SepNoWriMo!

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting WIP #4. I had planned to leave it on hold until I finished WIPs #1 and #2, but I'm not making much progress on those at the moment and I need something to work on while ideas are percolating.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Edited through chapter 6. Chapter 7 is 70~ pages of mess.

I'm already dreading it. I've told myself I can do it in four sittings, the paper copy in two halves, and then the file in two halves... Still not looking forward to it.

Chompers, I cannot imagine working on 4 WIPs at once.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Feeling not sick today!

I planned to spend all day getting the house cleaned up and getting ready for school tomorrow, but I was done before 11 this morning. Which is rather uncharacteristic of me.

But, hey, it gave me time to do some productive (and some not-so-productive) things. :tongue

Also, I wrote a blog post. And I'm proud of myself for it.

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I read 10 (MG) books in the last five hours.

Time for bed, I think... After all, I have school tomorrow. ;)

~Amber~

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Missed the football games this weekend and it was a terrible week to miss! :( :( :(

College team blew out the other 56-0. It felt even better that it was the rival team.

Pro team won too, although my fave quarterback is on the opposing team. But I'm loving that my team is doing well this season.

Sorry, not writing related, but I just had to gloat. I did get some writing done, though. :)

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, not writing related, but I just had to gloat. I did get some writing done, though. :)

Saints fan. I wish I'd missed this one. :Shrug:

Late games mean I'm so much more useful on the weekends though.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, Cowboys fan here. Heehee. But I love Drew Brees. <3

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just impatient! ;) I was wondering whether to bump last year's OctNoWriMo thread or start a new one.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Generally we just start a new thread just because it's easier to keep track of who's here and what accomplishments were NOT from 12 months ago. :tongue

If you'd like to be the one to start the OctNoWriMo 2014 thread, you're welcome to do so. We'll all start migrating over to it in a day or two. :D

~Amber~

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, a new thread each month is nice. I start a new page of my writing spreadsheet as well. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
My goals:

1. I only have 3 assignments to do this month, but I'd like to also make progress on my literature review reading/note taking on top.
2. Do all the readings for Uni.
3. Mentally prepare myself for going interstate for my brother's wedding in early October.

1. Done, with extra done as well. 3 full assignments, several readings for the literature review AND 2 first drafts for 2 new assignments. :)
2. Done.
3. Fairly mentally prepared. I'm still kind of dreading it, but I'm not freaking out as much as I was at the start of this month.

So, I'm going to call this month a win. :D Still got today to go, before the month is over, and I'm hoping to get a bit more done for the literature review.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Spent part of the day on the road to the third and final part of my little vacay - this time to Cape Hatteras, in North Carolina's Outer Banks, where I splurged on an oceanfront room in a mom-and-pop motel right on the water (and I DO mean right on the water - the surf is breaking a mere thirty feet from the rear of the my building). I got in around 3 PM, unpacked the car, made a few phone calls letting people know I'd arrived, then took a nice walk on the beach. It wasn't until nearly 6 PM that I pulled up the manuscript and started working again, with the waves crashing outside as my musical accompaniment. I could get used to this.

Current WIP word count: 75,311 (goal: 76,764)
Books read: 2.5 out of 4
Blog posts: 2 out of 2 (DONE)

Up to page 541 in the Huston biography. I don't know if I'm going to make my reading goal (I almost feel like giving myself credit for two books if I can finish the Huston whopper), but I'm damn sure going to try to make my writing goal. I finally finished up the troublesome section (and feel it'll probably get shaved considerably in rewrites) and am moving into the next scene, which has more action. I'm hopeful that if the beach doesn't beckon too strongly, I'll have it done by midnight of tomorrow.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Decided to take today off homework, and instead I've just backed up / transferred all relevant files from desktop to laptop, so I can actually do the homework while I'm away.

Also did a Windows Update on the laptop when it booted up, updated 2 programs (Flash and antivirus), and am now downloading more Windows Updates. Yeah, it's been a long time since I used the laptop... About 2.5 months, I'd guess. And this laptop doesn't hold its charge fully, so I was down to 50% battery life, so I'm also letting that charge back up to 100%.

After this, I have the very fun task of packing...

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Was this a trick question? :tongue

That was just my thought when I read the question.

I'm hopeful that if the beach doesn't beckon too strongly, I'll have it done by midnight of tomorrow.

Get there! C'mon, you can totally make it.

For my month goals, it seems like I'd set "Finish the WIP" as mine... Which I accomplished a week into the month. I would have liked to complete the edit as well, but I suppose I can leave that a week into next month. After that, the scary goals start coming along.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I have the day off today, so I'm going to write today and try to get as much as I can toward finishing WIP #2. I've been stuck on the motivation for the FMC. Last night I finally drew out a chart kind of thing so that I could visually see the plot, the motivations, and conflicts and see the connections. The answer came to me much quicker. I think I shall do this for all future projects too. It also ensures that I've covered all bases.

I also worked on the plot for WIP #1 using this chart thing, because even though I had a plot already, it wasn't unique enough in my opinion. So I input all the motivations and conflicts to see if a better plot would reveal itself to me. It did, but I'm going to ponder on it some more later to see if it's unique enough.

So last night was very productive, even if I didn't do any actual writing. But I should be able to get a lot done today, since I have more direction now.

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With three hours left in September, I heaved myself up and over my WIP goal for the month.

Current WIP word count: 76,942 (goal: 76,764) (DONE)
Books read: 2.5 out of 4
Blog posts: 2 out of 2 (DONE)

I have about 115 pages left to read in the Huston book; it may or may not get finished tonight before I go to bed.

As a reward for finishing two out of my three goals, I'm gonna go have a little moonlight stroll on the beach. And I may actually give myself the day off tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I was bad today. Did not sit down to write yet. :p

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Final progress report for September :)

Goals for September:

*Write 15k of something More like 3k + some heavy paper edits that I spent a lot of time on
*Write at least half a blog post (since mine from last month is still at the halfway mark... One and a half or two and a half would be preferred...) Check... Kind of. I made two, but I didn't finish the half! >.>
*Read at least 5 books 14/5! :D
*Complete at least 5 of my DayZero goals 3/5
*Remember to finish buying my textbooks for fall term since classes start up again on the 29th Kind of! I still have to get 3 to 5 that haven't come in yet, but I've got all the others :)
*Get a job. Or at least keep looking for one. One of the two. Got the job! :D

Not bad. Not a perfect month, but not bad.

:)

~Amber~