Middling It

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CW just started responding, to 24-day stories. I'm at 22 days. Pass the blindfold and a cigarette please.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Not to flaunt my ignorance, but what's CW?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Had an email from LORE this morning. Apologized for the slow response and asked to hang onto my story (The Spider-thief and the Sorcerer) for a while longer. Can I count that as "short-listed"?

Aggy, chugging tea in prep for a long writing day

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Good luck to kd, Aggy, and all of the other middlers!

Just as I was pondering a query a few days ago, I got an email from Stupefying Stories letting me know they'd forgotten to send an email letting me know they were holding my story for further consideration, and should have a response sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Hope it's good news, I'd really love to make another sale before the world year ends. *fingers crossed*

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck KD and Aggy!

I'm moving into the scary time frame at a couple of markets -- enough days beyond some of the rejection responses to have some fledgling hope but still well within the strike zone for R's. Three or four of my stories are out at their target markets now too - eep.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
So I guess I'm kind of middling it...sort of. I only have three stories out at the moment, but I've decided to start on this Write 1/Sub 1 FOR REAL. A few stories written,one ready to be subbed. Heck I'm even writing stories to try to cater to specific markets now, which I never did before.

Here's a "thank you" to all the posts by all the members on this board that have inspired me to start on the Write 1/Sub 1 track seriously.

Feeing proud and hopeful.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Alex! I appreciate the support :) Also, your work specifically was a big inspiration. "Those Who Can't Do" on Every Day Fiction was one of the best Sci-Fi pieces I've read in a while.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Alex! I appreciate the support :) Also, your work specifically was a big inspiration. "Those Who Can't Do" on Every Day Fiction was one of the best Sci-Fi pieces I've read in a while.

Thanks very much, Niccolo, that is very kind of you to say.

I look forward to us cheering each other on in the next year of W1S1!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Chewing my nails about a story out at Analog for 138 days. Was hoping to at least get a rejection before the CWP cutoff. But that's tomorrow. >_<

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chewing my nails about a story out at Analog for 138 days. Was hoping to at least get a rejection before the CWP cutoff. But that's tomorrow. >_<

Unfortunately there are many of us in that boat. I'm at 138 days exactly as well, and the story hasn't been open/read yet. Someone I knew queried recently and was told to wait a few more *months*. :(

Brynn

Registered
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail short-listing me at DSF. This is the third story in a row to get 2nd-rounded there, and the other two were ultimately rejected. Third time's the charm, right? (*fingers crossed*)