Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a maybe definite and the mention of twiglets is selling it to me. Would it be daytime or evening?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a definitely maybe as well. Finances have gone to shit so... if I can get a train ticket cheap enough when I get paid 4 days before, I'll come. But it's not looking too good at the moment.

Last edited:

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'm a maybe definite and the mention of twiglets is selling it to me. Would it be daytime or evening?

I think the plan is to meet at noon. We'd have to get a train home at about 530, but I don't know what others have planned.

I'm a definitely maybe as well. Finances have gone to shit so... if I can get a train ticket cheap enough when I get paid 4 days before, I'll come. But it's not looking to good at the moment.

Boo. Trains are a pain in the bum with how often the prices change. If I book mine without a travelcard, it costs more than a bog standard return. :Shrug:

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Groovy. I may drag hubby along and park him in the Science Museum for the afternoon and use it as an excuse for an evening out.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Cool all round. I'll book train tickets tomorrow. I'm bringing Mrs seun. Tell her what a witty, charming and valuable member of our group I am.

Basically, bullshit like estate agents

You mean tell her that you are a detached semi in need of modernisation, with a two car stable and a large garden with various hanging bits that need tidying up? Would she believe us?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Lying is against my religion. But I'll go with it if you tell everyone I am completely sane and sober.

You mean tell her that you are a detached semi in need of modernisation, with a two car stable and a large garden with various hanging bits that need tidying up? Would she believe us?

Reason 1 and 2 why I love this site.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I suspect she'd want to know how we know about his hanging bits.

erm . . . he is male . . . don't they all have hanging bits?

Out take: her is male...

time for bed said Zebedee. Boing...

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, but how do we know they need tidying up?

Also, I'm not giving seun any kind of wax....

Men always need tidying up. If you don't want to use wax I could bring my garden shears. Or the secateurs...

is that how sheers are spelt?

I'm going to bed . . . been a long day.

Last edited:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to pretend I've not seen the conversation about seun's hairy nuts...

I have confirmed the venue - the George on the Strand - at the time of 12pm. For those of you that don't know it, it's opposite the Royal Courts of Justice.

We are in the function room upstairs. Generally they forget all about us and we have to ask them to turn lights on, etc, and rearrange the chairs because they're set up for the comedy night, but at least the venue is free. And hopefully by 27 April the weather will be pleasant so we won't all be shivering with the no heating thing.

They will be kicking us out at 5pm to set up for the comedy night.

Unfortunately it's unlikely I'm going to be able to make it now. Been trying for months to pin down holiday dates between my own work commitments and all the time Hubby has to spend in the US this year. It's looking likely that I'll be flying out somewhere on 27 April.

However, if this plan all goes pear shaped and we fail once more to confirm holiday dates, at least I've got this meet to look forward to.

Shara

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm plotting to come along and meet some AWers on the 27th. :) My talking-to-other-human-beings skills are a bit rusty though...

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
human beings? You're an optimist! :snoopy:

I wouldn't worry about it - Seun just knows what you're thinking by looking at you and moving his hands around. :D

He calls it phrenology- I just say he doesn't get enough...

Would love to attend but it's totally impractical from up here on the edge of civilisation...:flag:

I'm plotting to come along and meet some AWers on the 27th. :) My talking-to-other-human-beings skills are a bit rusty though...

Last edited:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I'm still planning on being there. Finances willing. :D

With them bhunnez? *Does a runner, real quick like* :chair ;)

Nice to see the hairy nutters of AW are making a guest appearance too :e2cookie: :D

Wish I could get too, but I'm drowning in toddlers and tantrums this end.

Status
Not open for further replies.