NFL 2014 season

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
What was it? I'm unaware.

Nothing horrific, just sort of classless...LaGarrette Blount rode on his float sporting a shirt that said "B**ch Mode 24" in Seahawk colors for some unknown reason. Why another running back would do that is beyond me. There were other small instances of Seahawk bashing--which many say we deserve, and maybe we do. I just can't imagine focusing on that at the victory parade, but I'm told that's just the way Boston loves to do it, no matter the sport. If that's the prevailing culture, who'm I to say they shouldn't enjoy it that way. :Shrug:

I'm sure Lynch will handle Blount in his inimitable way.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a heated rivalry between Boston and New York fans, and it isn't always nice. But I'm not sure Boston teams have a tradition of being poor winners - I don't remember any precedent for it. (Cue counterexample in: 5... 4... 3... 2...)

After the 2013 World Series win, the Red Sox took out a full-page ad in the St Louis Post-Dispatch thanking the Cardinals for a great Series.

FWIW, I thought the Bitch Mode t-shirt was pretty poor form, and why he had a go at Lynch is a mystery.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing horrific, just sort of classless...LaGarrette Blount rode on his float sporting a shirt that said "B**ch Mode 24" in Seahawk colors for some unknown reason. Why another running back would do that is beyond me. There were other small instances of Seahawk bashing--which many say we deserve, and maybe we do. I just can't imagine focusing on that at the victory parade, but I'm told that's just the way Boston loves to do it, no matter the sport. If that's the prevailing culture, who'm I to say they shouldn't enjoy it that way. :Shrug:

I'm sure Lynch will handle Blount in his inimitable way.

Yeah, I don't like that stuff either. The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. Anything more from Carroll or anyone? What's the prevailing feeling in Seattle about that call?

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Yeah, I don't like that stuff either. The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. Anything more from Carroll or anyone? What's the prevailing feeling in Seattle about that call?

Carroll has been very impressive all week. He's talked a lot, hasn't hidden from anyone. He has insisted it was his call over and over, and when he explains it, I completely understand the logic of it. We had to have 1 pass play in the 3 to stop the clock in there somewhere and that particular play is a high-percentage play. The trouble is the WRs didn't execute. (my words, not Pete's) Especially the ones off the ball. If Kearse wouldn't have been jacked up by Browner, he'd have led Butler deeper into the endzone. *sigh*

In general, Seattle fans are in various stages of shock and disbelief, most want Bevel's head and universally there is a feeling the sports-pain of that moment will never, never go away. It's right there with the day they took the Sonics. Only that will get better when we get a team back. This one can never be cured. It CAN however, be scabbed over if we see the Pats in the SB next year and have a better outcome. :D

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In general, Seattle fans are in various stages of shock and disbelief, most want Bevel's head and universally there is a feeling the sports-pain of that moment will never, never go away. It's right there with the day they took the Sonics. Only that will get better when we get a team back. This one can never be cured. It CAN however, be scabbed over if we see the Pats in the SB next year and have a better outcome. :D

If I may, I think it that if that rematch scenario could play out (entirely possible; a Super Bowl rematch is not unprecedented, the Pats' weak division gives them a short line to title contention in any given year, and Seattle is already the Vegas favorite for the 2015 season) it can be better than scabbed over. Maybe not quite cured, but very, very close.

I say this because I live in San Antonio, where the NBA's Spurs had a very similar situation going on two years ago. Gut-wrenching, heart-breaking loss of a championship everyone under the sun thought they had in the bag. Then the next year they met the same team in the Championship again and mopped the floor with them, and suddenly all was well. I'm not even a Spurs fan, but I admire the hell out of the team, and I'm surrounded by / befriended by Spurs fans aplenty. They were all tortured by the loss to Miami two years ago, and were all hoping to see Miami again in the Finals last year. Getting their revenge last year--especially in such dominant fashion--has made it almost as if that crushing Game 6 loss never happened.

So Seattle fans can have some hope of getting over this one, particularly if they win a rematch against the Pats in convincing fashion.

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
So Seattle fans can have some hope of getting over this one, particularly if they win a rematch against the Pats in convincing fashion.

See, this is why I'm a rabid sport fan. In the end, no matter how bad it feels at a particular moment, optimism always leaks in the cracks and crevices.

I've been a Mariner fan since I moved to Seattle in 1982. I mean, c'mon...the MARINERS. But every year at spring training there's hope, even in the face of all evidence pointing to them ending up in the cellar again. Not THIS year though! (And I mean I say that every year, even though it's more likely to be true this year.)

4 of 5 of the main Legion of Boom members are seriously injured, 3 are having surgery, one with the most wicked-looking broken arm I've ever seen. The 6th will very likely be gone to free agency. Yet I haven't heard one fan worry that we won't be hale and hearty by the time training camp opens. Hope springs eternal, indeed! :)

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Still an obviously successful season for the Seahawks. I'm usually not the best at picking these things, but all year long, to me they seemed like the two teams most likely to end up in Arizona. I don't like the call then or now, but I like Carroll and i like the team. No doubt they'll be back next year.