Ok. Um... wow.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
So that's the way it is, huh? Well, just remember this:

Some day you too could incur the wrath of several mods who will then entertain themselves by turning you into increasingly weird and hideous things when you least expect it. And then you'll look back on this day and realize just how intolerant you were.

I would now turn and walk away with dignity, except that my legs aren't really up to supporting my head and torso.

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Damn it. No one's going to pay any attention to anything I say as long as I have this throbby, blobby, pink avatar. Is that about right?
Nope. Not while it throbs like a sock full of grasshoppers we won't.:tongue

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
So that's the way it is, huh? Well, just remember this:

Some day you too could incur the wrath of several mods who will then entertain themselves by turning you into increasingly weird and hideous things when you least expect it. And then you'll look back on this day and realize just how intolerant you were.

I would now turn and walk away with dignity, except that my legs aren't really up to supporting my head and torso.
look on the bright side: at least you've got enough strength in your legs to turn your blobbly mass.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I now count at least four threads in which the current topic of conversation is my unsightly appearance.

It's enough to give a girl a complex.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score

Aw, look what you went and did! I'm assuming the small child is the mod you've mysteriously annoyed, and you are the gentlemen being relieved of his head.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Oh, actually, I like this one.

I think I'm the little girl.

ETA: And there's more than one mod involved here. I know who's responsible for throbby blobby, and this one isn't his style at all.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I was actually expecting something like this since last week's "meeting," which was called by the Pope. He gave a preemptive, "no holding back" request for everyone in attendance to speak their minds about things like homosexuality and divorce, with a warning that no one else was to stifle said opinions. He wanted to hear from everyone, and he wanted to hear the truth.

People who hold gatherings like that are looking to make changes and feeling out which changes will be easiest to implement first. I expect more to come, and fairly soon. (Soon in church years, anyway.)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
With regards the dealings in the Vatican (and other organized religions) I'll believe it when I see it.

As for Cassandra, who the hell did you piss off this time? :D

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
As for Cassandra, who the hell did you piss off this time? :D

Today?

Well, regdog was first. I started the day as a weird beribboned robot. Then cray turned me into various throbby blobby pink things. I think this latest one is Haggis, though there's an outside chance it was alleycat.

I'm not sure why they don't just ban me and get it over with.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure why they don't just ban me and get it over with.
---

You're probably too much fun and they want to keep you around to see how much they can humiliate you. Does this count as hazing?:D

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
It's definitely hazing. I keep pressing "report post" buttons every time it happens, but I don't think they work. All I get in response are these weird giggling noises.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
She is stabbing perfectly to the beat of "Venus" by Lady Gaga...

Karen Junker

Live a little. Write a lot.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CascadeWriters.com
Could someone PM me when Cassandra's AV is changed to something not creepy? I am not joking -- I really can't deal. In the mean time, I will hide her posts (no offense, C). Also, anything with motion in it makes me seasick.

I'm not Catholic, never have been. But I doubt if the idea that they might welcome gay people is a hail mary move -- that group is a smallish % of the population. Divorced people? Now we're talkin'.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
"come to the church and even eat the cracker, but don't try to get married here."

also love how the big, bold statements actually take the form of questions:

it's like when the news teaser asks, "is your washcloth killing you? tune in and see..."

so. tune in and see.

Yeah. The new pope is an improvement, no doubt, but I don't see a real change unless they change so that procreation is no longer at the center of their doctrine on marriage and families. I'm not LGBT, but if I were shopping for a Christian community, I certainly wouldn't pick one that told me I couldn't have non procreative sex without being sinful, nor that I am on a lesser plane spiritually because of my gender. In other words, I would never, ever, ever join a religious community that banned contraception or told women they couldn't be full clergy. Nor would I join one that told same-sex couples (or people on their second or third marriages) that they could come inside and partake of the service, but that their relationships were not as real or important as everyone else's.

I have trouble believing someone who is gay or lesbian would want to join a Church (or return to being active in one if they were raised in it, then lapsed) that "welcomed" them, but still made them sit in the back of the metaphoric bus.

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Damn it. No one's going to pay any attention to anything I say as long as I have this throbby, blobby, pink avatar. Is that about right?
You seem to have a child happily sawing someone's head off with a butcher knife now. Much less disturbing than that blobby, pink one was, but still disturbing.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You seem to have a child happily sawing someone's head off with a butcher knife now. Much less disturbing than that blobby, pink one was.

I totally agree. The pink one almost made me block myself.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I liked the pink one. It reminded me of Ziggy.

Well, if you'd like to be pink and blobby yourself, all you have to do is put up a post enumerating a few of cray's bad qualities. I only listed six or seven of them, but that seemed to do the trick.

If you decide you want a change of pace and would rather be some kind of weird robot thing for a while, write a bad haiku comparing a transformer to a toaster and a washing machine.

And before you know it, you'll be something new and disturbing every time you log on.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I didn't see the pinnk blobby whateveritwas, but this one is seriously sick...
As for Pope Francis: I love him. And I can name-drop that I know someone who knew him in Argentina -- a priest who was in prison, and the future Pope helped get him out.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I still don't see why a celibate old man should have any more to say about gays than he does about birth control.

Or as the politically-incorrect joke going around in my youth (regarding birth control) went, "You no playa da game, you no maka da rules."