Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I love it, Jude. Ought to be SK's new sigline.

Hmm. Would I have to change my avatar?

This is such an interesting thread.

Those boots were made for wading!

A couple more of the bird torturer whisperer. There's something a little different about these shots than the ones posted earlier (besides the birds) that an astute observer might recognize:

9-11-12106-SM.jpg

9-11-12114-SM.jpg

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, is there a changing room out there on the flats? ;)

I'm also guessing that the two pics above were taken before the previous two...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
No wonder you can get such great photos of the birds, heck they're practically an arm's reach away from you. Great shots, SK. What are you whispering to them?

love the moth, how pretty! And the little toad. aw.

Hummingbirds! Very nice shots of them! That must've took a lot of patience.

And that is one cute caterpiller. Look at that little face, aw.

Great photos everyone!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
you can see his bow legs though.
that's something.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
ducks.jpg

This is a duck pond in an office park. I took this in the late 1990's using a Real SLR Camera with Real Color Film (but no, it's not color slide film like I heard professionals use, at least when they limit themselves to the small 35mm format). It's almost cheating because it's an artificially created and well-manicured environment, and taking this picture was like shooting fish in a barrel, er, shooting ducks in a duck pond.

I just now found my box of photographs from back when Film Was King still in common use, and am going through them to pick out ones to scan and post. I have a few dozen duck pics, and this one was the best (not so much of the ducks themselves as the whole environment) so far.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
No wonder you can get such great photos of the birds, heck they're practically an arm's reach away from you. Great shots, SK. What are you whispering to them?

Usually it's sweet nothings such as, Turn around, you little shit, so I can get a better picture of you. :D

it's true. he does have different pants on.

That swachski is an astute observer. The pants are similar yet different from what I'd worn previously. I try to wear the same or similar clothes during each outing. I think it helps birds and other animals to recognize me from previous encounters and recall that I'm not a threat.

You can't see his scales or his gills in any of the pics.

Look closer!

you can see his bow legs though.
that's something.

I like to think of them as gracefully curved...

I thought for a minute there his t-shirt said 'SNIPE' on it...

Sniper would be more like it. :)

I just now found my box of photographs from back when Film Was King still in common use, and am going through them to pick out ones to scan and post. I have a few dozen duck pics, and this one was the best (not so much of the ducks themselves as the whole environment) so far.

Thank you for sharing that picture, Ben. I appreciate the work it takes to go through prints, then scan, download, resize and upload them for our viewing pleasure. I look forward to seeing more of them in the future.

By the way, do you know if those are Muscovy ducks? They look similar to some I've seen roaming in this area.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice duckies!

I tried to zoom in on some swans recently:
swannies.jpg

And I also took some end of summer flower pics:
whiteflower.jpg

blueflws.jpg

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Nice duckies!

...And I also took some end of summer flower pics:

blueflws.jpg

Damn, what a beautiful shot. It boasts the two elements I admire the most: perfect lighting and composition. The colors and subjects are also impressive, but without the first two, the picture wouldn't be nearly as dramatic.

Great stuff, Katho. :)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, what a beautiful shot. It boasts the two elements I admire the most: perfect lighting and composition. The colors and subjects are also impressive, but without the first two, the picture wouldn't be nearly as dramatic.

Great stuff, Katho. :)

Wow. Thank you, fishy. I just thought they were interesting-looking flowers.

Ooo... I've got some purdy nature pics around here someplace... I'll see if I can find 'em. :)

Those are gorgeous, rg and Ben. The color in all is so real!
Thanks!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Oh! I almost forgot!

Take a look at the latest addition to AW History!

One of our most revered... a highly respected... a very furry, lovable, whiskey-loving, girl-chasing, nature dog (aka: Haggis... yeah, I know... if I left the first two descriptions, no one would have ever figured out who did it!) pointed out to those of us who mod the AW History Forum that there was an important part of AW History being left out... so we added 'Charlie and the Nature Factory' to the permanent collection this afternoon.

Thanks for the great thread, SK... and thanks to everyone who's contributed.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! I almost forgot!

Take a look at the latest addition to AW History!

One of our most revered... a highly respected... a very furry, lovable, whiskey-loving, girl-chasing, nature dog (aka: Haggis... yeah, I know... if I left the first two descriptions, no one would have ever figured out who did it!) pointed out to those of us who mod the AW History Forum that there was an important part of AW History being left out... so we added 'Charlie and the Nature Factory' to the permanent collection this afternoon.

Thanks for the great thread, SK... and thanks to everyone who's contributed.

I'm honored and moved to tears; it's unexpected and appreciated beyond measure.

Thank you.

What started out as my concern for an alligator has evolved into an appreciation thread for life and nature in general.

How cool is that? :)

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
When I first saw the notice up in "AW History" about the thread being put in the archive, I thought it might be some sort of 'In Memoriam', that the thread had been lost or cancelled or whatever and you all, and the pictures, were gone!!:cry:
Thanks be, you're all still here! :snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:
And, congratulations on the well-deserved recognition!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Great photos Ben and RG. Love the colors and scenery. Thank you for sharing them.

Congrats on the thread honor, SK! Well deserved.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
RG, these heavenly blue morning glories are one of my favorite flowers! Mine are blooming right now too...and I took some pics... just need to get them posted here. :)