Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I love it when things accidentally come together :p

I decided to build a water ladder down to bedrock on my first world, where I already had some stuff built, just to try it out.
I made the ladder, but then I screwed up and built up around the ladder entrace/exit, and then I found I couldn't leave. So I had to dig a staircase up the surface. A few levels up, I found an absolutely beutriful lava fall and waterfall, both right next to each other, and another pool of source lava below. They act as a natural cobblestone and obsidian generator.
Couldn't have designed anything better.
Then I turned right then and kept going up, and once I reached the surface, where should I emerge but almost exactly on top of my second base. So I covered up part of the stairs and then just connected my base to the rest of the stairs. Voila.
Now I'm thinking of getting a ton of glass and building a giant arboretum for my trees, starting from my stone air bridge that connects my two bases.
Edit: (Awful lot of "I" in that paragraph...)

BTW, did you know lava won't hurt your chests if they're sunk in the floor?

Last edited:

Ludicrum

Registered
Reaction score
Played it for 3 days, built a house and a pool, mined a ton of ore including diamonds, then stopped because I knew that if I continued my book would never be finished.

magicmint

Registered
Reaction score
Played it for 3 days, built a house and a pool, mined a ton of ore including diamonds, then stopped because I knew that if I continued my book would never be finished.
It is super addicting. The only game I ever spent 12 hours straight playing.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Well, 1.6 came out, than all the SMPs decided to get fickle.
Thankfully Notch is in the office and working on the problem., but we're up to 1.6.5 already and it's still not fixed :(
Is this normal for MC updates?

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Notch has already mentioned patch 1.7 Apparently it will be an "Adventure update." So hopefully something to add/improve/alter the more roaming and combat-oriented aspects of the game.

1.6.6 should be out the week of 5/29. Hopefully it will settle whatever is up with the SMPs.

lastoneinspace

Hopeless Venturer
Registered
Reaction score
Firstly, yes, these bugs are common with MC updates. Usually they aren't this bad but in the current state of things many major bugs aren't caught before patch releases (yes, yes, its a beta game, I know).

Secondly, I play on a really large multiplayer server. I wont just randomly plug it because that's not the point of this. I just wanted to say that that server has sustained my love for minecraft x 1000. Building epic towns is epic, and seeing all of the other epic towns is more epic. Granted, it is an RPG server so it adds non-vanilla features, but there definitely is a lot being offered in the multiplayer scene.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Me and a small group of people are making an SMP to recreate and play in a world based on a webcomic we all read. I'm also in an MLP themed server, in which I am currently at work constructing a tower in the middle of the ocean. It was empty ocean before I came along and built a 43x43 platform on it. Now I'm building the walls up to sky limit, and simultaneously constructing glass walls below the water line, after which I need to pump all the water out with gravel. Should take a few more weeks at my current rate. I'm so far out from spawn that must other people are hesitant to come help, the only people who can reach me in under a day are the OPs with teleporting.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Server takes so long to update...guess I'll do a little single-player.

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I found out why I can't get on my usual MLP MC server.
Ap
parently one of the OPs thought it would be fund to detonate a few thousand TNT, all at once.
It kinda screwed things up.

You can see the hole it made here:

http://bloodisgood.org/minecraft/pony/#/1530/64/149/-1

Now the entire map needs to be processed to get rid of the TnT . . .

ETA: Imma build a "realistic" as possible underground home.

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't played 1.8 yet so I can't say.
But it doesn't seem like it depleted quickly enough to be too annoying.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what you're doing. If you're building high up or you're under water moving around then the energy bar starts going down a bit quicker. Else it's ok. Obviously just keep a stash of food on you at all times.

Snowball2695

Registered
Reaction score
I play it here and there, mainly because I don't have complete access to a computer.
But I try an play it any time I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.