Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to have a bug (PC version) where there is no way to craft as far as I can tell. According to their wiki a 2 x 2 crafting block should show up in your inventory but I don't see one.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Well it's not a block, there should be a 2x2 crafting grid interface.
Your inventory should look like this: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/a/a2/2011-07-18_12.55.56.png

It was set to, "creative," which in the PC version means there's no monsters but also no crafting.

I now have crafting and monsters, but can't seem to eat. I cooked the porkchop, put it in my hand and neither left nor right mouse allow me to eat. I've also tried every key on the keyboard. Still can't eat which means I basically can't heal anything other than mild damage and still will starve. So I built a death pit near my bedroom in my castle. When health is low I jump to the bottom and respawn at the top of the stairs and walk down and pick up my stuff. Unfortunately you also lose levels when you die.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Yes I know what Creative is. :p

Food doesn't heal anymore, instead it recovers your fatigue bar, and it can only do it when you're not already full.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Minecrafty friends, please assist:

Is this creeper stuffed toy http://www.instructables.com/id/Minecraft-Stuffed-Creeper-Doll/

1. a cool gift to give an 11 year old boy who's obsessed with Minecraft?
2. appropriate? I want to give it as a gift but I don't know if it's like secretly naughty or anything (like everything else on the internet)? I don't really understand Minecraft. Some of the kids where I work wear t-shirts of it, so I think it's okay, but I just wanted to make sure!

Thanks!

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I can't speak to cool, though I wouldn't mind one, but it's not naughty in any way I know of. The Creeper is an enemy in the Minecraft game, infamous for creeping up on a player and exploding and killing them (as well as destroying anything else nearby).

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
thanks log! i wasn't sure. it has sort of a pixellated phallic shape to it :D stuffed toy might be too kiddish, so I'm thinking I will put one on a slouchy bummy sort of messenger bag that a kid would carry his important kid stuff in.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
My son lets me play after he goes to sleep, and occasionally other times.... BUT, Here Is My Issue:

I have an estate in progress with some lovely pet chickens.
My chicken, Irving, had two chicks with his first wife, Gail, and then she ran off to go swimming, never to return.

I felt bad for him, personally. Yet, he did find love again with his second wife, Marissa. I moved them back from the pen into my house, and they had four chicks.

Long story short, I came back from building a bridge, and Marissa was in the house with the kids, but Irving wasn't there. WHAaaT?

I found him in the pool in the backyard and lured him back into the house with seeds.... He ate the seeds and then snuck out!!!!!! OMG!
The next day, I found him in the chicken pen with other chickens.
Is Irving having a mid-life crisis?
What Should I Do?!!!! It's tearing me apart, MAN!!!

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Update, I discovered that Irv and Marissa are both in the chicken pen. Was I stifling their social lives? Do they prefer the great outdoors? Gail was in the pen with Irv when she ran off.

How can I ensure that my poultry will have good relationships?

Last edited:

Alexys

Took a wrong turn at the Pleiades
Registered
Reaction score
Set them up with a five-course torchlight dinner of mushroom stew, steak, bread, pork chops, and cake and pumpkin pie for dessert? ;)

(Seriously, it sounds like you need a more secure chicken pen--they shouldn't be running off unless you let them out, or a creeper blows up part of the pen wall. Make sure the walls are high enough relative to the ground inside. Airlocks can help.)

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
I can't speak to cool, though I wouldn't mind one, but it's not naughty in any way I know of. The Creeper is an enemy in the Minecraft game, infamous for creeping up on a player and exploding and killing them (as well as destroying anything else nearby).

Creepers. :gaah :e2fight:

I have a predominantly Minecraft YouTube channel (Allegro1225), and creepers are my number one pet peeve. Caused so many issues on my server, I turned off their ability to take out land... :tongue

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Update!!!

Irving and Marissa are so incredibly happy living back in the pen that they had more chicks!

Who knew? And, who knows how true love unfolds for my kosher chickens. Timmy, their son, is enjoying free reign of my house at the moment.

Deleted member 42

I confess I've been trying very hard not to start playing Minecraft.

You lot aren't helping.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I confess I've been trying very hard not to start playing Minecraft.

You lot aren't helping.
Giant. Underwater. Temples. (And lots of other stuff too.)

I used to make my "pens" just holes in the ground. Never have to worry about them climbing out of a hole that's 10 blocks deep.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I made a beach resort for my villagers. They each have a cabana and it looks like the Italian coast a bit. Their cabana has cake! I need help, however, on working their jukebox.

Yes, I knew it would be, and it is addictive.

Last edited:

Alexys

Took a wrong turn at the Pleiades
Registered
Reaction score
According to that article, it's just a rumour. No announcements have been made--heck, it might just have been pulled out of someone's ear. Even if it is real, it depends on Mojang's founder being so dazzled by the dollar signs that he's willing to abandon his principles. Don't panic . . . yet.

Jenkki

Registered
Reaction score
Microsoft is rumored to buy Mojang, the creator of Minecraft, for a jaw dropping two billion dollars.

I never met Notch personally but by all accounts he is a genuinely nice guy but not exactly the next Shigeru Miyamoto. He was kind of the lucky guy selling the right version of an already popular underground game idea at the right time. The fact that he has been unable to create anything interesting since then is telling.

Microsoft is not interested in Notch or Mojang, they are paying top dollar for the Minecraft community. The entire shift in the videogame industry is away from the product model and towards a service, wherein you pay 5, 10, 20 a month, whatever, to continue to contribute, access the benefits of, and be part of your larger gaming community.

It definitely has to do with Xbox versus PlayStation.

PrincessOfCats

Registered
Reaction score
I tend to go through phases where I'm obsessed with Minecraft, and then I'll lose interest. I'm going through an obsessed phase right now.

I realized that you can make portals in the nether that will connect to the overworld (I thought you could only make portals from the overworld to the nether, not the other way around). Since one block in the nether is a bunch of blocks in the overworld, I'm making a complex of tunnels and portals in the nether (out of stone brick, so the ghasts can't break them to bits), and building bases around wherever the portals let out.

If someone sets up a server for the board, I'd be happy to try to replicate the feat there. :p

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I just recreated Sandy Beach and part of Greenport, NY! I still have excess of squids who are making me lag though. I did make an awesome McDonalds in my Japanese city.

Last edited:

MrCasperTom

Registered
Reaction score
Minecraft was one of the best "I should buy this game because I can play it with all my friends" buys ever. Currently using it to build a world from a superflat map to flex my creativity during writing projects.

God bless Creative mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.