Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
United States, North America, Earth, Sol 1, Milky
*Drops into a stool at the bar wondering what possessed him to play "who can lift more boxes?" last night*

'Ello!! I recently had such a competition with my roommate. It's like the games of who-can-get-their-head-closest-to-the-moving-train... Nobody wins.

(At least none of my patients ever won.)

And thank you for the egg nog! I won't soon forget it! But if ever I am to leave, don't mistake 'So long and thanks for all the egg nog' for an attempt to do a backwards flip while whistling the star-spangled banner... :)

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
*walks in whistling* *notices how dead the bar is*

Well, damn. It's deader than a cat in a chinese take out order. Gotta fix that.

*heads to the bathroom*

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
*walks in whistling* *notices how dead the bar is*

Well, damn. It's deader than a cat in a chinese take out order. Gotta fix that.

*heads to the bathroom*

Wow... They said I had an 'effect' on people... I suppose I should've asked them to be more specific!

I'm not dead! I'm just terrible at small talk.

So... how about that local sports team?

*realizes that she's talking to a wall*

Ah. Perhaps that's the issue. What's in the Egg Nog, anyway?

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
Well, with all the legal trolls in my life, I must append the disclaimer that nothing I say qualifies as medical advice. I can, however, tell you about industry standards, or tell you what I would do if I were in any given situation. And, I'm always free for questions. :)

And, I like the sound of what you're selling. If you ever need a beta, feel free to use me.

(Anyone else think it's a bit punny in here? They should do something about that!)

Last edited:

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
*strolls out of the bathroom* *nothing happens*
What did you guys think I was BushCar or something? Lol, he's in jail. However, I do have good news.

I have orange juice. Don't ask how I got it. Keep your business on the d/l ya know?

*TreeJet's Doppelganger strolls into the bar whistling* *he stops when he makes eye contact with Treejet.*

*TreeJet's eyes grow wide* YOU!
*BushCar makes a run for it* *TreeJet beams him in the head with a can of OJ knocking BushCar to the ground*
BC:Sonofa- That hurt! Oh common cuz, you know I cant help myself!
TJ: You've caused me trouble for the last time. *holds can of OJ meanacingly before BC's eyes*
BC: What are you going to do with that?
TJ: It ain't gonna be pretty.
*Grabs BC by the foot and drags him screaming into the bathroom.*
BC:Can't we talk about this? Common you remember that time when I visited you in college and we got drunk? Let's do that again. Common we're family right?
*the bathroom door shuts and BC's screams are heard. Then silenced suddenly.
*Treejet strolls out of the bathroom* Looks around. What? OJ works man...it works.

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Pub, Miz Erie. I see that you already have a Mountain Dew. I'll leave a few on ice behind the bar if you need more.

:hi: Hello, ecwma. I've replenished our stock of eggnog, so please help yourself.

Have a good time, Pubbers. And remember about the OJ....:rulez

;)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
As our resident minion pointed out above, we don't have many rules here in the Pub, but the top one is no oranges, juiced or otherwise. The second rule, which is also the top rule, is no freaking spiders allowed within 20 miles of the Pub. Unless they're dead. And then they can come to 19 miles and no further.

Who in their freaking mind would have a pet spider? That is just freaking crazy and freaking nuts and gives me the freaking shakes.

Hmm, a pirate speaking night? That does sound like fun. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pub, and the Absolute Write. There are (at the moment) only two rules in the Pub.

1) No orange juice
2) No spiders

:D

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
Who in their freaking mind would have a pet spider? That is just freaking crazy and freaking nuts and gives me the freaking shakes.

Hey! Fluffy chose me.

I don't really like spiders, honestly, but I lived in the country and one day, a tarantula crawled on my backpack. I was going to kill it, but I really hate killing the creepy crawlies. Something about it just makes me feel a bit ill. So, I didn't kill her. And she wouldn't get off of my backpack, so I brought the backpack back to the house and just thought she'd leave but after a little while, I gave in and made her a habitat, and then kept her for the next couple of years. Never really needed a lid, because she never wanted to leave... Only put it on there when I needed to keep her crickets in with her. And she hated people, and I didn't particularly like them. It's funny; most people would have crushed her, just done her in, but somehow, she chose the one human who wouldn't, and then proceeded to show me that even members of the species that I don't particularly like can win a spot in my heart.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
So my suggestion to make it mandatory for newbies to say hello in the Hounds thread is a no-go? :(
We have to build up to that slowly. No need to scare the newbies with horror hounds, in particular, the one named Haggis. ;)
Hey! Fluffy chose me.

I don't really like spiders, honestly, but I lived in the country and one day, a tarantula crawled on my backpack. I was going to kill it,
Yep, kill it. Squash the little bugger and kill it. Oh, yeah, you should've killed it. Kill it. Kill it. Horridable little eight legged nasty creepy crawly should be killed.

Just in case anyone was wondering, I have no strong feelings towards spiders.

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, kill it. Squash the little bugger and kill it. Oh, yeah, you should've killed it. Kill it. Kill it. Horridable little eight legged nasty creepy crawly should be killed.

Just in case anyone was wondering, I have no strong feelings towards spiders.

...Of course not! You're quite impartial.

I personally just dislike squishing things. Maybe it's all the empathy I've been repressing.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning, Briony. Although it does feel a little like afternoon. I'm not saying you're wrong, or anything like that, but I've been up for a very long time and that can only mean, must mean, surely it must mean, that morning has gone. Not that I'm being pickity or anything. :D

Briony-zisaya

Punctuation and I don't get along
Registered
Reaction score
It feels like afternoon to me too, though it still is early in the day.

Must sleep better!

Yeah right :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.