Five things you don't understand?

JLBrady

up to no good
Registered
Reaction score
Why humanity has killed off lots of species for no reason, but hasn't eradicated [*long line of censored words*] mosquitoes.

*itches*

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Health insurance companies that randomly decide the ADHD medication you've been taking for a year is no longer authorized and then give you the alternative but give you a dosage equivalancy that is far too weak to do any good and you find yourself getting yelled at for being rude.

sneakysnail

I'm about to say something stupid
Registered
Reaction score
Just to the left of normal - and no! I'm not a boy
Goodie bags at kids birthday parties
For that matter kids birthday parties ... what ever happened to cake, a few presents and candles.
.... oops .... did I say that out loud. Cause everyone should spend $300.00 on a 5 year old's b-day party right?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
People who are rude to others in a thread that is supposed to be fun. :Shrug:
Ed's not being deliberately rude, I think. He just has a certain way of expressing himself at times that takes some getting used to.

I was wondering today why a car swerved through traffic, nearly causing an accident, then ended up in front of me and slowed to a crawl. The problem became obvious when I had a chance to pass the other driver: She was looking down at her lap, oblivious to her surroundings, while texting on her phone. She kept her head down for the longest time before peering up briefly to correct the path of her car.

Laws have been passed in every state of the Union to outlaw drunk driving, and with good reason. So why hasn't texting and driving been outlawed in every state as well? It's just as dangerous, if not worse. At least drunk drivers, in many cases, try to pay attention to the road, while most texters willfully lose track of their surroundings when sober but with the same deadly results.

JLBrady

up to no good
Registered
Reaction score
Why new mothers walk through the store I work at with their gigantic cadillac strollers and leave them parked right in the middle of a narrow aisle so that no one can get by.

Well, let me tell you. This giant storage cart of mine? The one loaded with three hundred pounds of Levis that needs to go down the aisle you've currently fortified with your hellspawn? I can take you.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Laws have been passed in every state of the Union to outlaw drunk driving, and with good reason. So why hasn't texting and driving been outlawed in every state as well?

Texting and driving has been outlawed where I live. I had assumed it was the same pretty much everywhere... Shows what I know.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. People who forget the remaining four things they don't understand when they post a response to a thread called FIVE things you don't understand?

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
Laws have been passed in every state of the Union to outlaw drunk driving, and with good reason. So why hasn't texting and driving been outlawed in every state as well? It's just as dangerous, if not worse. At least drunk drivers, in many cases, try to pay attention to the road, while most texters willfully lose track of their surroundings when sober but with the same deadly results.

Sort of in line with what Cliff Face said... In South Africa if you're caught on your phone while driving, traffic officers motion for you to pull over. They encourage you to roll down your window, take your phone from you and hand you a nice R500 fine. It's a recent thing that was on the news the other night. monsteR appreciates this, as I've long been annoyed with drivers who text or make phonecalls (in the absence of hand-free sets) while driving.

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret, I was on Facebook for a month and a half in 2010. During that time, I got inundated by friend requests from people I didn't know, but wanted my friendship, probably, so they could spy on/stalk me...who knows why. One girl inboxed me and insisted we meet in person, because she felt I understood why she had a nervous breakdown. I met up with her and she drained me emotionally for an afternoon. Another friend kept changing her status every hour. hour 1: I'm so hungry, hour 2: I'm really hungry, hour 3: I'm beginning to feel faint, etc. I'm sitting there getting constant updates via email and thinking: for the love of God, go eat something!

FB just isn't for me. There is way more to entice me here at the cooler. But you go ahead and enjoy FB :)

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
1. People who forget the remaining four things they don't understand when they post a response to a thread called FIVE things you don't understand?

Oh, I'm on about 18, just stopped numbering them. Honestly?

19. Almost all of it.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Why I always end up saying stupid things and offending people.

Why I always come back here thinking "this time it'll be different and I won't piss anyone off."
Why do you think we waste or spend all day here?
Maybe it's just me then. Sorry. Didn't mean to project my personality quirks onto others. Major fault of mine.
Shadow_Ferret, I was on Facebook for a month and a half in 2010. During that time, I got inundated by friend requests from people I didn't know...
Please don't take this the wrong way, but the problem seemed to be with you, not Facebook. I have my account set very strictly so not just anyone can look at my info. And I only accept friendships from people I know.

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way, but the problem seemed to be with you, not Facebook. I have my account set very strictly so not just anyone can look at my info. And I only accept friendships from people I know.

:Shrug: Maybe.

Still haven't felt a gnawing regret that I departed from it. Good for you though... turning your FB account into Fort Knox :D

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. Why people don't take care of their animals, especially when they don't have to have animals to start with.

2. Why my Peke is so bloody cute all the time.

3. Why I'm always so bloody hot, even when sitting next to the AC vent.

4. Why my cat loves to pop studs out of the furniture and not play with it.

5. Why Housemate's beagle is dumber than a stump.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Why everywhere else on the planet is having a heatwave but Britain is besieged by clouds and rain IN JULY!!! Clouds and rain that show no sign of letting up all month. Even bloody Canada is hot right now! Controlling entities, if this is about the Olympics, you are being massively unfair to those of us who don't give a flying fornication about sport!

GGGRRAAAH!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. Why people on bikes about to pass walkers say, "On your left!" too late for the walker to literally take a step to get over to one side.

2. Why @#$%^&*(s who walk their pets on recreational trails don't dispose of their poop as required by law.

3. Why the freakin' canal authority doesn't sweep up the glass from the vandalized cars in its parking lot, which covers about half the parking spaces. (I swear, I'm taking a push broom. If you want something done...)

4. Why no one but me is capable of putting new toilet paper on the spindle. Using up the Kleenex instead of getting out a fresh roll is not cool. Neither is setting the new roll on one edge of the sink.

5. People who begrudge me the change I find in the washer or dryer. I return bills.

Maryn, mystified by much

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh. I hate the "on your left!" thing because my natural reaction is to turn that way and look back to see what's up.

I don't understand people who pass your cube and say "hey, how's it going? How was your weekend?" but keep walking past not waiting for an answer. Why do they ask the questions then?

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
1 How I woke up in Maine this morning
2 Why I woke up in Maine this morning
3 What Maniacs do with all of their 'r's'
4.What the red marks on my wrists are
5.When did I start wearing dresses

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. Why we still have daylight savings time.
2. How the calendar on my phone was reset, losing all of my appointments.
3. Why I didn't sync my calendar prior to losing all the data.
4. How they came up with criss cross applesauce.
5. Electricity and magnetism