Middling It

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
DSF is a little backed up, btw. I just got a rejection from them at 23 days.

84 days at A&A. They've never kept anything of mine past 30-something. Don't know if I should be hopeful or despondent. (I hope it's not that they lost it.)

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone waiting on 42 Magazine? My submission has been with them for over 30 days but still is listed as received. Anyone know what is going on with them?

Datepalm

Registered
Reaction score
OMG! What I assume is a second tier bump from Shimmer. Timely and everything.

(and the first nice feedback i've had on a story from a market, er, ever.)

:Jump:

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Nice on the positive feedback from Shimmer, Datepalm! :e2cheer:

As for the waiting, I have two poems at A&A, 164 days each.

I have a 30 day at 42 Magazine and a 73 at Cellpoems.

My other submissions range from 2 days to 29.

Many crickets. They sing so nicely. :D

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Is ASIM backed up? 'Cause I subbed them two days ago and haven't received my confirmation email... unless "teh internetz" ate it. :e2teeth:

(Had to add the critter. :D)

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone waiting on 42 Magazine? My submission has been with them for over 30 days but still is listed as received. Anyone know what is going on with them?

I'm waiting for these guys -- at about 45 days now. I can't find an email to query them either... But tbh the whole of the writing world has essentially shut down over July and August. Activity just seems so low, just watch the RSS feed on DT for responses, there are like ten to twenty each day which is uber-low.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Is ASIM backed up? 'Cause I subbed them two days ago and haven't received my confirmation email... unless "teh internetz" ate it. :e2teeth:

(Had to add the critter. :D)

Confirmation doesn't always come immediately. It's not an auto response. Lucy usually gets it sent out within 1-7 days.

Prisoner24601

One Mouthy Broad
Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone else here submit to the Redneck Zombies from Outer Space short story anthology call last year? I've been middling it there for a whopping 294 days (after the editors pushed back their response times to after July 31st of this year) and am wondering if anyone else here is waiting. Duotrope hasn't had any movement on this anthology in months.

I'm trying not to let the waiting drive me crazy and just work on other stuff, but this is a long time to have a story out at one market and I'm wondering if it's dead or discontinued or something.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone else here submit to the Redneck Zombies from Outer Space short story anthology call last year? I've been middling it there for a whopping 294 days (after the editors pushed back their response times to after July 31st of this year) and am wondering if anyone else here is waiting. Duotrope hasn't had any movement on this anthology in months.

I'm trying not to let the waiting drive me crazy and just work on other stuff, but this is a long time to have a story out at one market and I'm wondering if it's dead or discontinued or something.

Oh man, I wish I'd known that had been pushed back, I love Michael Knost anthos (been in a couple) and he's a class act. Can't say for that one, but for the others it's a waiting game and then everything goes out at once, so all of a sudden you get that e-mail in your inbox and it's a happy end to a wait.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Rather proud of myself. I'm not exactly what you'd call an experienced author, so I've never had more than two stories out at once. Now I have 4 stories out at 4 different magazines, which is the most I've ever sent out at a single time, and I'm feeling quite chipper :D. Okay, I'm done bragging about a very small achievement :tongue you may continue.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Rather proud of myself. I'm not exactly what you'd call an experienced author, so I've never had more than two stories out at once. Now I have 4 stories out at 4 different magazines, which is the most I've ever sent out at a single time, and I'm feeling quite chipper :D. Okay, I'm done bragging about a very small achievement :tongue you may continue.

Congrats! That's something to be proud of. Enjoy these little moments. After 11 months my record is only 6 stories out at once (I'm a find-writing-time-when-I-can sort), so you're doing quite well.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm past my glory days of having 18+ stories making the rounds at once. At the moment I'm shopping around 10 originals and 3 reprints. Mostly because I've had a lot less time to resubmit old things and write new ones.

In round 2 with DSF and at 30 days at Buzzy, but all of my other submissions are babies. Except the one at Weird Tales, but no one has heard back from them yet, so I don't take the long wait there to be a good sign.

W.L. Marks

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Weird Tales has been silent. I'm wondering what's up over there.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! That's something to be proud of. Enjoy these little moments. After 11 months my record is only 6 stories out at once (I'm a find-writing-time-when-I-can sort), so you're doing quite well.

Exactly how I write :D Now I just need to get published...

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Well, I think this may officially be the longest I've gone with stories out in the wild without turn around (as far as rejections anyway, not counting the acceptance a couple of weeks ago).

I've got stories at 118 days, 111, 86, 48, and two 20's. Fortunately, I've got a new one primed and nearly ready to go, so at least I feel like I'm doing something other than waiting on R's!

W.L. Marks

Registered
Reaction score
Passed up to the board at Shimmer! I don't know what percentage of stories make it out of slush, but they're such a beautiful publication. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

W.L. Marks

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and A&A rejected someone at 97 days today, so we should keep hanging in there!

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I feel like it has been so long since I heard anything. I blame the end of summer and everyone trying to squeeze in last minute vacations or something like that. I have 15 stories out right now. Been waiting the longest on Indiana Review at 117 days. Many of my submissions are in the red on duotrope. I am ready for some responses!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I could use a few responses. Most of my crickets are still pretty young though. A&A (85 days) and McSweeney's Quarterly (128 days) are the oldest I've got out right now. Everything else is 29 days or younger.

Blah.

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
Anyone know what's up with Goldfish Grimms? I've had something there a long, long while and my query was ignored.

I'm not sure they're even moving. Duotrope says they've only got 13 responses pending. Maybe it's me, but when you've only got 13, by all means, clear the pile. It'd take what, maybe an afternoon? I don't know. I guess they run it the way they run it.

That said, I've only had my story there for 21 days, so I can't complain.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure they're even moving. Duotrope says they've only got 13 responses pending. Maybe it's me, but when you've only got 13, by all means, clear the pile. It'd take what, maybe an afternoon? I don't know. I guess they run it the way they run it.
You do realize that not everyone reports their subs on Duo, so even though it says 13 pending, it may really be 30 or 50. And since the editor hasn't been around in a bit (she's a member here), I'm going to assume she's very busy.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with Goldfish Grimms? I've had something there a long, long while and my query was ignored.

You should probably just query again. Brenda's about to have a baby any day now and I imagine they're busy. But my experience was they don't mind polite pokes to see where things stand.