Bragging Rights: Let us congratulate you! (Please excuse the brag.)

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
congratulations to everyone. i'd like to dance a little as well.

i'm glad to see this thread. i've been too busy to post lately, so i've got a lot bottled up. here's what's happened in the past few weeks.

i got a gig doing music reviews and copy writing at www.thecode.us (local art and music). this was my first time publishing (sort of).

i've put three articles in the local paper which led to a recent invitation to be a regular paid contibuter to their arts and culture weekly supplement.

and (drum roll) i got my first assignment from the local glossy lifestyles magazine i've been eyeing for months. this is my first paid publication.

the next step is oxford american.

i have been banging my head against publishing for so long. i can't believe all this fell into place in just the past month. thanks for the good advice everyone.

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hubby's gone and my family wasn't at home tonight when I called, and I really want to tell someone who can be (or at least act) happy for me:
I got my first check for a magazine article today! :D

It's not going to put the kids through college or anything (by itself), but it's still exciting.

Yay! Congratulations. Of course you had to share. Don't worry, before long you'll be making more than enough to put your kids through the college of their dreams.

Oh, and welcome to the group. Sorry to be so late with the welcome. You've probably noticed some of us don't post as often as we (I) could. But, posting or not, we always our celebrate fellow freelancers successes.

Well, I sold my first national, the travel thing I queried in SYW (and entered in the query contest, where I did about as well as David Hernandez, not that I'm pouting). I expect they'll put it in the August issue of Curve. At least, the editor hasn't written back in disgust and horror so far.

As, I think, the giraffe said, a sale is a much bigger win than first place in a contest. Congratulations.

I feel like going outside and shouting to everyone that passes that I just opened my email and found out that an article I wrote was accepted for publication! I was sure it wasn't because the original email said they would notify those who were accepted by 2/29 so it was a very pleasant surprise!

Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine opening an email and finding out something was accepted for publication. Hey, before you go outside and stop strangers on the street, print off your acceptance letter so you can wave it in their faces and say "look, look". Of course, they won't be able to read it because you'll be waving it too much. Still, I think it would round out the picture nicely.

I will be speaking about Blog Stop Book Tours tomorrow morning at 9:45 am (Eastern Standard Time) at the Virtual Woman's Day Celebration. It's a chat room format and anyone can visit. There are lots of other women business owners speaking as well. Come on by!

Darn, I missed it. Hope it went well for you. Congratulations on getting to 'speak' there.

congratulations to everyone. i'd like to dance a little as well.

i'm glad to see this thread. i've been too busy to post lately, so i've got a lot bottled up. here's what's happened in the past few weeks.

i got a gig doing music reviews and copy writing at www.thecode.us (local art and music). this was my first time publishing (sort of).

i've put three articles in the local paper which led to a recent invitation to be a regular paid contibuter to their arts and culture weekly supplement.

and (drum roll) i got my first assignment from the local glossy lifestyles magazine i've been eyeing for months. this is my first paid publication.

the next step is oxford american.

i have been banging my head against publishing for so long. i can't believe all this fell into place in just the past month. thanks for the good advice everyone.

Congratulations joetrain, don't you just love it when you begin to see results from all your hard work?

Congratulations Auto, Mada, Wordsmyth, and joetrain!

(I really need to keep up or the list will be too long to type out! :D )

Me too, I couldn't remember everyone on the list, that's why I had to do the quote thing.

I've got two more essays in the finals for anthologies; one for this Christmas and one for Christmas 2009 (they're for the same series). That's a long way off, but it's a good feeling knowing that I've got work in the pipes for that much time.

Amy, you are my hero with your essays. Big congrates to you.

Congratulations, well done, and way to go to anyone else who may not have posted, or that I missed. I love this group. Party time for all of our hardworking, busy writing and selling members.

:partyguy::Guitar::PartySmil:Jump::banana::hooray::partyguy::Guitar::Guitar: :Guitar::Jump::banana::banana:

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
This has been the best day ever (work-wise!) I just got an e-mail from a reader of CBI Magazine (Club Business International) that he read my article in the April issue. "I just wanted to commend you on an awesome article," he wrote.

The really cool thing is because he spoke a lot about his own experiences and wrote a really good letter, I'm thinking it *might* be published in the "letters to the editor" section.

I guess this gives me an excuse to update my blog. LOL

Dawn

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Congratulations, CatMuse! (And everyone else I've missed, since I can never seem to remember to come into this thread, lol)

-Ang