Last Game you have played...

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I actually really like Prototype...it did a lot of things really well, and I rather enjoy how they depict the plot.

Though, I do wish you could control your shape shifting a bit more...like, why can't I have a blade AND a whipfist out?

Now THAT would be AWESOME.

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
So, there's this thing called neopets. And there's a game in it called Faerie Bubbles. And there's just something about it that randomly brings me back to play it with its addictive little bubbly music and popping sounds when I get a combo.

*hangs head in embarrassment*

I just can't help myself!! But it's just so...cute.

Marcus

sept 5th and I'm Out
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually really like Prototype...it did a lot of things really well, and I rather enjoy how they depict the plot.

Though, I do wish you could control your shape shifting a bit more...like, why can't I have a blade AND a whipfist out?

Now THAT would be AWESOME.

I agree about prototype, there is just so much that they did well and spot on with the game. The plot work is exceptional for games these days. I'm really looking forward to playing the game all the way through.

You just can't beet the visceral appeal of the game though as well.

Marcus

sept 5th and I'm Out
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I do wish Alex was a little less...

Psychotic.

Well, we picked up on the story 5 years after he disappeared and got experimented on. Not only do we have no idea what horrors went down in front of him, but the situation he's in alone would make most people want to jump into a vat of acid just to wash the filth off.!. :roll:

In relation to whats happening I think hes a pillar of mental stability :ROFL:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
True. And he IS trying to stop the infection at Manhattan. Better to lose Manhattan than the world, after all.

SO!

I'm playing Crysis Warhead and GOD DAMN...is this game pretty.

Its like...so amazingly pretty.

And its actually kinda fun!

Personally, I think the CryTek crew need to just sell their engine to people who could use it better...like to people with actually creative ideas and shit.

Marcus

sept 5th and I'm Out
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I think the CryTek crew need to just sell their engine to people who could use it better...like to people with actually creative ideas and shit.

or to the people that Bother with trying to be creative. Most of the time today when that happens through the conglomerate of corporate schedules and production demands most of the creativity in gaming is dumbed down to the absolute lowest common denominator. Sad, but true. A friend of mine that lives in LA just started working in the Activision studio that produced most of the call of duties, after working in the industry for over a year now is pretty cynical about the process. Though moving to Activision was a breath of fresh air for the man. I can't wait to get to tour the place as a guest. I'd love to perfect my writing enough to be able to pitch a game to the company. I'd love to have a job as a storyboard writer for a major video game like activision. Once I start at UC Irvine i'll see whats up with being able to indy proposal activision to make my dream.

luke_mushu_2010

Registered
Reaction score
I've been playing the Grand Theft Auto games lately. I only have a PS2, so there's not much new and fun games I can play. I recently beat Vice City(with cheats of course :p) and now am working on beating San Andreas.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I am playing the game of "Listening to day swear at vista while he tries to get a new piece of hardware work"

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I've just started playing Overlord 2.

First, you play as an ADORABLICIOUS CHIBIOVERLORD who stomps around and terrorizes other small children.

Then you grow up and have to build your army of goblins...by clubbing baby seals to death.

Then PETA Elves show up.

Then you club THEM to death!

This game kicks ass.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
For a while, I was playing Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. I've been taking a break recently. Doesn't prevent me from posting in the games board, though. :D

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
The kids and I have been playing with the Singstar games. We're so hip. Tragically so.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Wild Arms, although I'm about to finish it after all these years. We recently got lucky and found someone who sold us a 60 GB P;aystation 3. I quickly discovered that with the PS3, you can download original Playstation games. I obviously grabbed all fo the RPGs (and Jumping Flash, what a twisted game that was). I had never finished wild Arms so I set about doing so. It's held up remarkably well despite the weeble-looking battle graphics. )

I've also been playing Arc The Lad Twilight of Spirits and Dragon Quest 8, both titles I never got to finish but found cheap so I started them again. I don't have much free time but I'm slowly making my way through them.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm playing Mass Effect and, really, I'm impressed with it! Far more than I expect!

I mean, the universe is based off ONE magic rule: Element Zero creates a field that changes based off electric charge. If you put a positive current through it, it increases the mass of everything around it. If you put a negative current through it, it makes everything have less mass.

Everything else is based on that idea, and its all...really sound, scientifically speaking! Its a really really GOOD sci-fi universe!

My only complaint is the clothes.

I mean, skintight clothes on girls is cool, but...dosn't it get kinda uncomfortable?

Also, the characters are all good (Despite the bad guy being a bit one dimensional) and the combat is fun. Oh and the Normandy is really cool :D

Last edited:

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
Mass Effect is bad ass.

Did you sleep with the Consort or did you miss that one?

And, the last game I played- Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars.

Which, as it turns out, was really a point and click game released in 1996 under the name, Circle of Blood.

so, yeah. I was pissed.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I never really saw Specters as Jedi.

For one thing, Jedi are more of a quasi-religious order. If anything, Specters are just really high level special agents.

If anything, you're more like 007.

With a space ship.