• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Betas for a horror novelette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
So I just finished my most recent piece, a horror novelette titled 'Cenote', coming in at just under 9,000 words.

It's a bit long for the SYW board, so I'm checking here for some beta readers willing to give it a read and let me know what they think.

I guess just leave a post here or send me a message if you're interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
No real query as of yet, the basis though starts out as a tourist girl on vacation in Mexico is off having a fling with a local dive guide. On a private excursion, they find an unmarked cenote` or 'blue hole'.

Things just go down from there. :D

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
For starters, any good beta reader will nail you on the difference between Beta's (in your thread title), which means possessive, and betas, which would be the proper plural.

caw

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I'll check out your horror novelette. It's my favorite genre to read. I typically don't do a LBL grammar correction; however, I will let you know if the horror aspect works or not.

Send it to me via PM.

authorMAF

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authormaf.com
No real query as of yet, the basis though starts out as a tourist girl on vacation in Mexico is off having a fling with a local dive guide. On a private excursion, they find an unmarked cenote` or 'blue hole'.

Things just go down from there. :D

at 9K words I should have time enough :)

You can PM me for my email address - I can't do grammar though, since English isn't my first language and don't trust myself enough to even try ;) but I'll critique the flow, characters, and storyline :)

AgathaChristieFan

proud writer
Registered
Reaction score
Hey ShaunHorton if you're still looking for betas, I would love to read your horror story. My email is author.yawatta.hosby(AT)aol(DOT)com. I'd mostly give feedback as a reader, like what was scary about the scene, how I feel about the characters, etc. I do better with commenting on story elements more than grammar.

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested - are you looking for feedback on overall story or a LBL critique?

Status
Not open for further replies.