Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
me and my mom have had a very VERY rocky relationship when it comes to me writing. Up until a few years ago as in when i was 17, she finally got over her delusion that "It was a phase"

Before then she would try to stop me from writing, because she thought i was "cutting my self off from the world" but in reality writing was the only thing that made me happy. She didn't quite understand that and thought it was unnatural for a girl to want to stay in and write rather then go outside and play. (but considering i had no friends at the time.. who the hell would i have played with) She used to be so embarrassed that i wrote that every time someone either in the family or a family friend would ask me what i was writing about, i would have to lie and say it was a journal otherwise she would yell at me.

Finally when I finished my 4th book in the series and began re-writing my 1st book was when she seemed to either give up trying to change me to make me normal, or finally realized this "phase" wasn't going away. She began tolerating my writing at that point. But still wouldn't read any of my stuff just would reply "I'll wait till the movie comes out"

Then a few weeks ago as a joke she asked me what i wanted for christmas and i told her "to read my book" she actually agreed!!! Then when I found out she was getting an operation she told me that's why she wanted to read my book because she would have all the time in the world to finally give it a good critique. I'm still beside myself!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I'm in a Starbucks. Starting an epic writing sesh soon (Home has the epic distraction called TV), but there aren't as many wallplugs as I thought there would be so I'm going to keep my eye on a nearby table and hopefully I'll hit 5K before I need to charge.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
2.2K! :D

During my breaks (half an hour max), I will be watching AVPM, topping up on food and drink, and filling in little details.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really glad your mother is reading and critiquing your work! My mother wants to read my UF, but I am ascared of what she might think. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
cool.

I need to get writing. Just going to force the words out and hopefully they stick.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am forcing words out. At the moment, Stephan is telling us about a weird dream.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really glad your mother is reading and critiquing your work! My mother wants to read my UF, but I am ascared of what she might think. :tongue

I used to be terrified of what she might think when i was younger, but then I stopped caring as time wore on. In all reality i express my feelings and thoughts more honestly in my writing then in real life so maybe she could actually learn a little something about me.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I am forcing words out. At the moment, Stephan is telling us about a weird dream.

Awww sorry.

Yeah right now Evy and Matty are recalling some memories of childhood and family, while they are stuck on a boat rowing across the Lake of Ladies.

(the parasitic "mermaids" are going to attack soon)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's kinda fun actually.

As much as I love the idea of coming into Starbucks to write all the time, I don't think I could afford it.

Writing again soon!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I actually think i'm going to go to bed and try and write tomorrow. Night!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
My mother and I are pretty close, so I don't want to make things awkward. She's not much of an urban fantasy reader and I think it would sting if she wasn't too keen on the product of 4+ years' hard work. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
2.6K! :D I will hit 3K and the end of this chapter in the next session, but I need to replot the next chapter, so I'm going to do that after the next AVPM video.

ETA: 3.2K and I'm on Chapter Two! Yay! :D

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey y'all!

It's been ages since I've last posted. I've been so focused on other things that I forgot about TWFT.

How is everyone doing??

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Karla! I'm good thanks. Finished my masters degree, now applying for jobs. How about you? How's the writing?

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome, Para!

And the writing is going well. I'd been floundering trying to figure out what to work on the past 2 months. I couldn't seem to choose between revising CMRH, writing Always With Me or Tattoo Love. But then I got a SNI about a girl Robin Hood (steals from rich bad guys and donates their money to charities) and a boy she loves/wants to do the same thing as her, so she trains him. And I've gotten a couple signs it's the right novel for me. Research/planning is going well, and I'm getting somewhere with the writing. So far it's at 2.2K on paper (I'm writing by hand and counting words as I go), which isn't a whole lot, but it's more in about 10 days than what I've been managing the past two months writing hardly anything. I'm so excited for it!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at home now. I didn't hit 5K (I currently have 3.3K) but I didn't feel too good so I left so I could get a paracetemol. I'm hoping to hit between 4.5K - 7.5K before I go to bed, but I'll be alternating between my short story and this, and I'll be doing other coursework later, so I'll see how I go.

I will definitely be writing in Starbucks again.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, HR! How's it going?

I am definitely not a short story writer.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I just hit 1.1K words written so far today. YAY! I'm at 2.5K, and I'm hoping to keep my momentum! I'm so glad I have my writing mojo back! It's been nonexistent the last couple of months :D

Status
Not open for further replies.