Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeM0

Registered
Reaction score
Hi mellymel, I think that's where a little of my problem lies. I want the ending to be perfect that I keep thinking about it rather than just write.

Hi Sage, Kansas and everyone else. EEEK...the dreaded query. Good luck, Sage! I've never written a query before and just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. LOL. I've done some research and I'll have to do more before I even attempt to write one.

Lisalulu, is Paragon Academy the title of your WIP? It's catching. :)

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
JK Rowley: OMG! Divided Moon has just been added to the top of my TBR pile. I can't wait to get started on it.

:) I knew I liked you right away.

I am like RRK with endings. I get excited and plow to the end, then my critique group points out big holes.

Hope the words start flowing again. Maybe you are afraid you will miss the characters.

Kansas, just how many books do you have stashed on your harddrive? You must be very prolific.

Lisa, how do you like that Samsung? My hubby wants one of those when he trades in his iPhone. He said the iPhone is great for everything but phone calls.

Freyja

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm on the last few chapters of my WIP and I can't seem to finish it. I have everything outline and I can see the scenes. I know how it's going to end. I just can't write it. UGH.....I've been sitting on my current chapter for the last three days. I have to admit, it's pretty frustrating.....

Yes!!! Exact same problem. Wrote everything else really fast, but somehow paralyzed when it comes to the last few chapters. Just like you, I have it all outlined and know the ending, and still not capable of writing it. Fighting the itch to start revising before finishing.

Freyja

Registered
Reaction score
Get to go to the veteranarian and discuss the options left for my dog. She had pneumonia, then liver problems, now she's piddling on herself in her sleep. :(

lots of fun.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I have dogs too and one of them was very sick last year. Luckily he made it and is doing well today, but it was an awful time.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Kansas. She's old 16yrs. Probably going to put her down, she's developing dementia.

So sorry, Parump. That happened to my parents' mini doberman as well. She was also 16. I loved that dog.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Parump! I'm sorry. Really. But you gave her a good long life and she knows it.

JK! I have my YA trilogy completed (my publisher is sloooow getting back to me on the second one) and three adult thrillers stashed "under the bed." Plus a spin-off from the YA trilogy. Problem is once I sorta, kinda started knowing what I was doing, I had to go back and revise, rewrite, wash, rinse, repeat. Still have to redo two of them. I'm getting antsy to get back to creating. All this querying and promoting's sorta' wearing me out and not nearly as fun as writing.

Mel! Still HAIL to the no on erotica (although I'm sure it'd keep me in beer money). But, um, no.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that. I have dogs too and one of them was very sick last year. Luckily he made it and is doing well today, but it was an awful time.

Well, she had rallied, but other things keep going wrong.

So sorry, Parump. That happened to my parents' mini doberman as well. She was also 16. I loved that dog.

Yeah, old age is a wonderful thing for animals [sarcasm]

Aw, Parump! I'm sorry. Really. But you gave her a good long life and she knows it.

Yeah we did. She's a good dog though. And odd one, but very sweet.

Oh no, parump. I'm so sorry. :( Good luck and lots of hugs.

What is it with this thread and our pets? If you have a pet, quit posting here. That's my advice.

:Hug2:

I'm so sorry :(

thanks.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Can't really add much more to what the others have said to you about being considered by Random House, Kansas. I'm green with envy; I haven't even submitted anything and I'm nervous as hell. >.<

In my own writing news, I just battered my way past the halfway slump of my WIP. Going back to it with a vengeance before I start work.

GO BEN! I'm proud of you :e2cheer:

Sorry to hear about the big R from RH, SIK. But I'm with everyone else sitting on the "super impressed they asked for a full" couch. Keep tossing them stuff, something of yours is bound to stick :)

And PD, I'm so sorry about your doggie. Mine is coming up on that age where we're going to have to face his mortality as well, and I just have no idea how I'm going to get through it. Sending peaceful vibes your way :Hug2:

ETA: Welcome to the n00bs!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys-- but today has just been plain weird, and getting weirder.

May just be going in for consultation though.

From the looks of things [on closer examination], dog is not having massive bladder failure -- a trash bag was leaking a large puddle all over the floor.

dog must have laid in it.

I tell you, this week/2weeks has been hell. :( I want a vacation from strange and inexplainable crap.

*feels very confused and like and idiot*

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to know where all the agents have gone.

Sent in my R&R last week, sent 12 queries between then and now. Not a peep.

:Soapbox::Lecture::crazy::scared::popcorn:

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
Yes!!! Exact same problem. Wrote everything else really fast, but somehow paralyzed when it comes to the last few chapters. Just like you, I have it all outlined and know the ending, and still not capable of writing it. Fighting the itch to start revising before finishing.

That happened to me on my first book. I knew what would happen but just couldn't bring myself to write it. I think part of me was actually sad to end the book because I had spent so much time on it. I think I didn't quite know how to segway to the ending scenes. But one day it suddenly hit me and the final two chapters just poured out!

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
In other news, sometimes I still get publisher and agent rejections for No Turning Back . . . which has been published for almost 6 months now, haha.

But I lost my flashdrive, which had all my records of who I submitted to. So I haven't been able to send withdrawal letters to everyone, although I tried.

I got another rejection today, but it's ok! lol

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to know where all the agents have gone.

Sent in my R&R last week, sent 12 queries between then and now. Not a peep.

:Soapbox::Lecture::crazy::scared::popcorn:

I sent 5 and got 2 rejections. I was supposed to query more tonight, but I decided to read instead, and now I'm at my non-write-in ;)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sage, what was the special name we had for each other when we were querying together back a few years ago? I've been racking my brain for the term we came up with and I cannot remember for the life of me. grrrr....
Query Buddies :)

Freyja

Registered
Reaction score
That happened to me on my first book. I knew what would happen but just couldn't bring myself to write it. I think part of me was actually sad to end the book because I had spent so much time on it. I think I didn't quite know how to segway to the ending scenes. But one day it suddenly hit me and the final two chapters just poured out!

That gives me hope! :)

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I went and did it. I jumped on the trailer bandwagon. I found a gal who does great work so I hired her out and you know what? I couldn't be happier with the results! So let the great trailer debates begin anew and let me know what y'all think:

http://youtu.be/B6YA8yjNVMc

HatTrick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to AW and wanted to jump in on this thread. I am working on a YA Romance. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Hattrick & Freja.

Man in Kansas, that trailer is awesome. What's the price range she charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.