Where are you? (in your novel)

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
They've escaped and are now trying to get to safety, while also dragging along a prisoner. Right now would be a terrible time for one of them to become temporarily incapacitated due to a flashback, so naturally that's what just happened.

Lilly

Registered
Reaction score
Space opera: MC fights to get his spacecraft back, when an incoming message distracts him just long enough to open an unexpected window of opportunity for the enemy. Neither of them is aware that a rather cute, third party is eagerly waiting to make an appearance. :)

Lilly

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeldynasty.wordpress.com
I'm on Chapter Ten, approaching the turning point between my main character Gwen, and Phenex, which is brought about by an interesting bit of information she receives from the Greek god, Apollo.

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished my first novel and received my first review from one of my betas!

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
Currently suppressing my urge to start a new WI while I brainstorm how to overhaul Seer.

Cliff Notes: Seer needs an extra three or four layers of worldbuilding and I need to include the plot details I managed to leave out.

ETA: Congrats, Lizzie7800. That sounds so exciting!

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Working on that R&R thingie, going pretty well. I think. HOPE. Different direction for some of the minor characters, and sig. change to a pivotal scene. And I'm cutting, adding, moving chapters around. . .

Yikes.

mommytozachandgrace

Registered
Reaction score
My MC has just been told she has cancer and has been admitted into the hospital. She's told her husband and is now figuring out how she's going to tell her children and the rest of the family, along with trying to wrap her head around the fact that it's actually happening to her.

RemusShepherd

Banned
Flounced
VPXI
Reaction score
Website
remus-shepherd.livejournal.com
My WIP stalled before just after the second-act turn when a major character died. That was at about 55k words. I'm rewriting now with a renewed focus on what the book is about, and I've gotten past the turn and are heading into the third-act setup for the climax. Very slow going, but I have to admit that I'm more distracted by other concerns with this novel than with any other novel I've written.

Lhowling

Mischief Witch
Registered
Reaction score
A twin brother and sister are on an inevitable quest for the truth, but he's not quite sure it lies in their past, in the mysterious identities of their parents. Also, he's gripped in an emotional turmoil that she would never understand. Little does he know...

Judy Koot

WordDreamer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In a future Europe, T. is having dinner with her Dad in their skyscraper apartment, just before the apocalyptic sh*t will hit the fan.

DonAtreides

Rooting for the villain
Registered
Reaction score
The good guys just fought some big robots. Now they're going to fight some smaller robots, then have some tea. Then... pirates!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Launching into the final third, and scrambling for a toe-hold.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Emily just pulled a very high-school move on Archie. He said something that she thought made her sound like a whore, and when he refused to set things straight with their friends, she very loudly said she would have had sex with him but, ya know, he couldn't quite get it up. I got a kick out of that. BTW, this is 1830 in Philadelphia.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
About to hit the climax. And I mean this is a completely non-sexual way.

Fitch

Registered
Reaction score
Annotated outline complete, subject to change, but complete. Writing chapter 21 of 43. One scene to finish before the mid point event happens.

I can hardly wait. I need to go write now.

Fitch

K.S. Crooks

Registered
Reaction score
Guilds of Galyndor sequel

I have finished chapter 6, with the Guild students visiting a foreign country and about to begin learning new abilities.