Writer's Literary Screenplay Agency, Screenplay Writers' Agency,The Screenplay Agency

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Jo Scott said:
I have noticed the thread on PAMB has disappeared. Whoever wanted to know about the Screenplay Agency was told by three or more PA authors to not sign with them it was a scam, so they must have deleted their thread. Unless PA was hoping they go in to the scam and deleted it after neg. responses came up.

What gets me about PA is that they don't patrol their own forum as much as this one in order to "protect" their authors. You'd think that PA would at least expose the other known scams in order to maintain the pretense that PA isn't a scam.

But then again, PA's management contains idiots. Sure, they have a great scam going (better than LAG's), but they copied it from yet another. Smile, ILP, we're remembering you.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it's just PA's thing about not wanting to have discussions of other areas. Or maybe it's because authors looking for further information on those scams are bound to wind up here.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
What do you mean? The thread is still right there at the PublishAmerica Message Board:

http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=10363

There you can read, "These people are not players," "I can see scam all over this," and " Before committing any money, first ask what book or screenplay they have sold, and to whom."

noelanenberg

Justice For the Screenplay Agency and its Affiliates

Hi, all. Thank you for the eye opening news about The Screenplay Agency. I should have realized that any agent advertising honesty, integrity and service is too good to be true. Because, if anything seems too good to be true it usually is.

The Screenplay Agency et al are using the internet to commit interstate fraud, a felonious violation of Federal law. Has anyone filed a crimminal complaint? With who? The scripts these folks scam in can be read in a jail cell just as easily as in a boiler room.

B/R
Noel

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
noelanenberg said:
I should have realized that any agent advertising honesty, integrity and service is too good to be true.

Hi, Noel.

You can amend that to "... any agent advertising." The real agents have all the business they need through pure word-of-mouth. Anyone with Google Ads isn't selling books or screenplays to publishers or producers.

winter

Banned
Reaction score
Friend or Foe

I don't know. I think writers will always be their own worst enemies. As a rule I pay upwards of 5000 for what constitutes very little time from a script editor, so I can't see how 95 for a critique can be considered a scam.

Face it, agents don't sell scripts, they sell themselves. Agents can only ever facilitate.

And considering how much effort you seem to have put into finding dirt, without success, I'd say there's a definite possibility that the screenplay agency could offer an excellent bastion for writers to exhibit their work.

And what I've been reading here looks to me like the poison being spat by the frustration of your own failures.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
winter said:
And considering how much effort you seem to have put into finding dirt, without success, I'd say there's a definite possibility that the screenplay agency could offer an excellent bastion for writers to exhibit their work.

No, no, "Winter." What we've had no success at finding is sales. Of dirt there's plenty. Here's a sample:

http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/SDO-063-01.pdf
http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/SDO-021-01.pdf

If you know of any screenplays Robert M. Fletcher has actually sold, now's the time and here's the place to post them. If not ... well, I'm not surprised.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Richard said:
Oh, not another one...
It was bound to happen, Richard. HorrorGirl and Isabella have been so thoroughly refuted and made themselves look so foolish that Bobby and Co. had to start over.

For anyone coming in late, the Screenplay Agency is one of a group of agencies run by Robert (Bobby) Fletcher, who was convicted of fraud*. The others are:

Stylus Literary Agency (formerly Sydra Techniques, formerly ST Literary Agency)
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529

The Children’s Literary Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8312
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8286

The Christian Literary Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13514

The New York Literary Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729

The Poets Literary Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19104

The front/mask/umbrella group is The Literary Agency Group, Inc.
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13517

*http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/SDO-063-01.pdf
http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/SDO-021-01.pdf

Last edited:

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
winter said:
And what I've been reading here looks to me like the poison being spat by the frustration of your own failures.

Why would you say that to a forum full of commercially successful authors? That's like walking into Congress and telling your audience they couldn't be elected for anything.

Royale With Cheese

We should have shotguns
Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that I have had my run in's with the screenplay agency myself. They do charge you money to get your script read by a third party. As soon as that happened I bolted.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I do want to thank "winter" for inviting my attention back to The Screenplay Agency's website.

New over there is the "Book-to-Film Special Division."

The Screenplay Agency’s Book-to-Film Division offers an exciting new opportunity for authors of fiction, non-fiction or short stories who dream of seeing their manuscripts or prose on television or at the movies. For the first time, the Screenplay Agency's Book-to-Film division provides the services of credited agents of film and television to assist you toward bringing your manuscript to the Hollywood community.

Wow. That sounds pretty special. I wonder if these "agents" have names, or WGA numbers. I wonder what books they've adapted that have actually been optioned. I wonder how many have gone on to principal photography.

I wonder how much they charge for all this.

Can anyone enlighten me?

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
winter said:
As a rule I pay upwards of 5000 for what constitutes very little time from a script editor, so I can't see how 95 for a critique can be considered a scam.
Wow. How do I get to be a script editor?
Oh, wait - does this mean honest script editors, or scammers? That might make a difference to my plans for riches.
-Barbara

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
James D. Macdonald said:
New over there is the "Book-to-Film Special Division."
Like the late unlamented "Author Platform" program at ST Literary (back when there was only ST), this is just a ploy to funnel writers into the agency. People who approach the Screenplay Agency through its Books to Film come-on get the same offer as writers who submit scripts--representation with a critique requirement.

- Victoria

teaser

Whew! What an awakening!

I was on the verge of going through with this when I suddenly came across "absolutewrite.com" buzzing about this great scammer. Then, there's P&E's NOT RECOMMENDED warning! Oh my God!

The Screenplay Agency
“Developing the Best Writers in the World”

Greetings and Congratulations!

The Screenplay Agency is prepared to offer you a contract for acceptance as our client for
Agency Representation based on:

1) The screenplay you submitted,

2) the information that you have provided to us and the plan of action that we agreed
upon, i.e. the Critique-Coverage process.

In the sole opinion of the Literary Agency, if any of these items are inaccurate or
misleading this contract may be withdrawn at any time. This contract offer is good for 14
business days from receipt. (This deadline can be automatically extended by 10 days if
you contact us via email and request an extension). We give a deadline because we accept
only a limited number of authors in any time period and we cannot have contracts “hanging
out there”.

Some authors ask “why did you accept me?” Based on our interactions, you have
agreed to follow a plan of action that will lead to your work being of the highest quality,
and we believe that our odds for success are greatly enhanced. In short, we believe that we
can sell your work. We never promise a sale, but we do believe you have a solid chance of
success.

We look forward to working with you. Congratulations again.

Best regards,

Sherry Fine – VP Acquisitions
The Screenplay Agency

p.s. What’s Next? Please execute two copies of the contract and send them, along with a
note about your critique (date started, etc.) to the address in the contract. PLEASE send in
the contract at the same time you are having your critique done. If you don’t have a critique
already please contact [email protected] and you will receive our
negotiated discount and priority turnaround. Once we have your critique and contract you
will start working with the Agent who will be assigned to market your work.
Ofc. 866-876-4488 www.TheScreenplayAgency.com 917-591-1916 Fax

The Screenplay Agency

AGREEMENT FOR LITERARY AGENT REPRESENTATION

SCREENPLAY AGENCY: THE LITERARY AGENCY GROUP

Page 1/3 of Contract

This “Agreement” is between ______________________________ [the “Writer/Producer”] and The
Literary Agency Group, Inc, dba The Screenplay Agency, Inc. [The “Agent”] as of _____________, 200__
(please enter the date you sign the contract) for only the work entitled:

(Hereinafter “Work”)

Other Works Should Be Submitted Separately Only After Approval
Discuss Other Work Later with Your Agent

NOW, THEREFORE, for the consideration set forth in this Agreement Agent and Writer
intending to be legally bound hereby, mutually promise and agree as follows:

The copyright and ownership is specifically retained by the author for this work and all
author’s works submitted to, and accepted by, the Agent. The Writer does not grant to Agent or
any other party any right, title or interest of any kind in any copyright, ownership and/or any
other intellectual property right contained in or as a part of any work of the Writer submitted to
the Agent. The Agent agrees to make no claim to any such right, title or interest, however
denominated.

The Writer warrants that he is the sole and exclusive owner of the Work and that the
work does not infringe on any other copyright.

The Writer agrees to indemnify Agent against any judgments, liabilities, damages or loss
related to copyright or ownership.

The term of this contract shall be one year from the above date and must be renewed in
writing for each successive term. The Writer/Producer may terminate this Agreement after 90
consecutive days of no sale by Agent. Renewals and terminations via email are deemed
acceptable.

The rights granted in this pertain to written creative work prepared by the
Writer/Producer for print, television, radio and motion pictures to be sold in the United States of
America and Canada. The Writer/Producer may have other Agents in other countries.

The Agent may not have any conflicts of interest with regard to any specific contract or
employment negotiated under this Agreement. If any such conflict arises, he must relinquish his
commission.

The Agent is entitled to a ten percent [10%] commission on gross compensation accruing
to the Writer/Producer from any contract negotiated under this Agreement. This paragraph shall
survive termination of this Agreement. (This means that if we help you with a deal, you can’t fire
us and take away our commission).

The Agent is not responsible for damage or loss or return of any material.

The Screenplay Agency

The Writer/Producer shall do his utmost to finish his work on time as per the terms of
contracts he has entered into. The Agent at his discretion may use the Writer/Producer’s name or
pen name and the name of the work in promotions for the Agent and to promote the Work.

The Writer/Producer has final say on any and all proposals or contracts delivered by the
Agent. The Writer/Producer is the only signer on any contract with a buyer.

The Writer/Producer acknowledges that the Agent will act only as an advisor and
negotiator and ‘buyer-finder’. The Agent specifically states that he is not an attorney, and is NOT
providing legal advice. The Writer/Producer acknowledges that the Agent is NOT procuring
employment for the Writer/Producer. The Writer/Producer will sign all agreements, not the
Agent.

The Writer/Producer also agrees that all leads, contacts, communications, documents,
emails, forms, and business processes employed by the Agent are considered confidential and
trade secrets and as such shall not be disseminated in any form or format without the express
written permission of the Agent. This clause survives termination of the Agreement.

The Writer/Producer will supply the Agent with an electronic version of their creative
work in a common word processing or screenplay format for the Agent to submit the work to
potential clients.

Both parties will make themselves available to each other within reason for any purpose
outlined in this Agreement. Both parties agree that any disputes will be settled in and governed
by the laws of the State of New York.

This Agreement is binding on the Writer/Producer and Agent and their respective heirs
and assigns. However in the event of a sale, insolvency or other change in the ownership or
operation of The Screenplay Agency, Inc., the Writer at his sole discretion may choose to
terminate this Agreement on 90 days notice. In the event of a termination both parties agree to
not disparage the other party in any form.

In the event that this Agreement is terminated for any reason, the Agent, his heirs and/or
assigns may continue to collect all commissions due on existing contracts negotiated under this
Agreement. If an existing contract between the Writer/Producer and any client is renewed, the
Writer’s Agent/heirs and or assigns may collect commissions on renewals until the existing
contract with that client is terminated.

This is the entire agreement. All changes shall require signatures of both parties.

WRITER/PRODUCER HAS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHOUT
QUESTION, WITHOUT RECOURSE, FOR 72 HOURS AFTER MAILING.

The Author may specifically EXCLUDE a contact that you have already made who might
sell or buy your work write them in here, up to a maximum of 3. If a sale occurs to, or
through, any of the following people or companies the Agent is NOT entitled to a
commission. (In other words, if we don’t find the buyer, we don’t deserve a commission.
You will find that we are very straightforward in our business dealings.)

1 ________________________________________________________

2 ________________________________________________________

3 ________________________________________________________

The Screenplay Agency

Page 3/3 of Contract

THE WRITER/PRODUCER ALSO ACKNOWLEDGES THAT AT NO TIME AND IN NO FORM
HAS AGENT GUARANTEED THAT A SALE WILL BE MADE. _______ Writer Initial here.

I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I AM OLDER THAN 18 YEARS OF AGE. _______Writer Initial
here. If you are not over 18, please have a parent or guardian execute the contract.

The Screenplay Agency -Writer/Producer
The Literary Agency Group, Inc.

_____________________(sign) ___________________________(sign)
Robert West - President

Print/typed Name:_________________________

Address: ____________________________

City/State/Zip: ____________________________

Phone: ____________________________

Email: _______________________________________________________

PLEASE BE SURE YOUR EMAIL IS LEGIBLE!

Pay particular attention to 1,l,0,O,2,Z, etc.…

PLEASE MAIL TWO SIGNED COPIES OF THIS CONTRACT TO:

The Screenplay Agency

Contract Administration Department

275 Madison Ave, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10016

You will be notified via email upon receipt of your mailed copies. Please allow
approximately 30 days for the return of your fully executed copy.

We look forward to working with you.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website

winter

Banned
Reaction score
My apologies

Yeah right. If this is a forum full of successful writers then I'm santa claus. Hey, try working with a script editor.
Ah ah ah, not your downtrodden and dateless next door neighbor.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Goodness! The sockpuppets sure move to mindless insults in a hurry when they can't answer pertinent questions!

One more time then I'm done with you, "winter": What has Fletcher ever sold? To anyone?

winter

Banned
Reaction score
pfff

Look, I don't know, I don't even know who Robert Fletcher is, but I can't imagine anyone wanting their name or title mentioned on a slag site like this.
What's your real name? What are your titles? Who's your producer?

The mark of a successful writer is their fundamental appreciation for their development team. They look forward to every opportunity to work with an accomplished editor.

To learn something new about their work.

That's what concerns me, the urge you have to bolt from an editor.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
winter said:
Look, I don't know, I don't even know who Robert Fletcher is,
What an amazing statement. Truly, I'm speechless. Luckily, I can still type.

Let's put aside the fact that two posts on the same page as yours stated that Robert Fletcher is the guy who runs TSA and its sister scams, and that both those posts linked to his record for fraud. (Here they are again, since you missed them twice: http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/SDO-063-01.pdf http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/SDO-021-01.pdf) That doesn't inspire confidence in your ability to process information or do basic research, and it hurts your credibility, but we'll overlook that for the moment. Let's get to the second point, which is: You'd send your script out to someone you've never heard of?! Yeah, I know I'd want a complete unknown representing me and fooling around with my script. Uh huh. Great idea!

Name anything Fletcher's sold, winter. Go on, anything.

Last edited:

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
Oh look, another sockpuppet. Bobby must have laid in a supply of extra wooly ones for each of his scam agencies. Alas, he didn't pay extra to give each sockpuppet its own personality. Izzie, HorribleGirl, and Old Man Winter all use the same approach -- an airy dismissal of any and all negative information, quickly followed by juvenile insults.

Fletcher/West has sold nothing. As Aconite showed in his post, Bobby's agencies, all of them, are scam operations designed to part hopeful writers from their money.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
winter said:
Look, I don't know, I don't even know who Robert Fletcher is, but I can't imagine anyone wanting their name or title mentioned on a slag site like this.

The mark of a successful writer is their fundamental appreciation for their development team. They look forward to every opportunity to work with an accomplished editor.

Well, this is astonishing. You'd really accept professional advice from someone you know nothing about? You admit you know nothing about Fletcher, yet you assume he's an accomplished editor (or will send you to one, again unnamed.)

Tell you what. Send me your script/manuscript. I'll send it to an accomplished editor (I really know one), who will give you his professional advice so you can learn something new about your work.

Oh, and be sure to include a check for $200. Better make it out to me. I'll be sure he gets it.

Last edited:

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
winter said:
Oh, right. Sure. You join a site, and on the very same day you join your first post is to defend a notorious scam. Sockpuppet, troll ... we know exactly what you are and why you're here.
My real name is over there to the left. My titles are too many to list here, but are easily obtainable (follow the link from my name). I don't have a producer.
No, chum. The mark of a successful writer is selling stuff. As to accomplished editors, Robert M. Fletcher isn't one. No one on his team is one. Nor do writers pay to work with editors. If you pay "5000" to work with an editor, in addition to being a shill, you're a chump.
You won't do that with Fletcher. First, he accepts anything and everything. The scam is to send you from useless critique, to coverage, to edit, 'round and 'round, paying money at every step, to companies that he doesn't reveal that he himself owns.
Oh, come on. What concerns you is that the facts have come out about Fletcher and "Sherry Fine" and "Georgina Orr." Anyone with Google can find out who and what they are with one mouseclick. They're going to have to change their DBA names again. What concerns you is that Bobby Fletcher is losing money.

Okay, I'm done feeding the troll.

Last edited: