amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I got my reject about 2am my time, at position 63.
This is well written and I enjoyed reading it, but overall I felt like I could see where it was going and it didn't win me over.

Which has pretty much been par for the course on this short. :)

Also, the invite to submit again. Which, if I have something the next time he's open, I will.

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
It's been a slow week, but I'm finally under 300. As of now, 290 in the queue.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
:Hug2: Filigree and QoS

Ginger, according to an editor in my crit group, that's a good sign! Means you're probably being held for further review. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Here's hoping for good luck, Ginger! I'm not too put out: this was an extreme long shot, and I have other markets in mind. I just have to go through my submissions list and make sure I don't send the story to markets that rejected previous versions.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
:Hug2: Filigree and QoS

Ginger, according to an editor in my crit group, that's a good sign! Means you're probably being held for further review. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

And now I'm at 49. So, still in the running? Thanks!

Here's hoping for good luck, Ginger! I'm not too put out: this was an extreme long shot, and I have other markets in mind. I just have to go through my submissions list and make sure I don't send the story to markets that rejected previous versions.

I'm not holding my breath either, but there is a blessing/curse in being able to see where one is. That so many rejections people are reporting are personal rejections is pretty cool, in my opinion. Still R's, but we know how that goes....

Before my recordkeeping was better, I accidentally resubbed some stories (after edits). Form rejections each time anyway, so I'm not sure anybody noticed.

Kaitlin Brianna

Registered
Reaction score
Just discovered this thread, exactly what my obsessive mind needs!

I've been holding tight for quite a while in the 40's. I also have been assuming it's for a 2nd read. Every time I check I don't know whether to be frustrated or relieved that the number still hasn't moved. :Huh:

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
If Charlie uses the same approach as last time, he'll read through all the subs first, setting aside a number for second reads. Then he'll winnow that smaller pile down to the 15 or so he can buy. I did read on his Twitter that he's aiming to be completely done by the end of the month.

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
And I'm out. He said it was beautifully written but he didn't know enough about the central character to connect with it (story was a fantasy based around the childhood of Russian mathematician Sofia Kovalevskaya).

Oh well. Always next time.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Got my rejection last night (Flash fiction is subjective...). I was near the end of the queue, so if you don't have a response yet, your story's probably being seriously considered.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I got mine a few days ago. :( However it was a very nice rejection with the request to submit something again soon.

Good luck to those who haven't had a response yet.

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
Where are you all getting this information on what # you are and all that?

I'm afraid I deleted my rejection clearing out my spam box or something because I haven't heard anything after I submitted.

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
Well I got a very kind and very long rejection today :) I probably shouldn't be so happy, but Mr. Finlay liked the story- not enough to accept it, but I'm really glad to get such a personal rejection from such a prestigious magazine.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
Huh...I really thought I updated this yesterday/last night. Guess the Interweb ate it.

I got my rejection yesterday evening, personalized and quite nice. I'll definitely submit again, and figure out where else to send this story.