Status
Not open for further replies.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I completed the Elite 4 a few days ago, faffing around with the endgame content now (that 8 - 9pm restriction is a nuisance) so if anyone wants to swap friend codes let me know by rep, PM, Twitter @emaree, whatever you fancy. Will be able to add people tomorrow since it's midnight over here.

The endgame content is decent but the new Ace Attorney game has been stealing all my attention.

Dysnomia

Drowning in the depthless sea
Registered
Reaction score
Oh woah, been a while since I've been here :) How do you guys know your friend code number? Still a newbie at this friend-ing and playing with others thing :\

How's everyone doing with their games? I got bored with mine after completing (I think?) the story after the 7th gym... Oh, I guess exams and school stuff played a part too. But. Mostly got bored. Guess I will continue with it over the winter..

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Oh woah, been a while since I've been here :) How do you guys know your friend code number? Still a newbie at this friend-ing and playing with others thing :\

How's everyone doing with their games? I got bored with mine after completing (I think?) the story after the 7th gym... Oh, I guess exams and school stuff played a part too. But. Mostly got bored. Guess I will continue with it over the winter..

On the home screen of your 3DS, click the smileyface on the top. You should see your Mii on there. The friend code is under your Mii if you scroll to it. You can register a friend by being on the smileyface and clicking Register Friend on the top. It looks like if only you have them registered, you can't do anything, but if they register you back, you'll have access to their Friend Safari (unlocked after the E4).

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm watching the movie Genesect and the Legend Awakened on YTV with Mewtwo being a keyrole as Mewtwo Y.. and just... argghh!! So outraged right now! They changed Mewtwo's voice to being a female and it's not like it's a different Mewtwo because (der there's only one) and they even acknowledge it's the same one through flashbacks... I love Mewtwo's character from all the previous movies but changing the voice (not just to being a female, just changing it that drastically) bothers me to know end. I would feel the same way if they reversed it. It's like.. is there no concept of continuity at all?

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Really? I thought it was a different one. The internet was wrong!? Haha. I was under the impression that it was not the same Mewtwo. I mean yeah they said there was only one but...I dunno, it seems like if they could make one they should be able to make another one. Yes the original Mewtwo destroyed their lab, but some of the scientists like Blaine and Mr. Fuji did survive so.../shrug.

Anyway, last month I got a 3DS from a friend for a great price and of course Pokemon Y was the first game I got. So far the only one too lol. Beat the Elite Four quite awhile ago and I'm now mostly breeding and trading and such. Finally got a team together that I can use in casual battles, I don't play competitively.

Pokebank was released in Japan last week, making a large number of previously unobtainable Pokemon available, mostly starters and legendaries. I've collected up all of the non-legendary Pokebank-exclusive Pokemon so if anyone would like any of them just let me know and I can breed some for you. :)

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Bought a 3DS XL back when Pokemon X and Y came out just to play them. Curse your hardware exclusives, Nintendo! I played through most of Pokemon Y (chose Fennekin here, too), but then I got too busy just before the last gym and didn't finish yet.

Fast forward and I bought my niece a 3DS and Pokemon X. Didn't want to lose my Y save, so I started a new game on my copy of X (with Froakie this time). We're playing through it together now. She was sad when her Fennekin evolved, because she thought its original form was cuter, so I told her how she can breed another one when she gets a Ditto.

I need to go back and finish Pokemon Y, soon. I was in the middle of switching up my team and super training everyone.

Also?

Serena best girl.

I'm considering watching the anime this season just for her.

Last edited:

CosmicLibrary

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late to this thread! I just came across it. Is anyone out there still playing X&Y? I've been playing since day 1 :)

Who's excited for the Hoenn remakes???

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I actually hopped on yesterday to add a friend from here and ended up trading around for a few new pokemon, then grinding to evolve them. I don't play regularly anymore, but I still hop on from time to time to try and fill the pokedex.

I'm definitely psyched for the next games, although I admit I haven't played as much of them as I do the original titles. But I know I'm gonna get 'em anyway because I am an addict.

CosmicLibrary

Registered
Reaction score
Cool! Let me know if you're looking for any specific 'mon. I filled up my whole pokedex in X, which was the first time I did that since Pokémon Blue :)

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
I got X on release day and had some fun with it, but there's just not enough to do to keep me interested. Filling up the pokedex is too daunting for me to even try. I did it once in Pokemon Red and that's enough. :D And the online battles are too hardcore for me.
Still looking forward to the Hoenn remakes, but I hope they up the difficulty of the gym leaders this time. X and Y were way too easy.
And I hope they'll do the multiple languages thing again. I'm stuck with a Japanese 3DS, and while I don't mind gaming in Japanese, Pokemon needs to be German for me.

Angelic Randomness

Registered
Reaction score
I'm the Wanderer. I like to travel between worlds
Oh hey, Pokemon fans :)

Even though I don't have WiFi on my 3DS (WHHHHHY?!), I still enjoy playing 3DS games. I have Pokemon X, and have beat it about twice now. I'm going to try and finish off my third run today after I got distracted by a couple of other games and the announcement of Hoenn remakes.

Speaking of the Hoenn remakes, Generation 3 was when I started playing Pokemon. My first main series game was Ruby, and I mainly used my level 100 Blaziken to win battles. I LOVED him. Unfortunately, my poor Blaziken died when my cartridge glitched up. I think the cause could've been dirt from it lying under the couch. I don't know.

By the way, does anyone have shiny Pokemon? I have a Japanese Togetic (Not sure if hacked. I got him in a Wonder Trade.), a Pansear named OneTimeUse (Funny story how that came to be.), and a Pyroar that I found in the wild as a Litleo yesterday. There's also a Lillipup named "Wha...?" (She decided to arrive a day after OneTimeUse. I was rather surprised, which led to the stupid name) that I caught, but she's in my sister's Y game now.

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have WiFi either. :D
Never had any shinies except for one Pichu, and they don't look that spectacular. My first main game Pokemon was Pokemon Red, and the first run through I beat everything with my Blastoise. Good times. :D

CosmicLibrary

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, like, all the gens and everything? I think I'm at 560 out of 718/9 so I still have a ways to go.

Yup! :) The only thing I don't have is all the event pokemon. I only have mew which I was lucky to win from a tumblr contest, and celebi from pokemon bank. But you don't need the event pokemon to complete the pokedex. They're considered extras.

Let me know if you're looking for any particular pokemon and I can help you out :)

I do have several shinies too. My favourites are a shiny blastoise and ivysaur :)

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
I have a mew in Pokemon Red. I recently dug it out only to test the glitch that lets you catch one. :D

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Oh dearie dear! This is too funny. I take my son to Pokemon League every Saturday. We play the TCG in league and in tournaments.

I am verclempt because I can't get a pyroar, but I gave my mega charizard Ex to him for a few trainer cards.

One day, no one wqas showing up to League, and I bought a trainer deck. It was all downhill from there.

However! I did win a release event, and got THIS!!!!
http://www.99perfume.com/Air_Val_International/POKEMON_Perfume.html
I'll probably be back online once NASCAR is over.

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Man, am I the only tcg player here? I am depressed.

I played a long, long time ago. Like, gold/silver cards had just started to roll out and holographic Charizard was the prize of the pack, long ago. My grades weren't too hot in school, so my parents pulled me out of the league. I still have all my cards though. Including my holographic Charizard.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I am glad I'm not the only one! I pulled a secret rare mega-charizard ex today! My son usually gets all of the awesome cards I pull, but he didn't try to trade me for it.
We both play in League. :)

Your card may be worth a lot now.

Last edited:

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
Classic Charizards still go for a bundle on ebay, depending on the condition of course. I still go and buy a pack every now and then when the nostalgia hits me, and I still have the majority of them too... but in my school when I was a kid, nobody actually knew how to play, it was all about the trading.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I remember I used to make the WORST decks that should never have worked. Like, I'd throw three or four different types together and pop in a few energies of each type. Yet somehow, I'd always manage to get what I needed and win. Whenever I made type-specific decks, I'd lose. Made no sense.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I remember I used to make the WORST decks that should never have worked. Like, I'd throw three or four different types together and pop in a few energies of each type. Yet somehow, I'd always manage to get what I needed and win. Whenever I made type-specific decks, I'd lose. Made no sense.

Making decks can be addictive! It is hard to not include certain cards just because they are shiny and look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.