Last Game you have played...

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
You know, I never really saw Specters as Jedi.

For one thing, Jedi are more of a quasi-religious order. If anything, Specters are just really high level special agents.

If anything, you're more like 007.

With a space ship.
and the force. and a positive/negative morality. and your the cops for the galaxy.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Biotics and the force are totally different.

One is a hokey religion that makes no real sense if you look at it, and the other is consistent semi-scientific power thingy.

And Specters are not *cops*. Cops have due process and limits. Specters are more like general all purpose agents, who do what the Council mandates.

The Jedi are semi-autonomous (though it appears that they will listen to the Republic when they feel like it) and have more of a diplomatic outlook.

Also, Specters have awesome awesome awesome guns.

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
Baldur's Gate II, if memory serves. That or the next one in the series. Dug out Might & Magic VI the other day...and am thinking about reinstalling MMVII.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Got Disgaea 3. This generation of consoles has been hurting for games in the turn-based department, but since this title recently got patched for trophies, I figured I'd give it a spin. A little intimidating at first, but nothing I haven't seen before.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I started up a new Final Fantasy XII file yesterday. Just felt like it. That and watching the 7 minutes of awesome that is the E3 FFXIII trailer has got me itching for some RPG action.

JoshW

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.purevolume.com
Wild Arms, although I'm about to finish it after all these years.

Wild Arms was great. I beat it back in the 90s, but not without scouring the internet for strategies (we had dial-up back then, ouch). The puzzles in the later parts of that game are HARD!

I picked up Lord of the Rings Online and I lost interest in pretty much all my other games. I still power up my Wii every now and then, but I don't play it as obsessively as I once did.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Baldur's Gate II, if memory serves. That or the next one in the series. Dug out Might & Magic VI the other day...and am thinking about reinstalling MMVII.

Our household's been addicted to Baldur's Gate for years. Try Champions, Return to Arms--the sequel with twice the scenes and excusions.

Tri

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Game of the Year Edition to hit and then I'll probably sell off my current copy and pick that up.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Neverwinter Nights 2. :)

Started a new game yesterday.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com

Our household's been addicted to Baldur's Gate for years. Try Champions, Return to Arms--the sequel with twice the scenes and excusions.
You should try the Tactics mod for BG2 and ToB. Forces you to use a party instead of just soloing (where possible) your way through.

Speaking of that, I still enjoy going back and soloing BG2 on the harder difficulty settings with various odd classes. The kensai/mage dual-class is overpowered for BG2, so try that with your first solo game. Start as kensai, then dual to mage at 9 or 12. If you want to own up ToB solo, you'll need something that scales better at high experience.

And don't forget the fixpack.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
I'm climbing the learning curve on Sins of a Solar Empire. It's been quite a while since I played any real time strategy games, but this one is shaping up to be pretty fun. It's got more depth than Starcraft, but seems pretty well balanced. PC Gamer loved it (editor's choice at about 91%, IIRC)

I haven't done a whole lot beyond familiarizing myself with the interface, but apparently the game can be won either by blowing stuff up or developing your culture to the point where they just surrender to you. The economy has a lot of depth. The tech tree is huge (game of the year edition came with a largish poster as a reference).

If you broke down in tears when Blizzard pushed the release date of Starcraft II out to 2010, this might be worth a look.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Bookworm Adventures Deluxe.

*cough*

What? It's good for expanding my vocab! :D

Oh, and a bit of NWN2. Love that game.

Last edited:

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
I'm climbing the learning curve on Sins of a Solar Empire. It's been quite a while since I played any real time strategy games, but this one is shaping up to be pretty fun. It's got more depth than Starcraft, but seems pretty well balanced. PC Gamer loved it (editor's choice at about 91%, IIRC)

I haven't done a whole lot beyond familiarizing myself with the interface, but apparently the game can be won either by blowing stuff up or developing your culture to the point where they just surrender to you. The economy has a lot of depth. The tech tree is huge (game of the year edition came with a largish poster as a reference).

If you broke down in tears when Blizzard pushed the release date of Starcraft II out to 2010, this might be worth a look.

Still PBEM-ing in War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition. I'm the little Solar Empire of the Rising Sun and we seem to have taken the blowing up stuff approach. No sign of anyone surrendering though I can now refuel a fleet or two in Borneo from time to time. Maybe the Emperor is impressed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Rescript_to_Soldiers_and_Sailors

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Bookworm Adventures Deluxe.

*cough*

What? It's good for expanding my vocab! :D

Oh, and a bit of NWN2. Love that game.

I love Bookworm. I can play it all day. I like games that make you think (just like I like books and TV shows and movies that make you think). My husband tells me the stuff I like gives him a headache.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
:D

I generally go for more "hardcore" games, but Bookworm is soooo much fun! It combines two of my favourite things: Words, and killing stuff. :D