Sharing my good news (Golden Heart-RWA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLChicken

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to share that I got "the call" from RWA today that my first novel (erotic romance) is a finalist in the RWA Golden Heart contest. I am just in shock.

I didn't think I could go to RWA conference, but now I have to. I will eat bread and water if that's what it takes to get there. I've never even been to a writing conference before. I am thrilled.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, and best of luck!

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I saw a tweet that Courtney Milan's first call was met with "The number you have dialed has been disconnected and is no longer in service." Can you imagine? I keep hoping Courtney dialed wrong, not that the author submitted the wrong contact info. :(

FLChicken

Registered
Reaction score
Just happened upon this thread. That's great news! Congratulations :partyguy:
Thanks so much! :)

Congrats, and best of luck!
Thank you!!

I saw a tweet that Courtney Milan's first call was met with "The number you have dialed has been disconnected and is no longer in service." Can you imagine? I keep hoping Courtney dialed wrong, not that the author submitted the wrong contact info. :(

I saw that, too. Can you imagine? Shirley Jump called me this AM, bright and early. TG none of my coworkers were around. I screamed and cried.

KVL

Registered
Reaction score
London, but I left my heart in San Francisco
Congratulations! :) I sometimes wonder what it would be like to make those calls to authors. "Hello, before I say anything else, can I just ask whether you have smelling salts available? No? Well, better sit down, then." ;)

FLChicken

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :) I sometimes wonder what it would be like to make those calls to authors. "Hello, before I say anything else, can I just ask whether you have smelling salts available? No? Well, better sit down, then." ;)

Thanks. I was at work and had to jump into a private office. Lots of "no ways"... "You're joking right?" ...and "oh my gods."

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. Fantastic news.:banana:

Lil

Registered
Reaction score
Fabulous news. Congratulations. I'll be cheering you on at the conference.

Gringa

Registered
Reaction score
Gotta say it again! YIPPIE!

FLChicken

Registered
Reaction score

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I heard that this year's conference is sold out (on RWA's twitter feed)...I hope you are able to go.

stephsco

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniescott.net
Congratulations! I followed the twitter feed all morning. So fun when you know people who are nominated--two from my chapter got RITA noms!

If RWA NYC is sold out, that must have just happened--maybe after some nominees found out and decided to go after all. I was checking for my friend in the same situation.

Congrats again. What a fun experience for your first national conference!

FLChicken

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and thanks for providing some inspiration!

I'm sooooo jealous, congrats!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations - that's awesome!

Congratulations!

Thank you. Truly. :)

Congratulations! I followed the twitter feed all morning. So fun when you know people who are nominated--two from my chapter got RITA noms!

If RWA NYC is sold out, that must have just happened--maybe after some nominees found out and decided to go after all. I was checking for my friend in the same situation.

Congrats again. What a fun experience for your first national conference!

Thanks guys. I was able to register. I did within minutes of the phone call. They held some spaces for finalists, but then I saw this afternoon it was sold out. So I got in right under the wire. That's for sure. Now I have to figure out all the logistics. But I will somehow make that happen. At least, it's not until July. phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.