Steam Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
November 26 to December 2.

Time to bust out the wishlist and see what's no longer on Early Access.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, wtf? The last couple of days, about 70% of the features and recommended games I already own. Why the hell would they show me stuff I already have? What am I going to do, but it twice?

Annoying.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, wtf? The last couple of days, about 70% of the features and recommended games I already own. Why the hell would they show me stuff I already have? What am I going to do, but it twice?

Annoying.
Yeah, it's a little silly.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
That bugs me too. Occasionally I'll buy extras of a game for friends, but it's pretty rare.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Bumping for Christmas.

If anyone is thinking of a Steam card as a stocking stuffer, learn from my frustrating experience! The discussions on-site say they're available at several places, including 7-11.

Not. :gaah

Hie thee to Wal-Mart ONLY. Our local supergigantichumongus WalMart had 4 gift-card kiosks in the front of the store. Three were identical and did not have Steam cards. The fourth which was built slightly differently, had... 3 left. :hooray:

I startled a fellow shopper with my whoop of relief, and snagged two of the beasties.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
The auction thing is a bit pointless for the casual gamer.

Exactly. It does no good for the people who don't play many games or who prefer to sell their trading cards and get a few cents towards another game than trade them in for a background and a emoticon.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
GOG had their winter sale early so they wouldn't compete.
I actually didn't buy much from Steam last year, maybe nothing. We'll see about this year. Maybe if Shadow of Mordor drops to 30 or below.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
And once again, I'm seeing mostly games I own. When they show up as the daily specials, that's fine. Those should be highlighted. But, as I scroll down, about 70% of what I'm seeing I already have. (Which is to say I probably have an addiction of some kind, but still, why the hell would the show something I already own??)

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
TotalBiscuit puts up a daily video about the featured deals during Steam Sales: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGuHGy7G3dk

They're good for about 48 hours, since you can get yesterday's deals at the same price. He'll likely have the new one up pretty quick.

It's something that might help folks on the fence about a game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.