Dejection-land

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I got two rejections last week and one today. Also, today I found out I didn't get the job I interviewed for last Friday. I'm feeling pretty down now; like nobody wants me.

I'm going into the corner to suck my thumb for the rest of the evening. Carry on. Chat amongst yourselves.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
No no no no! That is not the way to wallow! Where's the chocolate? The ice cream? The alcohol? The favourite DVD playing on the tv? My dear the corner is cold and uncomfortable, come to the sofa, have some indulgences.

And then tomorrow, start the whole darn thing over again! Remember rejections only mean you are a real writer now! (sorry about the job, it sucks I know when all aspects of your life feel like they are going the wrong direction, but in the same way suddenly you'll find everything going right. It will happen, I promise :) )

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry sweet Caro..keep trying.
hugs kimmi

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Caro - Condolences. You're a good writer; it will come. But, question: I see in the bottom of your screen that your first novel (which I presume is what got the rejections) is 52,000 words. Is that the case? If so, that may be a large part of the problem. From what I understand you've got to get into the 80-100K range to even have a prayer on a first novel (and I'm presuming it is a first novel). If that is the case, I'd suggest pulling out the old keyboard and seeing what you can do to beef the length up without degrading the quality and the story. At least it's a thought. You'll get there. I have a lot of confidence in your ability. Puma

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Keep working at it, Caro! Take a virtual hammer
mallet.gif
and smash a virtual mailbox
mailbox.gif
and then eat some REAL chocolate
cookie.gif

I'm pulling for you!

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CaroGirl, be proud of your rejections. It means you've accomplished something and you've got the jam to send it out. I've got rejections by the hundreds.
Toothpaste is right. It means you're a real writer now.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. I feel a little less dejected today. I've even managed to write a few hundred words. Time to stop feeling sorry for myself and git back at 'er!

Take care to all!!

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Keep in mind, however, that it's very difficult to keep a laptop steady on a horses mane.

Status
Not open for further replies.