Do you fall in love with your hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
This thread makes me think of another question, which is, do any of you imagine yourself as your heroine? I'd think that would play a role in how deeply you might fall in love with the male lead.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
This thread makes me think of another question, which is, do any of you imagine yourself as your heroine? I'd think that would play a role in how deeply you might fall in love with the male lead.

I fall in love with all my characters :) Some of my stories I do imagine myself as the protagonist--not all of them, but some.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I generally love the snot about of my heroes. I alternate between wanting them and wanting to be them.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
In my hockey romance, I had a pretty serious crush on my hero. The female protagonist wasn't necessarily the same as me, though.

In my next book, the heroine was similar to me. She didn't end up with her crush, but with another character that is based on a person I don't personally have any interest in. That's the magic of fiction.

In my latest (on submission) I kinda have a special place in my heart for the geriatric ex-rocker who might be a basket case, or not. It's more about the complexity of the character now, than the hotness, I guess. Must be getting old.

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
I fall in love every time. In MM i usually love MC#2 harder, probably because i spend so much time in MC#1's head looking at him through rose-colored glasses. :)

With opposite-sex romances, i get it bad for both the MCs.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
I fall in love with all my characters :) Some of my stories I do imagine myself as the protagonist--not all of them, but some.

Same here. I love all of them but I only feel IN love when I can picture myself "playing" the female. Weirdly enough, the females I picture myself as are usually the least like me, whereas I use a lot of my own traits in the characters I have a different muse for. Guess I do it as a way to detach and escape from my identity for a little while.
http://www.absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Status
Not open for further replies.