Welcome, Lurkers!

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
Whoops, lol! I just glanced quickly through it for sexual content, almost literally glancing through for keywords. That'll teach me to do a more thorough read. But there is a publisher for everything, if you look hard enough.

White

friendly white tiger
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tailsrefuge.com
Whoops, lol! I just glanced quickly through it for sexual content, almost literally glancing through for keywords. That'll teach me to do a more thorough read. But there is a publisher for everything, if you look hard enough.

No, that's okay. I can understand that. I know furry stuff isn't for everyone. Maybe at some point you could have a proper read through, if you want too. It would be nice to know what you think. But I wont twist your arm.

I kinda dont really need one, not for this. It's kind of you to say, but my audience for these pieces of work is the furry community in general, mostly through forums.

BeeGem

The one with the gemstone eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Bee, I'm new to AW, and relatively new to writing erotica.

Since this is one of the reasons I joined AW (I've only got a couple of people I can talk to about writing in real life, and no-one at all who is interested in erotica) and I plan to actually frequent rather than just lurk in the erotica forum, I thought I better come in here and say hello before I bombard you all with stupid newbie questions.

:hi:

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Bee!:)

Hello everyone,

Since this is one of the reasons I joined AW (I've only got a couple of people I can talk to about writing in real life, and no-one at all who is interested in erotica) and I plan to actually frequent rather than just lurk in the erotica forum, I thought I better come in here and say hello before I bombard you all with stupid newbie questions.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely a refuge for lots of us.

Yesterday I met with an AW friend who also writes erotica (but who doesn't come here, for reasons of her own) and although we tried to keep our voices down, apparently the young women seated behind me were shocked again and again. Man, we should have announced titles for them to check out.

Maryn, just awful at self-promotion

BeeGem

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for making me feel so welcome :)

I understand what you mean about this being a refuge. I got the password for the protected part of the forum just after I joined and I was so relieved to have finally found somewhere where there were people I could share this with, and where I could ask honest questions and get honest answers.

I'm 32, and I've never been shy about writing about sex, but it's only recently that I've come to understand erotica as a genre and started to write in it. I know I have a lot to learn, and I was at a loss for where I was going to go for help. Even the other writers I know are just not interested, so I'm really glad I came here. I've already made some notes on threads other people started, asking questions I needed answers for too.

Missed opportunity, Maryn! Next time you should definitely throw in some titles for them to pick up once they're done pretending they're not listening. ;)

Last edited:

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Welcome, Bee! As others have said, this place is a refuge. I tend to get a nervous tick and feel the urge to breathe into a paper bag if I'm away from it for too long.

BeeGem

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Bee! As others have said, this place is a refuge. I tend to get a nervous tick and feel the urge to breathe into a paper bag if I'm away from it for too long.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to end up like that myself, Beachgirl.

Last night I read all 31 pages of the "turn off/gag me words" thread and nearly died laughing. Had a conversation with my mother in the middle of it and read some of them out to her - she's still trying to bleach her brain this morning. :evil

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I read all 31 pages of the "turn off/gag me words" thread and nearly died laughing. Had a conversation with my mother in the middle of it and read some of them out to her - she's still trying to bleach her brain this morning. :evil

Yep, you're going to fit in quite nicely here. :D

BeeGem

Registered
Reaction score
That thread should be required reading. :tongue

Yep, you're going to fit in quite nicely here. :D

When I told my mother I'd started writing erotica, the only part she took issue with was the "started", lol. She then proceeded to point out her "favourite pieces of filth" in my earlier writing that she'd read. Being an erotica writer = not an issue in my family. :D

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, BeeGem! And thanks for your feedback on my Lucifer story.

Maryn, my erotica writers group meets at a restaurant, and we don't bother much with being quiet. I remember once when a waitress was approaching, she overheard something particularly salacious, did a 180 and walked away without missing a beat, lol. Other servers have joined in on the discussions. I'm really fortunate to have such a group, but we only meet twice a month. I love being able to hang out here all the time. This gang is very supportive, and doesn't seem to mind when I over-share. :-D

BMajor

Probably judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all!

I've posted in New Blue before, with the hopes of coming here often. Hehe.. we see how that worked out.

Family stuff, school stuff, life stuff. It all happens. Still really nervous writing this "hello," even though I've been here for a while. I just wanted to post in here and say that I'm interested in the frequent flyer program.. you guys have that, right?! :D Although I've been a member since last year, I've been floating around from forum to forum.. I'm just looking for a community that writes the same things I do (mostly Erotica, some Rom, and maybe some darker stuff) :evil Is that so much to ask?!

I've been working on a WIP that I've been tackling for a while, and I've just started to buckle down and get it finished. I'm starting to have a TON of questions, so I've found myself back in this neck of the woods.. again. :)

I got my password a loooong time ago, and would love to join you guys. Room for one more??

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We'll squeeze you in somehow. Hell, it can't be any worse than me trying on bathing suits this morning, right? (When is a 16 not a 16? At Macy's!)

It sounds like the stuff you like to write is very much in sync with many of our members, so please pencil us in for frequent visits, okay?

Maryn, whose real life is more cooperative than some

BMajor

Probably judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Maryn! :)

I've been lurking around these parts for a while, and you guys seem friendly considering the nature of our.. passions. See what I did there.. eeeh nevermind. Thank you for a warm welcome!

You're a braver woman than I.. I don't go within 300 ft of department store swimsuit sections. ;P

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had to. See, I own two bathing suits. The one that's at least a decade old has a small hole in the crotch which was once really tiny but is now a little bigger every time I put it on. The other, a cheapie from Target, had these weird Styrofoam-like inserts which tucked into pockets to form a half-assed bra. That stuff floats, as I learned when one wafted up and out and into the Atlantic.

I bought an old lady suit, as befitting my advanced years and thighs. (My daughter texted that it wasn't so bad after I sent her a picture of it on the hanger.)

I may still buy a better one with a real bra, though. Or maybe try to sew an old bra into the Target one.

Maryn, knowing even women with great bodies hate buying swimwear

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, BMajor! What you write fits in perfectly and there's always room for one more victim friend in New Blue! :D

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, BMajor!

Maryn, I hate trying on bathing suits. They're way worse than lingerie, which can at least be designed to flatter non-supermodel figures.

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First time posting on the erotica board, long-time lurker (well, long inasmuch as I've only been here a few weeks...)

I apologize in advance for my all my weird newbie questions!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to have you here, FCChen. You may find that many of your newbie questions have come up before if you know where to look. There's a Google Custom site search on the lower left corner of every page which is really good at finding key words and phrases, better that the site's main search function.

And of course reading a lot of erotic fiction of all types can guide you toward what's acceptable to what markets.

When that fails you, ask away. We've probably heard it all by now, and besides, it lets us get to know you.

Maryn, looking dorky with a hostess apron over her PJs

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Maryn! :) I'm definitely trying to peer around the forum and see if my question's already been answered. I don't want to seem like the dude who doesn't know how to find the right information himself, hehe!

I've definitely been reading a ton of erotic fiction, and thankfully the first draft of my first novel ever has just been finished! I'm having a beta reader or two look it over to see what they think, but I'm hoping to send a query letter about it soon. As for now, it's on to my next writing foray since I've lined up 2-3 more novel ideas.

For now, it's off to a little more research and outline and character building for my story! :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you're well on your way. Have you identified some likely prospects in terms of publishers? That's a biggie for most.

Maryn, whose biggie was waiting for one of those rare confident days

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
I actually have! I've been eyeing Loose-Id or Dreamspinner Press, to be exact, but I favor the former more than the latter if only because they do seem to be friendlier towards newer writers? I may be wrong, though! I'm a little excited because I hope it gets well-received, but otherwise it's mostly because I have this niggling, constant need for validation... XD

Last edited: