It took 3 hours, but the house has been cleaned!

I give it about 15 minutes after mum gets home before the place is a mess again. I don't know why I bother, to be honest.