MMORPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Sounds like EA/BioWares running of Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'd still recommend it, though, if you don't mind paying $15 a month (The F2P is boned though, in my opinion.)

Also Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn (if you like JRPGs). Can get a little bit grindy when you get close to the level cap, though. But it looks god damn amazing, in my opinion and is pretty fun if you're playing it with friends. You can also fish, like, actually go fishing. For Fish. And you can mine, and chop down trees. That blew my mind when I first played it.

All F2P games make more money than P2P games because of the in game stores.

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
I didn't care for LOTRO, but I play DDO constantly. Yes, there's some money grubbing since WB bought out Turbine, but it's still a very fun game. My fiancé and I started F2P, but if you spend any money at all on the game you get a better deal than the F2P players. You don't have to pay monthly to be VIP, you can just purchase stuff you want ala carte. We don't do the VIP thing, but we've bought extra content, etc.

The good thing is you can try it out F2P and see if you like the game without spending any money up front. I've been playing for years and I haven't gotten bored yet.

Rags99

Grendizer go!
Registered
Reaction score
The Secret World is one of my favorite MMOs ever, and trust me, I have played quite a few. It was so different in such an elegant way, and as a writer you'll definitely appreciate the writing in the game, both the dialogue and lore.

I played this a lot when it came out, but haven't been back in a while. Is there new stuff to do? I've been thinking about going back.

Another vote for The Secret World. Lots of puzzles, riddles and you can team up with any friends at any time, level dont really matter.

Creepy atmoshpere and down right addictive quests. Fantastic fun with friends over chat. It is very different from the other MMO's, especially good if you are burned out on WOW or GW2 style MMO's.

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Man, now I'm going to have to check out The Secret World since everyone is giving it kudos.

Yourg

Registered
Reaction score
I recently began playing GG2 and am enjoying it. It's my first mmorpg. I'm definitely interested in The Secret World now too. Might give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.