Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Send coffee and croissants.

:e2coffee:

If it's pizza, it's Tuesday.

*Hands around slices - please leave the gf for Fen, thank you*

Any chance there's an extra GF slice for me? (I forgot my lunch at home. WHINE.)

I'm going to edit my butt off today. That is the plan. Plus I have a new, non-writing project in the works. I don't know if it will work or if anyone will see it, but it should be fun. :)

Non-writing project you say? *curious*

I've done a terrible thing.

I've contributed to the incentive of stores to start selling Easter candy before it's even Valentine's Day.

And I sincerely apologize for that.

But a one-pound chocolate bunny for $2.50 is the best price for chocolate around. =^_^=

I understand your shame, but can we really fault you for purchasing chocolate? I think not.

Shared brains and mom birthdays.

There's a story prompt.

ION: Despite having cold with death-rattle-like coughs (sexy!), I'm kicking some ass on the current WIP (56K and counting). I found new motivation. The book out for queries had several requests last week, which makes me feel like finishing up this draft sooner than later may be worthwhile. It also makes for serious anxiety tummy, but that's another story.

Maybe Cobra can make me feel better by talking about his new book deal. :partyguy:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Glad it's looking better. Now :whip:

And :whip: for all the other SSers. Including me.

I'M TRYING. *SS's harder*

Halp! Halp!

I am stuck in a complete works of Balzac - 12196 pages

:e2drown:

Send coffee and croissants.

*sends coffee. vacillates over melty chocolate croissant*

New Internet Term Recommendation:

Threxting (v): the act of shooting oneself in the foot and/or inserting said foot into one's mouth while trying to intimidate others over text message.

Is there a picture of me screaming at autocorrect beside that definition?

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hihi, all!

ION: Despite having cold with death-rattle-like coughs (sexy!), I'm kicking some ass on the current WIP (56K and counting). I found new motivation. The book out for queries had several requests last week, which makes me feel like finishing up this draft sooner than later may be worthwhile. It also makes for serious anxiety tummy, but that's another story.

Maybe Cobra can make me feel better by talking about his new book deal. :partyguy:

Eeee...that death rattle doesn't sound good. But congrats on all the requests! :D

And hear, hear!

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I've done a terrible thing.

I've contributed to the incentive of stores to start selling Easter candy before it's even Valentine's Day.

And I sincerely apologize for that.

But a one-pound chocolate bunny for $2.50 is the best price for chocolate around. =^_^=
Lol.

They had hotcross buns out on boxing day here. The mixture for said buns came into the store on the day before Christmas.

It's ever so slightly insane.
I'M TRYING. *SS's harder*

*sends coffee. vacillates over melty chocolate croissant*

Now I want chocolate croissants. Ah well, I'm going to buy kitten and dig food this morning - I can probably stretch to croissants as well.

Out of interest, does everyone else pronounce that as croisont?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Done editing!

When I get like this i start decluttering stuff, thus giving me the incentive to go to the charity shop to get rid of it and thus justifying any purchase I may make while there. That's my reasoning anyway! :D
Not a bad idea. Unfortunately, there's nothing I'd like to get rid of at the moment.

Fingers crossed for the requests.

I made an experiment for lunch today. It was disgusting. I like cottage cheese on salads, I thought it would go good on sauteed vegetables. :barf:
Cottage cheese is teh yuck. I can't eat anything that remotely looks like puss.

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
Greetings fellow SF and F writers. I once again poke my head out into the world and see what's up. Been busy writing my latest book (halfway there!) and trying to find a job. I'm kind of tired of the "(not quite) starving writer" role.

Also, wanted to give ya'll a heads up: I've giving away 25 free copies of my science fiction short for Amazon Kindle, "Abyss." Who better to give them away to than the folks at AW who helped me get serious about writing! You can catch the details of the giveaway at my blog, linked below.

Now I'm going to go see if I have any croissants around here...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*installs new magic oven with food allergy friendly settings*

Food for all :)

And mission accomplished. I said very little and she again made erratic demands. So now I can hopefully show this to a judge if need be. If it doesnt help, oh well, it's just a minor thing. I'm standing my ground and what will be, will be :)

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For those waiting on tenterhooks: the excuses were lame :D

And now, back to your regular programming.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who's been lighting the smibble fur on fire again? I can smell the smoke. And see the crazy.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Cottage cheese is teh yuck. I can't eat anything that remotely looks like puss.

The storebought kind looks runny because they add milk to it, to give it that texture. Make your own; it tastes better, you can control the amount of salt, and it doesn't look like pus; it just looks like crumbled up farmer's cheese. it's dead easy to make, too.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
You heat up milk and vinegar and the curds separate. Too much effort IMO.

Pretty much. Heat up the milk, add a little vinegar, wait until it separates, and then drain it. We use a cheese cloth, and tied it up on our clothesline overnight until it had drained completely. Add a little salt and pepper, eat up. It's delicious.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
The storebought kind looks runny because they add milk to it, to give it that texture. Make your own; it tastes better, you can control the amount of salt, and it doesn't look like pus; it just looks like crumbled up farmer's cheese. it's dead easy to make, too.

I don't really like the taste. The runny texture only adds to the disgust. I can't eat tapioca either because of its similar resemblance to puss.

ION: Plastic wrap is okay to use in the microwave. Not so much in the oven. :e2smack:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My sister once demonstrated that plastic wrap can catch fire in the microwave, if left in for a few minutes.

Also, not meant for high temps and will release nasty chemicals. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.