My 3 Reasons for Self-Pubbing & Sales Updates on Print & Ebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJanes

Registered
Reaction score
Nice update, and yeah, may has been a better month than april.

Hope June treats you well as well.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
I love your anecdotes! :)

Here's to a great June!!!

I like seeing the anecdotes, too!

Thanks for the update, nice anecdote.
Here's to a lovely June!

Nice update, and yeah, may has been a better month than april.

Hope June treats you well as well.

Congratulations on the sales! Lovely story, as always!

Great anecdote :) Write on!

Thank you, fellow authors. I appreciate the feedback, and like I said before, as long as there are some that like the anecdotes, I'll continue to share them. Here's to you... cheers!

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good to read the latest update, Ann. Keep up the good work.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Sio. I've missed you around here. Are you writing or just too busy with work and school?

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
It's been almost eight months since I've written in my self-publishing diary - that's a long time. I didn't set out to purposely stay away, but life intervened and time moved on.

It has been an off-year for me in so many ways. First of all, I've been in a deep funk as far as writing goes, but I'm happy to say the words have recently begun to flow again. Apparently, I've not been alone in this, as other authors I've had some contact with seem to be having similar struggles.

Then too, I have been busy running six online garage sales from June through December to earn extra money for the cataract surgery I wanted that required added out-of-pocket money. Now I'm on the other side of said surgery, plus Lasix on one eye for further tweaking.

A very dear niece passed away at only forty-nine years of age on December 22nd; I caught a bug the day after Christmas that lasted a week, then went on a week-long destination wedding cruise to the Caribbean the beginning of January. I caught another nasty bug on the flight home from the cruise, and after almost 4 weeks, am just now starting to feel human again.

I didn't get a single thing published in all of 2014, so, of course, sales of my 2 novels and 1 short story didn't amount to much. For the few that still might have an interest, my total sales from July, 2014 through January of this year were as follows:

Print: Heart Song - 4 / Sand Dollar - 1 (total of all print sales of 2 novels - 246)
E-books: Heart Song - 2 + 1 Kukoll / Sand Dollar - 4 / God's ornaments - 4 (total of all E sales - 136)

Hope you're all doing well. Write on!

M. H. Lee

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Ann, you've been missed. Hope 2015 is a better year for you and look forward to hearing more of your stories about how amazing you are at attracting new readers.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, M. H. I appreciate the kind words. I'm glad to see you're still here among all the new faces. I hope you'll doing well.

Celeste Carrara

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Ann it's so good to hear from you! I can relate so much to your post! I'm happy to see you are writing again. I hope this year will be a great one for you :)

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement, Celeste. I just went over and checked out your diary and was so glad to see how well you're doing. Keep up the good work, girl!

grayworld

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your hardships of last year, Ann, and I hope you're feeling better.

It's encouraging to know you're writing again. I know it can be tough to get back on the writing track after life gets in the way. My best advice is to just keep on keeping on. Try to write every day, whether it's two paragraphs or 2,000 words. Developing a routine after a long layoff seems to help.

Best of luck to you :)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
grayworld is wise.

I hope this year is better for you.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your hardships of last year, Ann, and I hope you're feeling better.

It's encouraging to know you're writing again. I know it can be tough to get back on the writing track after life gets in the way. My best advice is to just keep on keeping on. Try to write every day, whether it's two paragraphs or 2,000 words. Developing a routine after a long layoff seems to help.

Best of luck to you :)

Thank you, Gray. That's exactly what I've been trying to do. Some days I only get one line or a paragraph written, and some days I actually manage 8 or 9 hundred words. I'm working toward discipline again. I appreciate your kind encouragement. And I am feeling pretty good now, with the exception of a lingering cough, which others tell me is common with this particular bug. Onward and upward!

grayworld is wise.

I hope this year is better for you.

Yes, Old Hack, Gray speaks wisdom. Thank you for your comments and well-wishes. It was nice to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.