Writers Literary Agency / The Literary Agency Group / LAG /TLAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterDusk14

Non-savvy tech writer
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw an odd literary agency. (merged into existing WLA thread)

First of all, I'd like to apologize if this agency has been checked before. I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Anyway, they're simply called, I believe, Writers Literary Agency.

They don't charge fees what so ever.

But how they work, is you send them a synopsis of your novel and some other info. If they like your idea, they will request for a manuscript. You can send three to five chapters if "you feel uncomfortable sending your entire manuscript".

And based from my understanding, they will tell you the reasons why they didn't accept you, so you may polish and fix everything that needs to be fixed, and then re-send them.

Here's the link...

http://www.wlwritersagency.com/?gclid=CImQp_fV5KgCFU0mHAodQzKvCg

I'm a little tempted truth be told, but somehow I'm a bit wary about them.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
You can send three to five chapters if "you feel uncomfortable sending your entire manuscript".

If that's a direct quote, it alone would make me investigate further. Why would a legit agency suggest writers might be uncomfortable about sending a whole manuscript?

And yeah, what Cyia said.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score

Trust your instincts, 99% of the time you'll be right. As Cyia as pointed out these guys are Bad News.

It is tempting, because they are telling you what you want to hear.

Glad you posted here, so many don't do any research. Keep up the good work. :)

C. K. Casner

is a twisted individual
Registered
Reaction score

Speaking from previous experience, my advice is to run to the hills. They do charge fees; many, many fees. The editing is poor, (hundreds of $ for spellcheck), they charge for a favorable 'critique' and when the ms has not been picked up by a publishing company, an email is sent out to charge the author so much $ to 'send' the ms to publishers, (they will wait a month and then send a progress report, but all of those 'contacted' pass) and none have been sold.

Do yourself a favor, pocket your money and find a non-fee charging agent.

Check out Writer Beware and the subforum here. It will take a while to go through it all, but its worth it.

Last edited:

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
No legitimate agent charges fees.

Proper research is your friend and proper research means taking time to read through a forum rather than just doing a quick check.

MM

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I would add that if it were not for the Bewares and Background checks forum, many of us would have made awful mistakes. It's a great resource.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
I originally came to AW to get information about this agency, then named ST Literary. In the intervening years (about 8, I think) they still have no verifiable sales to commercial publishers. If they have made no sales and are still in business, the ONLY way they've survived is to charge their authors, whether they call it charging fees or not.

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
No legitimate agent charges fees.

Proper research is your friend and proper research means taking time to read through a forum rather than just doing a quick check.

MM

One wonders if the selection of their highly-generic name was intended to make using a search function in places like this difficult. There are some agencies that are hard to do searches on, like ones that have parts of their names too short for the search engine.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
One wonders if the selection of their highly-generic name was intended to make using a search function in places like this difficult. There are some agencies that are hard to do searches on, like ones that have parts of their names too short for the search engine.

The title of this sub-form begins with "Writers Literary Agency".

MM

Dangard

Registered
Reaction score
if you do a google search for them, you'll only get as far as writers l before it shows writers literary agency scam as the fourth possible option. You don't even have to finish writing it out before scam comes up next to their name.
One good way to look up the credibility of an agency is simply to look for it here, there's usually plenty of comments about them here.

mojomx

Registered
Reaction score
Shocker

Now I know why they failed me in the past. I wished I knew about you guys then. Well hindsight is 20/20, lol. The Journal of Unsound Logic might be able to make a comeback as a novella then. Well, we will see what future projects hold.

mojomx

Registered
Reaction score
Wish I had known that. Well, they didn't bilk me out of much. Live and learn right?

mojomx

Registered
Reaction score
Copyright Registration

While on the topic of scam services. Any good online copyright registration sights? I am using World Wide OCR and have one file supposedly copyrighted with a certificate. Any input?

mojomx

Registered
Reaction score
That is funny about the twilight thing. I find the whole Jacob/ Edward thing tedious. lol

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
While on the topic of scam services. Any good online copyright registration sights? I am using World Wide OCR and have one file supposedly copyrighted with a certificate. Any input?
Faux registration services like World Wide OCR might possibly provide some evidence of ownership in the event of an infringement suit (I say possibly, because certificates, time stamps, and the like can be faked)--but they are no substitute for official copyright registration, if you live in one of the few countries that has an official registration process (such as the USA), plus you can provide just as good evidence yourself by keeping drafts, research notes, emails, and the like. There's never a need to spend money on a service like World Wide OCR.

For more information on copyright, including why you don't need to register copyright for unpublished work, see the Copyright page of Writer Beware.

- Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.