Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I vote reading as well. I haven't read anything good in a long while. I seriously need to pick up some new books.

In other news, eating a second piece of cake may be my undoing. Also, Conjure One's new album is really different. I didn't like it when I downloaded it yesterday, but now I'm really into it. Funny how that works.

I like the "Ordinary Way", Lol, but the others are a bit moany, no offense to the lit. Vamp herself. Chuckle.

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Also, if I start reading my books tonight, should I buy CoFA tomorrow at the book store (any Mort@l Instum3nts fans?) or wait until next week?

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Is it sad I have no idea who Conjure One is? A band? This makes me feel old. Maybe I'll create a station on Pandora and educate myself.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Parum, that's who has mine right now. I love Extraordinary Ways. My fav. album out of the bunch. However, this new one is pretty good as well, it's just got a different feel to it and I swear it's a different vocalist.

Pezie, what's CoFA again? I'm so out of the loop.

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
City of Fallen Angels, the 4th book in The Mortal Instruments series

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh okay, thanks. Well, if it's a series you enjoy, why not? Besides, if you end up tripping over a discussion thread, you won't have to worry about spoilers.

Moni

Literary vampire Mongering words
Registered
Reaction score
I'm around....I was resting.....this toothache is making me a little lethargic.....maybe it's infected....I don't know....we'll see in a day or two.....or...I'll just have Kenny take me to the Creighton Dental College on monday to get it pulled.....*SIGH* as much as I hate to have to get teeth pulled....needles in the mouth are NOT my faves....*SHUDDER*

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh Moni, so sorry to hear about the toothache. I had one back in November I think. I ended up having it pulled as it was way too painful.

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh Moni, so sorry to hear about the toothache. I had one back in November I think. I ended up having it pulled as it was way too painful.

My crown fell off & my tooth broke in half....now the nerve is exposed....so yeah...I've gotta get it pulled. Just hafta wait.....make sure that Kenny gets me some money so I can get it done....that's part of the issue with dental stuff....you practically need to be a millionare to get any really decent work done! UGH

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Ah everybody is gonna hate me, but I just finally had my first cavity this last year... and I'm an adult. So yeah, not a lot of bad dental experience here.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, to have my tooth yanked it cost $200. The doc wanted me to do a full cleaning and such and for some reason he just couldn't understand that unemployed=no money.

Let's see, I think I've had 3 cavities when I was little, a crown, a tooth pulled with an extremely long root, knocked out a front tooth by sledding into an ice bank, had an expander, braces and then retainers. Yay, fun times.

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, to have my tooth yanked it cost $200. The doc wanted me to do a full cleaning and such and for some reason he just couldn't understand that unemployed=no money.

Yeah....dentists seem to take it for granted that everyone has awesome hours like they do & get money like they do....most dentists become dentists because they are guaranteed money.....*SIGH*

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

Let's see, I think I've had 3 cavities when I was little, a crown, a tooth pulled with an extremely long root, knocked out a front tooth by sledding into an ice bank, had an expander, braces and then retainers. Yay, fun times.

Well, I didn't mean I hadn't had the other stuff. I just meant not cavities. I had oral surgery at 6 years of age to correct a centermeter gap between my two front teeth(genetic), and I had to have a retainer after than(not that I wore it much). I was 6.

And I had to have my wisdom teeth out at 13 because they had already broken thru the skin and were causing problems.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Parum, I never wore my top retainer either ;)

I have yet to get my wisdom teeth in. I'm 29 years old.

ChelseyBlair

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelseyblair.com
I got braces twice because I stopped wearing my retainer in college. I paid for the second time myself.

In other news: Today sucks. I had to haul ass back to campus as soon as I got home because I left my phone. The room had been cleaned so I had to stalk the cleaning guy to get it back.

Then I had to unclog my toilet and my body hurts from going back and forth to campus twice. :-(

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Parum, I never wore my top retainer either ;)

I have yet to get my wisdom teeth in. I'm 29 years old.

Wow, that's just like my friend. She hasn't gotten hers in yet either.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Chelsey, sounds like a very long day. You deserve a long soak in the tub with lots of bubbles.

Parum, apparently they're there, just not coming in.

A bath actually sounds like a really nice idea. I think I'll go do that now. Have a good night all in case I don't reappear.

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
In other news: Today sucks. I had to haul ass back to campus as soon as I got home because I left my phone. The room had been cleaned so I had to stalk the cleaning guy to get it back.

Then I had to unclog my toilet and my body hurts from going back and forth to campus twice. :-(

:cry: I am sooo so sorry Chels. That really does suck! Have they put you on anti-biotics or anything? Or is this one of those lovely things you'll just have to get over on your own? =(

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, if Pixie is on is anybody YAWNing? Or is that Friday or something? I'm not alway savvy about the timing. Chuckle.:D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, where'd everybody go? You guys disappeared on me - no fair - can't tag someone and yell 'you're it'!

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
I got braces twice because I stopped wearing my retainer in college. I paid for the second time myself.

UGH! Sorry to hear that....sounds like it's a Monday on a Thursday.....what the HECK?

Chelsey, sounds like a very long day. You deserve a long soak in the tub with lots of bubbles.

Parum, apparently they're there, just not coming in.

My bottom wisdom teeth were pulled....my top ones not....they're in weird so I don't think that they'll ever come in....my top teeth are a victim to genetics...my biological mother had dentures when she was 17-18 years old...me I'm nearing the 40 mark....but my teeth are very soft & breaking....my braces when I was 13 didn't help much. In fact they helped to get the breakage underway....UGH...why do genetics hafta be so fickle?

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry Parum, I was in the tub relaxing.

Moni, genetics really do suck. My mom and dad both had bad teeth, but that was from smoking and such. I suffer from things such as gal stones and stomach ulcers because of my dad. He actually had a bleeding ulcer back when he was around the age of ten. So glad I'm never that bad off, but I have to watch my diet and such.

I know Jamie has been trying something to help reduce his cavities and it seems to be working. He takes fish oil every day and brushes with baking soda and water and then uses normal toothpaste once or twice a week. In between those times, he uses toothsoap winch is essentially soap for teeth. I only knew about it and where to get it because of running a bath and body business for about a year.

Braces really didn't help me. It reduced the gap between my front teeth, but I am so out of alignment and there's no way I'm letting a crazy doc break my jaw.

In any case, going to head to bed. Added maybe a paragraph to my memoir. Maybe I'll actually get some work done over the weekend.

Have a good night all.

ChelseyBlair

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelseyblair.com
I've only got one wisdom tooth. It's coming down now. They said if it doesn't come in all the way they'll take it out. I am praying for it to keep coming. I hate dental anesthetic.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Hey,all!

Just popping in to see how everybody is doing. I'm getting ready to write like mad,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.