Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Worked on my old story "A Day In The Life" again today. It's up to almost 3.5k and not getting any lighter in the word count. It started at around 1.2-1.5k and has grown despite writing, cutting, writing more, cutting more, etc., over the last week.

I'd estimate over 90% of those 3k words done so far since last week are original and I can claim them all for this week's goals (since I lost a grand of them last week). Actually, it's working out to be a decent story. Big fight coming up soon between a superhero and a supervillain as witnessed by the cop MC.

Last edited:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Are you trying to make a swimming pool? B'cause I'm pretty sure the walls don't STOP bleeding, around here...

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Swimming pools are cool.

Of course, I can't swim.

But I can drink. Calf's blood is tasty. I wonder if I can spike the bar's blood with something I've got behind the bar?

Of course I can...

I'll be back.

Oh, wait. I did that already. Whatta' ya'll think I've been cutting the booze with the last few years? You didn't think it was water did you? I mean, really. Watering the booze? I'd never.

Bloodying the booze? You betcha'.

:)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Are you trying to make a swimming pool? B'cause I'm pretty sure the walls don't STOP bleeding, around here...

Ew.

I think the blood would start to clot and be a bit hard to swim in. But that's just me.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Not only are you guys on page 16! when I find out about the Hounds' latest version, you've also been ogling at me? :eek: :eek: :eek:

bearhai.jpg

:D

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha: (Funny pic, actually.)

Hi Hounds and Houndettes. And Haggis. :D It is Friday evening and the kidlets are away for the weekend. I predict much sleeping in tomorrow. Alas, I work all day sunday, otherwise I would be sleeping through the weekend.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sara.

Yes - very big bear. Very unhappy man.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I taste like bacon. I'm quite delicious. This is why I often invite people to eat me.

I hope to get some work done tonight. I have to work through this jelly-brain problem I have when I come home every night. Otherwise, nothing gets done.

Greg, are you serious that you can't swim? You know, I can help you with that.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Ted, never learned. I can dog-paddle passably for a short period of time, but I'm one of those rare people who don't float. I go straight to the bottom like I'm wearing concrete galoshes.

As to the help, er, no, thanks. I can drown quite nicely all by myself.

With that said, I like the sea (love it actually - should have been in the Navy), boats, lakes, rivers, streams, etc., and have no real fear of the water (roughest time I ever had was in a 25-ft Bayliner fishing boat which ran over something a mile out of port on the San Joaquin in rough water (2-3 ft swells), the rudder jammed over hard and I had to circle to get the boat back to shore and call for a tow, there were a couple times when I got sideways in some nasty swells and thought the boat was going to capsize - that was the last time I went out on a boat alone).

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Missed me. :wag:

Well, no one really likes getting soap in their mouth, so I can see why she skipped you. I mean, entire generations of children were threatened with that, so you can understand how there's now this built-in aversion.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, entire generations of children were threatened with that, so you can understand how there's now this built-in aversion.

Is it weird that I am a little proud of this?

I wish I had the soap option as a child.
Um...what did your parents put in your mouth as punishment? :eek:

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um...what did your parents put in your mouth as punishment? :eek:

Lived with my grandparents. I had four people that could punish me. Grandmother was fond of "Go get a switch" my grandfather was fond of the belt, mom used her hand or used what my carpenter dad made, a wooden paddle with holes drilled in it.

Yeah mouth washing out was never an option on the menu of punishments

Status
Not open for further replies.