Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
-is an enormous Avril Lavigne fan-

-is also completely against any form of censorship-

How can you not stand her if you've never listened to her songs?

ETA: Totally! My mom brought me to a Britney Spears concert when I was 12. My aunt bought me two of her CDs when I was 6. My dad bought me all of Avril's CDs. My parents are awesome. Clearly, 'inappropriate' music is good for me.

...which it is. Ever heard me imitate Ke$ha?

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I've listened to them a few times at a few parties when I was younger and on the bus.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I was 13 when I first started liking Eminem, and my brothers were totally against me listening to him. I didn't care what they thought. It wasn't like my mum was saying I couldn't. If anything, she liked him too! haha
Oh, but they didn't mind me listening to Evanescence who, at the time, sang about death, etc. >_<

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I went to a Pink concert when I was 5! Best. Concert. Ever. It was before she was hella well known. I still have my Britney cassette tapes.
My favorite movie when I was really young was Spaceballs, which isn't the cleanest of movies.

ETA- I don't know how old I was, but when I was younger I used to go up to my cousins room (she's 10 years older than me) and we would listen to Eminem and play Sims.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
And my mom started watching Secret Life with me when I was twelve. And her only concern about the way I dress is that the clothes are good quality and look good on me. Liberal parents are the best.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
That reminds me of Space Jam. Totally different film, but still very funny. Went to the cinema to see it on my... 10th?.. birthday, with a load of friends.
Saw Britney twice in concert, first time was 2001, and second time a couple years ago. First time was better.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I've been to one concert in my whole life. Well, it was a weekend full a mini concerts - YC. Haha. Go Christian bands! :p

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, bless. I think someone needs a road trip! :p
I go to too many concerts. But... i'm not complaining. xD

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been to 4 concerts, I think. (In order) Pink, Hilary Duff, Gwen Stefani/Kanye West/Lady Sovereign, and then Weird Al. :D

But I haven't been to a concert since 6th grade. :(

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Fml. There is a bug in my coffee. 0_0

I've missed so many concerts in the past few years. I had tickets for a Pink concert last year, but I couldn't go because I had a stupid school thing come up. And then last summer I was supposed to go see Blue Oyster Cult, but I had a family thing. And next week I wanted to go see Motion City Soundtrack, but I can't because I won't be able to make it to San Francisco before the concert starts.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen...

McFly, Scouting For Girls, Elliot Minor (x3 - met them TWICE :D) and Twenty Twenty.

My mum's quite liberal.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
You don't wanna know how many time i've seen Mcfly. Too many to count over 8 years. Definitely over 30 times. I saw them 11 times in 2007 alone. haha.
Miley 3 times.
Taylor swift 3 times.
Paramore.... 4 or 5 times.
The Pretty Reckless 3 times.
Kelly Clarkson twice
MCR - 3 times
The Script

Hmm... there's more but most of them are repeats or at festivals.
My mum doesn't care what i see, since she pays for them. lol. It's great being the youngest in the family xD

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
My parents are pretty liberal. There are some things that make the uncomfortable, but my whole extended family (on my moms side) (especially my cousins and me) are all super super liberal.

ETA- I'm so jealous, Kathryn! I love concerts so much, I wish I could go to them more. I don't even really care who I see, I just like going to them. :D

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
We received our Michael McIntyre tickets today. It's not til September 2012! lmao

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
30 times? I'd love to see McFly 30 times!

I literally saw them every gig they did within a 100 mile radius! lol Although the furthest I've travelled is Wales. Other than that, it was a limit of up to Nottingham, and no further.
Talk about hard core fandom, eh :p

My friends thought i was weird, but i didnt care. I still support them, but i'm mellowing out a bit, especially since their latest album wasn't good imo. It was totally going against what they've been working for since the beginning. :/ But no one seemed to care. Plus I don't really like mainstream.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
But go for the first album first. The latest one doesn't show what they're made of. Trust me.

RadioActive was the best album EVER though, imo.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
What the heck is a Christian band? Is it like, that group of girls in Saved? the Jewels or whatever?

I have been to Hilary Duff, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Glee, Taylor Swift... probably a couple more, but I can't remember them.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hell, I'm addicted to Angry Birds. Just fling me now. I mean... shoot me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.