congrats on all the bumps!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
4 submissions at 100+ days.
7 submissions at 30+ days.
Only 1 at 26 days and 1 at 1 day.

The average age of my crickets is the highest it's ever been.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I love it when I have a story that has been out longer than some replies listed on duotrope. Even when it has only been a few days, it is pretty exciting.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone waiting on Agni? They sent out dozens of rejections this weekend. My story is still holding on.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Made the top 10 for OTP's latest ("Time") contest. *gulp*
About 10 days 'til I find out if I've placed in the top 3 or scored an HM (and win prize money + get published), or get a detailed critique!

I'll head on over to the "Braggage" section when the contract gets here, but good news re: the OTP contest! :)

Good luck everyone with recent bumps and other middling...I'm still sort of middling with the other markets mentioned upthread (TNY, Literarian), but I'm finally back in the mode of improving/editing sitting stories and developing new ones.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Middling with aging crickets from several markets.

Sent a query to Analog today since I've hit the 90 day mark. I'll let you know when I get a response (since we know they've been really slow lately).

Also waiting on a response from Lamplight now that it looks like they're sending out rejections again. ;)

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
17 subs 50+ days (9 in the red)
9 subs between 14 and 41 days

I am getting really jittery over Asimov's. My poem is at 88 days and has been under review for a month now. *sweats*

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
In the last round at L4mplite now... as well as Apex and Allegory. November will either be super sweet or super sad.
That's an achievement either way but best of luck this next month!

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
But how do you know you're in final round at L@mplight?

They told me after I queried. I noticed my sub had been out significantly longer than those being r'd on DT. I was worried that they might not have received the story initially as they said all first round subs would be read by the end of October... Nervy now.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Eek, just noticed that my Asimov sub has slipped into 'under review.' I guess I'll hear back either way soon.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Two queries responded to:

Seem to be in the positive zone with Niteblade, but I have to wait on their final decision for the December issue.

Birkensnake is making their anthology decision 2nd quarter 2013; my story wasn't culled outright, so I'm in for the long wait.

28 subs out, ranging from 6 to 106. Two more queries going out today. Holding steady at Asimov's - 95 days, still under review.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
I just got an e-mail from Penumbra that my submission for their Ray Bradbury anthology has made it through to the second round. It will be a few months before they make their final decision, but for now I'm happy that it's made it this far :).

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Sai! Can I ask how many days before they e-mailed?

As i'm new to the penumb submit, do they confirm receipt of story? I'm just a bit worried that those 21 days (plus 21 more, then some more on that) have passed and I have heard nothing, unless that's a good sign? Or a sign that it didn't get there (as has happened before at another place, or two).

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Congrats Sai! Can I ask how many days before they e-mailed?

As i'm new to the penumb submit, do they confirm receipt of story? I'm just a bit worried that those 21 days (plus 21 more, then some more on that) have passed and I have heard nothing, unless that's a good sign? Or a sign that it didn't get there (as has happened before at another place, or two).

It was surprisingly quick for me. I sent my story in on the 31st and heard back about getting into the second round this morning (there was no e-mail confirmation after I first sent in my story).

It's my first time subbing to them, so I don't know if 21 days is a long wait or not.On their site they say "Initial response time to queries is expected to be short, within 2-3 weeks," so if 21 days have gone by you could query. Good luck!

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
When I subbed to Penumbra, I got the "bump up" email 5 days later, but then i didn't hear anything until the month before the issue was to come out which was about 3 mths later (this was last year though)