Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Animals & Nature
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
TheMist
figuring it all out

TheMist is on a distinguished road
Writing about my dog :)

People, I am writing a story about my dog. She is paralyzed in her backside .She can not walk and drags herself with her front legs. I want to write a story about her and I am wondering how to begin...
Any advise?

TheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
alleycat
Be afraid . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tell us how you got the dog, or why she's special to you, or some adventure the two of you have had, or something the two of you once did together and now can't, or about the dog's courage or unfailing optimism (which we humans could learn from).

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
TheMist
figuring it all out

TheMist is on a distinguished road
Thank you! By the way, she was born with a huge hole in her spleen. She started walking funny when she was 9 months and then we took her to the vet and he operated. She will never walk again!

TheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
alleycat
Be afraid . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We had a dog when I was a kid. We lived in the country and the dog accidentally got run over by a large tractor. The dog survived (probably because he rolled with the tractor tire in some thick bushes), but later in life developed a problem with his rear end. We used to carry him up and down the basement steps because he just couldn't make it anymore. He lived to be 18.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm so sorry, TheMist. (((hugs)))
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
AllieKat
just a writer, unbranded

AllieKat is a shiny, shiny jewelAllieKat is a shiny, shiny jewel
I've seen very inspiring pictures/articles about partially paralyzed dogs who got little wheelchair-like devices for their back legs to help them move. Did your vet say anything about this to you?

It sounds like this is a very personal and painful situation. Sometimes great stories can come from such things. On the other hand, sometimes it helps to wait and write about things when they're less painful. ((Hug))
AllieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
StephanieFox
Maybull the Bulldog

StephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthood
Check this out. These work well for a lot of dogs.

https://www.google.com/webhp#q=dog+w...=1082&bih=1192

Two months ago I couldn't even spell freelance writer
and now I are one.

StephanieFox is offline   Reply With Quote