Not open for further replies.

ProsperitySue

All is well @>----
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deliberatecreating.blogspot.com
Inspiring stories about dogs wanted, $10 payment

My friend, John Cali, is asking for submissions of stories about dogs. He is paying $10, if accepted, for Chicken Soup style stories about "ordinary dogs doing extraordinary things." He is asking for non-exclusive rights so you would be free to use the story in other markets.

John is an animal lover and is planning a series of books about animals. The guidelines are detailed, but if you have any questions, be sure to email him. You'll find him a knowledgeable and caring person to work with.

Here's John's information:

WANTED: DOG TALES.
I'm looking for uplifting, inspiring stories of our canine companions -- powerful, true stories demonstrating the love and loyalty they give us so unconditionally.

Submission guidelines:
http://www.greatwesternpublishing.org/dogs/doguides1.html

Questions? Email me:
John Cali, [email protected]

ViatMortege

Registered
Reaction score
Hard.

Man, those Smithy's are picky about their articles, aren't they?

Yinyin

i really like here

i am a new friend. My friends introduce this forum to me. That's great.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was browsing one of the news directories the other day when I stumbled upon Imagine magazine. I had never before heard of them but their website looks great and they sound professional in their writers guidelines. Veteran writers should definitely give it a try and share their experience with others in here. The magazine seems to be a customer of "selp-help" articles.

Imagine magazine homepage

Imagine writers guidelines

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Joanne, anytime.

How about creating a categorised listing? Woudn't that be more helpful than an alphabetical one?

If you do decide on that, I can help you for sure!

P.S. http://www.writerscrossing.com/ is not working. I guess Mridu has shut that site down. She told that on one of her blog entries.

Last edited:

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Spider,
It took hours to research and compose the existing list. I don't know if a categorized list would be more helpful or make a difference. Some people still don't bother to use the search function on the boards and haven't taken time to research existing threads. That's why there's so many repeat questions and threads in the "Popular Discussions and Helpful Sites" resource thread.

Not to be rude or unappreciative of your offer, but there is a certain amount of research writers should expect to do for themselves.

Last edited:

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Family Energy update

This market is no longer being published. I contacted the editor today just to be sure before posting.

Too bad; it was a great magazine.

awatkins said:
Contact info, editorial focus/mission statement, and writer's guidelines posted onsite. This is a bi-monthly print publication. Nice folks to write for.

Last edited:

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Aww,sad. They were a good magazine.

However, their site is running still. It doesn't really appear that they have ceased publication.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hi SpiderGal,

I exchanged several e-mails with the publisher/editor-in-chief late yesterday and yes, they have ceased publication. I was one of the first writers hired when the magazine was in development and really hated to see it fold. Don't know when or if the website will be changed.

~Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.