Any Pokemon Trainers around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyblather

Registered
Reaction score
Yes! Pokemon! :)

I love my team. I have a Delphox, a Lapras, a Venusaur, a Lucario, a Pidgeot, and a Doublade. I'm at the six badge mark...but I'm kinda running out of steam, even though I love the game. I left Exp. Share on the whole time, and now I'm super overlevelled for everything. I'm considering starting over, turning of Exp. Share, and doing a Nuzlocke, just so it's challenging again. Though I would hate to lose my team...argh. :/

Dysnomia

Drowning in the depthless sea
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! Pokemon! :)

I love my team. I have a Delphox, a Lapras, a Venusaur, a Lucario, a Pidgeot, and a Doublade. I'm at the six badge mark...but I'm kinda running out of steam, even though I love the game. I left Exp. Share on the whole time, and now I'm super overlevelled for everything. I'm considering starting over, turning of Exp. Share, and doing a Nuzlocke, just so it's challenging again. Though I would hate to lose my team...argh. :/

Oh damn. I know how you feel. Torchic's Exp are all boosted. So right now... My Blaziken's wayyy ahead of the rest of my team and everything can be quickly resolved by using him. Thankfully unlike your team, I think the rest of my team's on the right level. heheh.

Don't start over, though! Just keep going! It will be a complete waste :\ What levels are your Pokemon?

Nautilus

Registered
Reaction score
Heheh. All these ripe targets for my froakie to wipe the floor with.

I'm between the seventh and eighth gyms at the moment, doing some grinding to get my newest pokemon caught up to the others. They're all gen 6 so I guess I shouldn't list them?

PSA: Make sure to download the patch from the store if you haven't already. Without it, the game can get stuck when loading a save in parts of Lumiose City.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Finally, someone who didn't get the fox XD Thanks for the tip about the patch.

I caught Snorlax last night before quitting for the night. Managed to connect to the internet finally, but then I couldn't get the mystery gift to load, so I'm still short one Torchic :(

wittyblather

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, I'm normally not a fire starter person at all. I just loved Fennekin's design. And come on, Fire/Psychic? Can you get anymore badass?

Anyway, I don't have my 3ds with me right now, but my pokemon are all around level 50. In any other game, I'd be grinding for the elite 4 at that level. I turned off the Exp. Share after I realized just how overlevelled I was, but I'm still basically blazing through everything without much of a challenge. Ah well, guess it'll be easy to defeat the rest of the game!

Dysnomia

Registered
Reaction score
They're all gen 6 so I guess I shouldn't list them?

PSA: Make sure to download the patch from the store if you haven't already. Without it, the game can get stuck when loading a save in parts of Lumiose City.

List them! I think it's fine. We probably won't know what they are until we Google their names anyway lol.

And oh, thanks for the heads up!!

I caught Snorlax last night before quitting for the night. Managed to connect to the internet finally, but then I couldn't get the mystery gift to load, so I'm still short one Torchic :(

Congrats on getting Snorlax! Are you gonna use him in your team? You have until Jan to get Torchic! No worries.

Haha, I'm normally not a fire starter person at all. I just loved Fennekin's design. And come on, Fire/Psychic? Can you get anymore badass?

Anyway, I don't have my 3ds with me right now, but my pokemon are all around level 50. In any other game, I'd be grinding for the elite 4 at that level. I turned off the Exp. Share after I realized just how overlevelled I was, but I'm still basically blazing through everything without much of a challenge. Ah well, guess it'll be easy to defeat the rest of the game!

Totally agree with that Fire/Psychic but I didn't know it until I had a Braixen and was wondering why was it learning Psybeam haha.

Yeah, I guess if you continue with Exp. Share you'll be pretty over leveled even for the Elite 4. Good luck!!

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congrats on getting Snorlax! Are you gonna use him in your team? You have until Jan to get Torchic! No worries.

Totally agree with that Fire/Psychic but I didn't know it until I had a Braixen and was wondering why was it learning Psybeam haha.

Nah, not likely. I'm just a rabid collector of things, so I GOTTA catch 'em all. No change to my party yet, although I kinda want to take the psychic kitty thing out for a stroll. It's so cute!

I'm SO glad to not have another fire/fighting starter. I mean, two gens, two of the same mixed type? C'mon.

Dysnomia

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, not likely. I'm just a rabid collector of things, so I GOTTA catch 'em all. No change to my party yet, although I kinda want to take the psychic kitty thing out for a stroll. It's so cute!

I'm SO glad to not have another fire/fighting starter. I mean, two gens, two of the same mixed type? C'mon.

Wish I had your spirit of Gotta Catch 'em All :\ Only managed to do that for Emerald.. The psychic kitty pissed me off when I was trying to figure what Type it was while battling my rival..

And yes, glad we had a different mix. And it's three gens actually. @_@

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wish I had your spirit of Gotta Catch 'em All :\ Only managed to do that for Emerald.. The psychic kitty pissed me off when I was trying to figure what Type it was while battling my rival..

And yes, glad we had a different mix. And it's three gens actually. @_@

....*checks online pokedex* Oh man, you're right. I totally forgot about Tepig. :e2bummed: All the shame. I am not a Pokemon master.

I'm not, like, trade-with-everyone-100%-pokedex insane. I haven't done that since Red and Blue. But I do try to catch everything that's catchable, and in Black/White2 I tried to breed all the babies and pre-evolved forms we didn't get naturally in the grass. Good ol' Ditto.

Dysnomia

Registered
Reaction score
....*checks online pokedex* Oh man, you're right. I totally forgot about Tepig. :e2bummed: All the shame. I am not a Pokemon master.

I'm not, like, trade-with-everyone-100%-pokedex insane. I haven't done that since Red and Blue. But I do try to catch everything that's catchable, and in Black/White2 I tried to breed all the babies and pre-evolved forms we didn't get naturally in the grass. Good ol' Ditto.

Nah, you've played Pokemon for such a long while now. You are a Pokemon master!

Ooh woah that's fantastic. I hate breeding. No patience for that. And aww trading in Red and Blue... *Misses the cable*

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Nah, you've played Pokemon for such a long while now. You are a Pokemon master!

Ooh woah that's fantastic. I hate breeding. No patience for that. And aww trading in Red and Blue... *Misses the cable*

Man, just think. 15 years ago, 151 pokemon, trading via cable from two feet apart. We never imagined we'd be playing it in 3D and trading without ever even seeing the people we're getting pokemon from.

It was really easy in Black and White 2 for some reason. Maybe I never really tried before, but I just biked around outside for a minute or two and boom, egg. At some points I swear I had 1 pokemon and 5 eggs to hatch, desperately hoping I wouldn't run into something wild or a trainer I missed.

Last edited:

Dysnomia

Registered
Reaction score
Man, just think. 15 years ago, 151 pokemon, trading via cable from two feet apart. We never imagined we'd be playing it in 3D and trading without ever even seeing the people we're getting pokemon from.

YES. So true. The changes in Pokemon are pretty darn drastic and I really love how they've improved.

It was really easy in Black and White 2 for some reason. Maybe I never really tried before, but I just biked around outside for a minute or two and boom, egg. At some points I swear I had 1 pokemon and 5 eggs to hatch, desperately hoping I wouldn't run into something wild or a trainer I missed.

Lol! That's hilarious! Did all of them hatch at the same time? Or roughly the same time? All I remember about breeding and hatching eggs was that in Emerald, it seemed to take a really longggg time. @_@ Cycling from the end of Verdanturf town to Route 118... Rinse and repeat. Might just be me, though. Since then, nope, only gonna breed if I really have to.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
YES. So true. The changes in Pokemon are pretty darn drastic and I really love how they've improved.

Lol! That's hilarious! Did all of them hatch at the same time? Or roughly the same time? All I remember about breeding and hatching eggs was that in Emerald, it seemed to take a really longggg time. @_@ Cycling from the end of Verdanturf town to Route 118... Rinse and repeat. Might just be me, though. Since then, nope, only gonna breed if I really have to.

Nah, different times, in different orders. I made sure to keep a fire type as my one pokemon because I remember it at least used to be the case that certain ones made eggs hatch faster when in your party. It was always fun to see who was hatching when the bike would suddenly stop. The only one I couldn't get was Budew. I kept getting its evolved form from the egg. :Huh:

Dysnomia

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, different times, in different orders. I made sure to keep a fire type as my one pokemon because I remember it at least used to be the case that certain ones made eggs hatch faster when in your party. It was always fun to see who was hatching when the bike would suddenly stop. The only one I couldn't get was Budew. I kept getting its evolved form from the egg. :Huh:

Haha aww. Oo fire type pokemons can make eggs hatch faster? Damn, never knew this @_@

Nautilus

Registered
Reaction score
List them! I think it's fine. We probably won't know what they are until we Google their names anyway lol.

Mm, true. Greninja, Heliolisk, Malamar, Aurorus, Dragalgae, Gourgeist, Trevenant, Yveltal, and Noivern. We don't believe in being limited to six pokemon. :>

I just may try to finish my 'Dex this round. Never done it before. Yeah!

Aye, the abilities Flame Body and Magma Armor half the number of steps it takes for eggs to hatch.

Dysnomia

Registered
Reaction score
Mm, true. Greninja, Heliolisk, Malamar, Aurorus, Dragalgae, Gourgeist, Trevenant, Yveltal, and Noivern. We don't believe in being limited to six pokemon. :>

I just may try to finish my 'Dex this round. Never done it before. Yeah!

Aye, the abilities Flame Body and Magma Armor half the number of steps it takes for eggs to hatch.

Wow, that's an interesting team you have there. I wish I was more creative with my team like you are! So which do you usually use?

Good luck with completing the Pokedex! And have fun at it!

And ahh I see. Thanks for the heads up! (Has not been so into the Pokemon games after Emerald)

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Put in a few more hours last night. Team now consists of Charmeleon, Fennekin form 2 (It's hard to remember pokemon names when you nickname them. He is the very original name "Mozilla"), Honedge, Inkley, Vivillion, and Skiddo. Still not at the second gym. I just got the sail fossil. My husband is unhappy that I didn't take the T-Rex one.

Dysnomia

Registered
Reaction score
Put in a few more hours last night. Team now consists of Charmeleon, Fennekin form 2 (It's hard to remember pokemon names when you nickname them. He is the very original name "Mozilla"), Honedge, Inkley, Vivillion, and Skiddo. Still not at the second gym. I just got the sail fossil. My husband is unhappy that I didn't take the T-Rex one.

LOL at Mozilla. That made me laugh. Cool and fitting name! (It's Braixen btw!) And here's another cool team. :O

Yeah, the break between the first and second gym is pretty long. This 'break' happens for quite a bit until the 4th gym or so. Haha, I took the T-Rex one. Now am kinda regretting it.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
LOL at Mozilla. That made me laugh. Cool and fitting name! (It's Braixen btw!) And here's another cool team. :O

Yeah, the break between the first and second gym is pretty long. This 'break' happens for quite a bit until the 4th gym or so. Haha, I took the T-Rex one. Now am kinda regretting it.

What else do you name a firefox? :tongue And thanks. I can never remember the vowels of "Braixen". It's like "I know there's a B. And an X."

The Inkley is so cute! When I saw my first one, it was like "YAY, water type! ...why is it using a psychic ability?" *catch* "It's... psychic/dark?! :Wha: Hopes deleted. But I'm still gonna use it."

Nautilus

Registered
Reaction score
I mostly just picked ones I thought looked neat, heh. I swap them around every five levels or so.

Inkay! Suction Cups or Contrary? And what kind of water-type are you looking for?

Edit: Caught some ditto, if anyone wants baby starters or anything. :>

Last edited:

Dysnomia

Registered
Reaction score
The Inkley is so cute! When I saw my first one, it was like "YAY, water type! ...why is it using a psychic ability?" *catch* "It's... psychic/dark?! :Wha: Hopes deleted. But I'm still gonna use it."

Haha aww. I know, some of the Pokemons' appearances are just misleading. You can no longer tell from it's looks like before. Which is fun, though. Keep hitting them with every different attack Type until you get that "It's super effective!" line.

I mostly just picked ones I thought looked neat, heh. I swap them around every five levels or so.

That's great for you! I can't seem to find that many 'neat' looking ones for me. Guess a small, unconscious part of me is a Genwunner lol.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Inkay! Suction Cups or Contrary? And what kind of water-type are you looking for?

Edit: Caught some ditto, if anyone wants baby starters or anything. :>

It has contrary, though it's been moved out of the party. New team is Charizard, 3rd form Fennekin (made sure he evolved before gym 3), Gogoat (my new best friend), Honedge, Hawlucha, and Amaura.

I also feel like a total scrub because it took me until TODAY to figure out where Pokémon-amie and the global trade system and everything was. That's what I get for not playing around with the bottom screen. I kept waiting to find a building where it was done or explained to me. :e2smack:

Sephirotha

Registered
Reaction score
Finding Pokemon relatively easy and pretty quick, I got through the game in about two days. I'm now breeding Pokemon to get shines and so far, I have a Shiny Kingdra, so happy XD
My starter was Fennekin and my Kanto starter was Charmander. My current team are my Charizard, Zoroark, Absol, Lucario and Dragonite, Delphox is in the Day Care Centre for breeding.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have yet to get a shiny. I do, however, have the pokerus some nice person traded to me if anyone needs it. I've been mainly breeding, trading, and leveling for pokedex completion since I beat the E4. My final team ended up being Charizard, Delphox, Lapras, Dragonite, Gogoat, and Bisharp.

Also, it's ridiculous some of the things people have in the GTS wanting legendaries in exchange for. I may want a Budew, but I'm not giving you my Xerneas for it, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.