• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Janklow & Nesbit Associates

AndrewG

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Stephanie Koven? I know she reps fiction and non-fiction but I don't know any other specifics.

-Andrew

brgray19

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked previously, but does anyone know what Rebecca Gradinger reps? I've seen that she does literary and commercial fiction, but nothing specific. I have YA light fantasy and wasn't sure whether to send it.

brgray19

Registered
Reaction score
Me again--someone on another site answered my question. For anyone interested, Rebecca reps YA but is not interested in seeing fantasy and sci-fi. :)

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
So I saw this in Publisher's Lunch today:

"Rebecca Gradinger has left Janklow & Nesbit Associates and launched Finchley Road Literary, a boutique agency specializing in literary fiction, up-market commercial fiction, narrative non-fiction, memoir, humor and pop culture."

Anybody know how to contact this agent now?

sjordan230

Registered
Reaction score
I want to send a query to Luke Janklow, but haven't been able to find his submission requirements anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TheRightEyedDeer

the land of black flies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
therighteyeddeer.weebly.com
My husband's just subbed something to Luke. The agency web site has very little information but there's a bit more detail here:
http://www.wordhustler.com/agents/1/4427/Janklow---Nesbit-Associates

Hubby sent a cover letter, synopsis and the first three chapters.

P.S. T'other half says: "You must put a postscript at the bottom of your cover letter stating -- 'Please accept Doug Pugh's manuscript before you accept mine.'" :)

Last edited:

sjordan230

Registered
Reaction score
Luck to your husband as well, Deer.

The book is actually my son's. Since he's busy with college, I am his editor/business manager at the moment.

christinalbarr

Registered
Reaction score
How do I get in contact with agents from Janklow & Nesbit Associates? Their website doesn't say anything but the address.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How do I get in contact with agents from Janklow & Nesbit Associates? Their website doesn't say anything but the address.

That's because they want you to mail your query to that address. Just address it to the specific agent you wish to query.

christinalbarr

Registered
Reaction score
But I don't even know any of the agents names or who would be good for young adult fiction.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Queried Luke Janklow 5/11 via snail mail. Received boilerplate rejection letter 5/23 saying he can't take on new clients except if somebody's writing really lights his fire (to paraphrase).

misselainie

Testing 1 - 2. Testing.
Registered
Reaction score
Tina Bennett @ Janklow & Nesbit

Hi Y'all.

Does anybody know how Tina Bennett feels about e-queries? 1000LiteraryAgents.com gives her e-mail address but submission guidelines just say query w/ SASE. I'd rather e-query if she's okay with it, but I don't want to burn that bridge if she's not.

Also, has anybody had any personal experience with her? She sound like a dream agent.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Last edited:

kat30

Registered
Reaction score
Dan Gilmore at Janklow?

Has anyone ever heard of Dan Gilmore at Janklow & Nesbit Associates?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
There's trace of both an editor and a marketing agent named Dan Gilmore, but no literary agent. Where did you find him listed?

a. climacus

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Pretty stoked to have gotten a full request from PJ Mark off a snail query. Took about a month.

simplyaven

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! :) I am querying via e-mail but have to find out who's the right person and their wensite makes me happy with its elegant simplicity! LOL

a. climacus

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! That's a generous turn of phrase.