The Walking Dead - AMC

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
It hasn't stopped me watching, but I don't understand it as an artistic decision.

Now, realistically, sometimes people act in entirely irrational ways, especially when they're traumatized. It'd be reasonable to see every single living human on the show as having PTSD.

But -- if they can get their heads together and make logical decisions, the world they're in is still inherently dangerous. Rather than have them get into trouble through inexplicable stupidity, it'd be way more interesting to see them do everything right -- or most things, with some inevitable missteps -- but still be barely holding their own, just because the dangers are so great.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
This is why I stopped reading the comic and stopped watching the show.
No matter how stupid the characters, I will keep watching until they pry the show out of my cold, dead hand. Or something.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I think I expected too much. I blame the long wait!

Spoilers abound; don't read until you've seen the latest episode. I'll white everything out.

Andrea has worn out my last good nerve. At this point, I loathe her character. I would actually cheer if she got eaten by a Walker.

Michonne, I'm willing to forgive for her close-mouthedness (is that a word?) because clearly, she's damaged, and she has zero trust, and she shuts down. I get that. Don't agree with it, but at least I don't want to feed her to the Walkers.

Rick going crazy? That was cool. Looking forward to where this is going - although it doesn't bode well for Tyreese's group.

Maggie/Glenn tension? Also good.

Beth/Carol bonding over li'l asskicker? Eh, whatever. Not invested one way or another.

But Daryl going off with Merle? Get Daryl back, ASAP!!!

maggi90w1

CAVE!
Registered
Reaction score
I really like the way Carol is growing as a character. Hershel is still awesome.
I hope Rick stops being crazy soon, because I would like to see how things play out when they add the other people to their group.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Daryl...wth! Nooooooooo. Merle must die. Yep, that'll solve that problem, oh and throw Andrea in the death pit with him.

James simpson

Registered
Reaction score
warning spoilers exc, exc, make sure you are up to date before reading. I am not going to white it out because honestly if your on here before you have seen the episode you should be expecting spoilers:

I completely agree with Dragonjax with Daryl he needs to get back with the others, as much as I love Merle, screw him the group needs Daryl. I am half expecting to see Carol go out looking for Daryl.

Rick going crazy is cool but considering he is going crazy they need a new leader. I vote Hershel I have always liked his character. But even if they don't replace him they need to get Tyreese and Sasha into their group. Ben and the other one (I forget his name) looks like they will be a problem though.

Only two complaints about it, Andrea needs to get some balls. She should have shot the bitten man in the head and started replacing the Governor as the leader of woodberry. Maybe even killed him (Thats probably what I would do in her situation) the other is that it ended far too soon. :(

chrysalnix

Registered
Reaction score
Spoilers...

Andrea's pep talk at Woodbury was a little too rah-rah-rah for me, but someone had to step in when the guvna stepped out. I'm curious to see how Andrea handles her old friends at the prison. Seems like she is constantly trying to fit in somewhere, even when being a rebel. I think she's been lost ever since Amy got killed.

I like Andrea best when she isn't so confused about her identity.

And I hope Lori stays a damned ghost. :D

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was watching last night I was thinking they are going to need a psychiatrist in their group to help Rick.

BAY

Registered
Reaction score
No Daryl? The show's interest drops in half. Agree with Dragonjax that Andrea needs a change, but if they keep killing off people who's left to watch?

Poor Rick. He can't bond to Lil Ass Kicker either.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
It'll be interesting to see the Dixon brothers operating together. Like Robin Hood and Little John, if Little John was a racist, sociopathic cracker.

Loved the way Daryl took his crossbow back from that guy.

Can't imagine how the idiot citizens of Woodbury could think they were safer outside the walls than in. Overall, though, I'd say the tv version of the town is a lot more believable than the comic book version (in which the Governor looks like a meth dealer from the git-go, and the town is like a maximum security prison being run by its worst inmates).

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
You can add three more things to the dumbest list, in my book.

For the citizens of Woodbury - trying to leave? OK, bad things happened. You really think you've got a better chance outside the walls? Even a bad Woodbury is better than the best walker-filled sawmpy campground.

Rick gets two -

First - leaving Daryl because you don't want to take Merle. OK, Merle's an ass. He's going to be a problem, but your people wouldn't be alive without Daryl. He's worth any price - even if the price is giving Merle a home. Put Daryl in charge of him. If he gets too out of line, you've got a whole prison full of cells. Lock the bastard up in one. I guarantee if Merle put Carl, Carol or Little Ass-Kicker in danger, Daryl would be the first to help you lock him up.

Second - NOT accepting Tyrese and team. #1: You need the man power. #2: You owe it to karma - you don't send good people out into that world just like Herschel didn't turn you out. #3: If you turn them out, they have nothing to lose by turning on you, either on their own or by joining with The Governor. Did Rick learn NOTHING from the Andrew fiasco? The last thing you need is more enemies.

I was yelling at my TV for all the stupidity going around.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No way can they give Merle a home. When has it ever been a good idea to have him around? And I doubt that Glen, Maggie, Beth, and Herschel would be willing to live under the same roof as Merle.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Second - NOT accepting Tyrese and team. #1: You need the man power. #2: You owe it to karma - you don't send good people out into that world just like Herschel didn't turn you out. #3: If you turn them out, they have nothing to lose by turning on you, either on their own or by joining with The Governor. Did Rick learn NOTHING from the Andrew fiasco? The last thing you need is more enemies.

In Rick's defense I say this--he's not in his right mind.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Yeppers, he's done gone around the bend. :D He wasn't even yelling at them to get out, he was yelling at dead Lori. I think Hershel and the others would've convinced him to have let them stay, if he hadn't lost his marbles.

Glen and the others have every right for not wanting Merle around, who would want that asshole around? But I think they should've brought him back and put him in a cell block away from theirs, if Daryl wanted to stay with him there, then fine, at least he'd still be at the prison and of help for when the Governor comes. They may not owe Merle anything more than a bullet between his eyes, but they owe Daryl...

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's what I can say about the premiere: it wasn't worth the wait. A little flat and a lotta "meh."

This was a marking time episode until something meaningful happens. And it showed.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Glen and the others have every right for not wanting Merle around, who would want that asshole around? But I think they should've brought him back and put him in a cell block away from theirs, if Daryl wanted to stay with him there, then fine, at least he'd still be at the prison and of help for when the Governor comes. They may not owe Merle anything more than a bullet between his eyes, but they owe Daryl...
I was thinking this, too. They should've just put him in a cell away from everyone else.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I volunteer to feed Andrea to the walkers.

geez, what did the walkers ever do to you?

:D

I had such high hopes for Andrea when she survived the farm incident. She showed such courage and badassness. What a shame. But who knows, she might jump-start that pea rattling around in her head before it's all said and done. I think her stupidity has reached its low point. At least, one can hope so.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I have 2 links for everyone.

This one talks about spoilers. Nothing in my mind too big. It just alludes to things to come.

And this one that's an opinion piece on the showdown coming between 2 characters. I happen to be a big fan of the author. And you should all read anything from this author. He's really amazing. Sexy too.