NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
Also, I think we broke the NaNo site ;)

Well, it wouldn't be kick-off if the site didn't freeze/crash at least once. Glad to know it's everyone and not just my connection though. :)

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
Feel I'm already left behind on the first day...!

I'm up to my ears in student papers that need to be ready for tomorrow's lesson so I can spend the weekend correcting another pile...
I haven't had time to fork out a single WIP word today, though if I count all the words written in the margin of student papers plus the comments at the end I'm sure I'm just about to reach the 1667 word goal anyway ;-)

Oh well, in about an hour I can focus on NaNo for perhaps an hour before I stumble to bed. I sort of know I'm unable to come up with 50k in a month anyway, but I'm determined to write a little bit every day at least....

Good luck everyone!

Julie.G.

Registered
Reaction score
At this moment: 0 words but I feel good vibes coming my way. Still 3 hours to reach my 1700 words.

WaveHopper

Registered
Reaction score
So the nanowrimo site crashes a fair bit then? Ah well.

First time nano. 2,100 words. Gotta keep that rate up! I have no idea how hard that is going to be...

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have 1,693 words so far here. I'd like to push that up a little before the first day ends, to create contingency for later, but... we'll see!

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
429 words and writing as much as I can before I vote early.

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
6k! And I had school this afternoon. A good day, indeed.

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
So the nanowrimo site crashes a fair bit then? Ah well.

First time nano. 2,100 words. Gotta keep that rate up! I have no idea how hard that is going to be...

goodness yes. It gets better when traffic slows down later in the month. the beginning frenzy is usually too much. case in point, I've been trying name my novel on my profile all day--still not working. Oh well.

0 words, but plotted? Big on the ? part. Good luck, all :)

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I have 2,382 words, but I am going to have to look it over and make some changes. A few scenes written out of order. I am thinking I will just count the parts that work in order and add the other ones in when I reach that point in the story. So really I only have 800, but the day is not over.

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
And even though I have a few hours left in the evening, I doubt I'll be able to squeeze in more writing time, so I'm calling today's count at: 2979 words.

Catalyn

Nano'ing....
Registered
Reaction score
Finished for the day as it's bedtime soon, managed to crank out 3472 words so I'm happy. :) There's going to be more than a few days this month where I struggle to get even an hour of writing time, so I'm trying to build a buffer where I can.

It turns out that away from the constant gaze of the inner editor, I am queen of the adverbs. My MC has also already passed out and woken up three times (in 3472 words). I suspect that things will only go downhill as November progresses. :tongue

Hope everyone is having a productive day, some good word counts in here already!

CJ Knightrey

She Who Constantly Changes Avatars
Registered
Reaction score
Just hit 2,000 words :) I think I'm done for the day. Day one has been successful! Here's hoping tomorrow is another 2,000.

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a couple of hundred words at midnight, just to kick things off. Then a few hundred more at lunchtime today for a current total of 745. An hour to go before I can leave work, but I'm the just about the only one left in the office and the work is mostly done ... :evil

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
6k! And I had school this afternoon. A good day, indeed.

you are a speedy writing machine!

it's still November 1st for me, and because I started at midnight (did 1234 words) I am trying to hit another 1000 tonight before the day's up to total up to 2234 words for the first day. Not too shabby! Most I've written all year! Planning on doing a lot more over the weekend. Speaking of which, how many words do you guys normally plan on reaching for saturdays/sundays (I have work tomorrow so I'm still going to do my weekday count)

Happy Writing :)

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
As many as possible. It's nice to build up a buffer on the weekends.

agreed. I just like setting goals. otherwise I wouldn't write (it's really bad but with all those negative thoughts floating around in my head telling me I can't do it, I know the trend with me). so that's why I love NaNo. It gives me goals and keep going for a month. I just like to see what reasonable goals people on here set for themselves so maybe I can get an idea of where I should be. (I was thinking 4-5k? per saturday/sunday?=8-10k/weekend)

Storm Surge

Surfin'
Registered
Reaction score
Got 2343 so far. 2000 words is usually the most I can manage in a day so I'm happy. :)

Sarashay

Shut Up and Write
Registered
Reaction score
3000+ on day one (can't get an exact count while the site is down, since the wordcounts never quite match what my word processor says it is) and I think I'm going to call it a night so I don't burn myself out too quickly.