Status
Not open for further replies.

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
WTH? I know.

But there's still Little Debbie, right? RIGHT? :e2cry:

Yes, and. This summer, at the world's largest annual gathering of mustangs, during the rally the Little Debbie truck failed to stop on an I-90 exit and destroyed an ultra rare 2004 mystic Cobra coupe. The total production of mystic Cobra coupes in 2004 was 515. I had to dodge detritus on the exit. I cried a little. I cannot ever buy Little Debbie, or as I call them now Little Bastard. Little Bastard can suck it.

*looks for emoticon with a middle finger for Little Bastard*

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, taken out by a Little Debbie truck...what a way to go. RIP mystic Cobra coupe.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, yes she will be. :D

Anyone notice that I'm a freakin' turkey?!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Is that a scary AHHH or a cute AHHH or a I'm hungry AHHH?:D

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on. Was the turkey-dragon inflicted on you, night? I thought you were just getting in the spirit of the season!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on. Was the turkey-dragon inflicted on you, night? I thought you were just getting in the spirit of the season!

Yes...inflicted is the right term. When have I ever been something other than a dragon?

oh right, when I was a bunny, Barney, a my little pony, strawberry shortcake...etc. and that was just in one night. :O But not my doing, I was inflicted.

I must say that the turkey looks good compared to those, though. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
yes, there is that. Though I may have to hide come Thanksgiving. :scared: I can see the hounds getting out the sporks now.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
We have sporks?

Huh.

Incidentally, I've completely forgotten what I named the Current Event teacher in my YA dark fantasy, so I've been calling her "Mrs. Current Events" instead of scrolling back to figure it out. Seemed like a thing to do for the first draft.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me, however, I must say...this is where notes come in handy. :D But you can always find and replace later.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
<eyes NF's avvie and starts pulling knives from underneath bar>

Now, where's that cleaver and trash can?

On a good note (another one) my company gave us all frozen Butterball turkeys today. Mine, which wasn't the largest, is something on the order of 15-lbs. I'm going to have turkey for weeks, it appears.

Wednesday I will be obtaining the ingredients for an oyster/mushroom/garlic/onion/walnut stuffing, fried sweet potatoes, regular mashed potatoes and gravy, a red wine/Grand Marnie basted turkey, a mushroom/chicken liver gravy, a tossed green salad with a raspberry vinegarette and hazel nut dressing, mini-blueberry, cherry, and strawberry pies, Death By Chocolate or Rocky Road ice cream, and just to top things off, a chocolate/blueberry cheese cake. Of course, hard apple cider will be consumed on the side along with a glass of decent red wine (a Sangria) with extra sharp cheddar cheese as an hors d'erves.

Following this (not all of which will be consumed in one sitting, of course), Greg will be curling up in a food coma for the rest of my 4-day weekend.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
So, see there you already have a turkey, Greg, just thaw and cook it. No need to go through the trouble of catching another one and *gulp* wringing its neck and plucking it. Nope, no need at all.

and dang you're making me hungry! That sounds great, Greg, and a lot. :O A coma is right.

My work didn't give us anything, they said screw you little minions and your families. You be here in the morning with a smile on your face on Thanksgiving Day and work or we'll can your asses. Happy Thanksgiving.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I may add a homemade chicken liver/roasted garlic patte to the whole mess, NF.

And who said I was going wring the turkey's neck? <runs thumb along edge of knife> three guesses what the trash can's for...

:)

On a side note - Walmart used to force everyone to work Thanksgiving Day and the day after and dept Mgr's had to go in at 3am and be prepared to work a 16-hr day. I hated Black Friday, the throngs of denizens of the 4th circle of Hell it drew, and the asst Mgr's who fluttered around panicking over every little thing that looked like it might be going wrong or have the potential to go wrong.

When I worked security Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday could always be counted on to be quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.