FebNoWriMo!

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
This month I wrote a short story sequel! Next month I plan on working on my novel-length sequel, so maybe I will come and see if there's some MarNoWriMo going on! :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
There will be a MarNo thread in about 20 hours from now, unless someone makes one before then.

For most of you, that'll be before March is upon you. But for me, that'll be 8am March 1st. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, finished reading that book. That makes 11 read over my 3 month break - and 36 more left to read in my TBR pile.

I'm not sure if I want to start another one now, so I may have to work on my 2-page synopsis.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I was wrong; I got through my cut-through tonight, which means I can go back to writing. Yay!

Anyway, I've used this project for one of the Camp NaNos last year, and then regular NaNo.

At the end of both of those, I had 102,575 words.

This cut-through was to clear out what I can no longer use (because of plot or character changes, etc.).

I now have 69,642 words :tongue

At least I didn't clear out enough for an entire NaNo ;)

Well, this week is almost over, and I have admit; so far, I think I'm glad about that. Hahaha.

I'm with you there. It's been a long week already.

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Last night insomnia struck (uuuuughhghhh) so I narrowed down my list of top "Round One" agents... well, agencies anyways. There's still a few where I have options within the same agency and haven't figured out yet which would be the best fit. Then I finished a crit for a friend as well. So, I'm feeling particularly accomplished today, despite my desperate need for coffee. And a nap.

Also, I may have come up with a really cool idea for my next novel, but I'm not sure if it's actually cool, or if that's just the sleep deprivation talking.

electroweakstar

Just keep swimming...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
electroweakstar.wordpress.com
So... I stalled out around 6K and endless pages of notes and arguments with myself for 28K/28Days. It was also an unusually stressful month at work, so I was brain-melty one too many days (and "just writing" 1K a day that I would've had to get rid of entirely would have frustrated me further).

However, yesterday I not only SOLVED the plot problems (thanks to my partner and a lively debate at 8 p.m.) of the current story (and changed the setting), but I also plotted out an entire short story of which the prologue is on my blog.

So while I didn't go skipping down the lane to success, I did a lot of leg work and learned some things that I absolutely should NOT do while story planning. I'm considering it an educational faillure.

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Sigh. Too much has happened this past week.

I lost my job (hated working there never going back to fast food ever again) so now I'm setting up some interviews, shopping around for a job hopefully I'll have one before my money runs out, now that I have a baby I got to keep food in his belly, clothes on his back, and a roof over his head. Life sucks.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on the job hunt Foamy. :)

Silver, the book was "Snuff" by Terry Pratchett. I have about... 14? of his books (so far from a complete collection) and this was the last one of his that I had but hadn't read.

But by finishing that book, I have now finished reading an entire shelf on my bookcase. :)

Big bookcase, bottom shelf = 100% read in my spreadsheet. :D

Until now, none of my shelves were completely read, so that's good.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with the test, too. :)

So if you're studying (College, University, wherever)... have you considered looking for a job on-campus, doing whatever? I suggest it only because they should be pretty understanding about schedules as a student. And hey - you'll be *right there* for class when your shift ends. :)

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Good luck on the job hunt Foamy. :)

Silver, the book was "Snuff" by Terry Pratchett. I have about... 14? of his books (so far from a complete collection) and this was the last one of his that I had but hadn't read.

But by finishing that book, I have now finished reading an entire shelf on my bookcase. :)

Big bookcase, bottom shelf = 100% read in my spreadsheet. :D

Until now, none of my shelves were completely read, so that's good.

Oh, that's awesome, Cliff. Me, I'm reading stuff right now. However, the TBR pile I'm using is my To-Read shelf on GoodReads. And my TBR pile on there just continues growing and growing. So, I'm trying to at least get some of the books on there read and all of that. :D

--

And I'm sorry to hear about your job, Foamy. :( :Hug2: I hope you can find a new one soon.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm, I've read 11 books in 3 months, which isn't a huge amount, but still decent. And now I'm considering buying some ebooks in a genre I don't really read, because I wrote a novella in that genre and want to edit it so that it's actually publishable.

I mean, yes, I probably should've read the genre before writing in it, but whatever.

So my TBR pile will likely grow quite a bit in the next month or so, if I wind up getting some ebooks. It all depends on if I can get mum's ereader working...

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I realized something today.

Any regulars remember this from January?

I was poking around the Merit Badger blog yesterday, saw this and thought of you:

:D

A few months ago, I ran out of space on my bookshelves to put new books, so I started making a pile by my door. That pile turned into three (technically four, but the fourth stack is of borrowed books) stacks that hit a little above my knees.

If you stack all of those piles up, they pass my height.

Just the ones I've bought in the past few months.

And that doesn't even include the many books I COULD fit on my shelves that I haven't read yet.

Oh dear... (The joys of being 4' 9"...)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Cripes! That's a lot of books!

I'm trying to power through Wuthering Heights in 4 days before I go back to Uni... About 40 pages in, out of 400... Erm, maybe won't make it. :tongue But it's an easier read so far than Jane Eyre.