DecNoKickButtMo anyone?

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
Meh, my goals are pretty simple.

Hammer away at my WIP / NaNoNovel. Earlier this week, I outlined the entire book, I want a rough draft done by the end of January (when I start school), and I'd like to outline the other two in the trilogy, as well.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I got steamrolled by that unpleasant little vixen named life in November. (-: I already started DeNoWriMo. I can get laid out by life, but fuck the little vixen...I can also get back up. So, December is the new Nanowrimo for this guy. (-:

The dude abides.

^^^This.

BTW, that rug really tied the room together.

Sign me up, Cliff.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, more people again!

Okay... So I've had breakfast and been for a walk, don't need anything from the shops today, so I imagine that I'll be getting some reading done soon. And I may actually try working on Friend's novel today, maybe. I don't want to be in a big rush before Christmas, and I also don't like the idea of having to wait another 9 days or so before I start in on it... It'll drive me crazy with impatience.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
My only goal for December is the same one I had for November, only less frantic: No red days. Meaning, my goal is to write something every day. Doesn't matter, as long as it's at least one word on one of my novels, or my new blog/business project.

I'm also going to get said blog/business project up and running this coming month, though probably not until next week.

Also, most very important goal: Go see a movie. No guesses as to which one, since there's only one movie coming out this month. :D

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I did a lot of editing today, and I'm pretty happy with how things are turning out.

Based on some advice I saw on twitter, I uploaded my story onto my Kindle and I'm letting it read the story to me. So far it's been a big help. I can tell better when things don't sound right than if I was the one reading it out loud. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray for edits!

On my end, I finally read the next chapter of the textbook I'm reading. So I now have 2 more chapters and a conclusion to get through, and then it's DONE.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I wrote 4k words for a chapter book, "Drowning in Fear". It's been fun to write up till now! :)

I also edited the first chapter of my NaNoWriMo novel. Only 31 more chapters to go. :p

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
^^^This.

BTW, that rug really tied the room together.

Sign me up, Cliff.

It's a crying shame about that rug. There was NO need. No need whatsoever.

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
Eeeeh I've done a lot of editing. I edited around 20% of my manuscript which I find really odd because the writing isn't as awful as I remember it, so I go through the pages easily.

I'm torn between the "I wrote this thing five times already so of course it's not going to be bad" feeling and the "I'm probably not thinking straight" feeling.

But I'm kicking butt. I think.

Last edited:

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote 1000 words this morning, and some of them don't suck. :banana:

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score
I'll join. I got what I wanted out of NaNo -- finished the draft and worked out the ending, and now I want to go back and revise it. My official goal is 1,000 words a day (which is lower than my usual goal, but this time around, I'm having to think more carefully about the words I'm putting down).

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go everyone! :D

Not sure what I'll get done today. Yesterday I did do something towards one of my "random" goals, that I forgot to mention. It's kind of childish... I wanted to learn how to say "Fuck" in 10 languages. So yesterday I found a website that translates swearing into different languages, and copy-pasted the relevant entries. I had about 15 languages and was only up to C, but that'll do for now.

(Yes, I'm strange.)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

Better make sure you have a pronunciation guide too, you might end up saying something you don't really mean. :D

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go everyone! :D

Not sure what I'll get done today. Yesterday I did do something towards one of my "random" goals, that I forgot to mention. It's kind of childish... I wanted to learn how to say "Fuck" in 10 languages. So yesterday I found a website that translates swearing into different languages, and copy-pasted the relevant entries. I had about 15 languages and was only up to C, but that'll do for now.

(Yes, I'm strange.)

It's always good to work on marketable skills ;)

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
I've worked through the first 20% of my NaNo novel (I finished early, so it's already had a couple weeks sitting) and am actually kind of impressed with how NOT terrible it is!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray!

I've read more of that textbook. I now have 15 pages left to go, but I needed a break pretty badly. My eyes were starting to glaze over.

Before that, I spent an hour taking photos for junk I want to sell online. That hour's worth of photos will amount to... 2 adverts. *faceplant*

Basically, it was 10 minutes pulling out 15 box sets of Buffy and Angel VHSes from a big box, arranging them, and taking a couple of photos. Then 50 minutes of taking about 10 photos of various parts of a board game...

The board game, well, it wouldn't be adequate to just photograph the box, because it's a Warhammer board game (Blood Bowl). So I needed to photo the miniatures (3 different "teams"), the technical stuff (team roster sheets, counters), the rule cards (various kinds that are sort of quick reference sheets), the board itself and the templates that are usable in the game, and dice. ZOMG!

The annoying part is that I seem to have misplaced the actual, y'know, RULEBOOK. *sigh* So the part that a buyer would absolutely need to know how to play the game is, apparently, gone.

May not be able to sell that after all... Will have to look into how easy it is for a buyer to get a replacement rulebook.

So yes, I've been doing things. The photos count towards my "random" goal for the day.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Finished reading that textbook. Woo! So that's 1/4 books for the month read. Though admittedly, I'd read probably 2/3 of it before the month began.

I also implemented my TBR Jar for the first time. Basically, I was watching a youtube video where the user had written on small slips on paper the titles of a selection of her TBR pile, puts them in a jar, and then she draws out a certain number each month to read from. So I converted this slightly, in that I put in 12 book titles, but instead of drawing out several to read this month, I'll draw one out every time I finish a book.

I pulled out a book I hadn't actually planned on reading particularly... It's one of those books I keep telling myself I *should* read, but never feel in the mood for (horror). So yeah... Starting tomorrow I'll be reading that.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't been getting much writing done (I think I'm suffering from NaNo lag) but I did start reading a new book. I made a pledge several months ago to try and read more self-published books (particularly those written by AW members). The one I'm reading now is interesting and well-written, but it's spec fic without a clear through line and I'm having a little trouble following the various plots. I'm expecting it to begin making sense soon, but it's slow going right now.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I already accomplished quite a few things, so a good start of the month for me!

- wrote 6k in "Drowning in Fear", the fourth chapter book in the Weirdville series. Total will be about 12-15k words.
- edited 5 chapters of my NaNoWriMo novel. Total number of chapters is 32, so still a long way to go, but I'm getting there.

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go!

I found out last night that you simply can't buy the Blood Bowl rulebook separately, only with the main game box set... Which means that it's highly unlikely I'll be able to sell my copy. *sigh* I could still sell the miniatures, however, so I need to decide if I want to do that or not.

Having a lazy morning so far, so not got anything done.

Greene

Registered
Reaction score
Late to the party, but I'm totally in for this!

My goal for December is simple: finish my NaNo novel. I made it to 55k in November, but it is still probably 20k from being done. I want to have it finished by the end of the year. Should be easy enough.

As soon as January rolls around, I'll have to start revising my first completed novel, which I somehow managed to finish while also doing NaNo. I'm letting it marinate right now and trying to temporarily forget it exists. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go!

I've been figuring out my enrolment for next year at Uni. I've chosen the classes I want to do, but honestly can't be stuffed doing the tedious enrolment right this minute. But hey, I've chosen my classes at least! Baby steps...

Haven't begun reading the next book yet. I think what I need to do right now is work on cropping some photos for eventual sale ads. Again, baby steps... I've had this pile of "Sell this stuff" for nearly 3 weeks now, and still haven't posted any ads.

is friday

ermehgerd
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcstrout.blogspot.com
My goal is to write 3 scenes per month, which equates to roughly 10k a month. That'll put my first draft in the doneskies pile by next December. :)